Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How To's (Back to School Edition)-Talking to girls, the first few days of school.

StuartScott

Banned
Reaction score
For High schoolers and College folks.
Also can be used on New/Transfer students.

So you wanna sit next to that pretty girl in the white shirt. Well go up to her and say any of the following.

"Hey howz it goin'"
"Mind if I sit next to you"
"Is this seat taken"
"Hey what's up, what's your name" (shake her hand)

A great way to start conversations with girls in your class the first week is to just ask

you: So how was your summer???

Her: Bla bla bla

you: Yeah I know, summer time goes so fast you know, it seems like, you know, the school year ends, you go to sleep, and here we are back in school again, you know (say that with some enthusiasm) *note* If your in HS talking like this, OH, the girls are gunna like you, cuz in HS, unless you got status or you're an athlete like I was, girls will think your cool by you just saying hi to them let alone holding an actual meaningful conversation cuz 85% of the guys are shy as hell

her: (laughs) yeah I know, bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla, bla bla bla

You: So what's your name, what state are you from, what grade are ya in, what dorm do you stay in, where do you live, how many hours are you taking (you know the basics)

Then after you get her name and all, you can be like

*note* In High School, you can get away with being basic, you know, cuz most of the guys are nervous, but in college, you can only keep it simple for so long cuz there's plenty of competition in college, especially those frat boys, athletes and upperclassmen that freshman girls, especially freshman girls go crazy over and for the most part, a lot of the girls are more intellectual, DON'T GET ME WRONG, THERE ARE PLENTY OF SLUTS IN COLLEGE.

(For college folks)

You: So how does it feel to be finally away from home/living on your own?

Her: Bla bla bla

You: Are your roomates cool....

Her: bla bla bla

You: yeah my roomates are cool also/or i can't stand my roomates, they're so dirty, (tell some funny stories about how their dirty or some funny disgusting $hit they do)
That's a great way to break the ice

I always use this canned opener when I'm talking to Sophomores and up in college.

If I'm talking to them and something about classes being hard comes up. I say something like

Me: What I learned is that you can't treat college like HS, cuz when I first got here, I thought I could just slack off, not study, come to class and get an A, I learned that you just can't do that in college, (at this point, she'll wanna add her 2 cents since girls can't be quiet for more than a minute)

(Me just continuing what I was saying)you gotta be serious and that's hard to do since we in college, we got like 20,000 students, no parents, no rules, $hit, I'ma have me some fun, you know, that's just me. I dunno about you but I'ma have a good time.

Her: bla bla bla bla bla bla

You (getting serious): But you just gotta know, theres like a time and place for everything, you need to set time to study and time to have fun, you gotta have a balance, you can't just study all the time or you can't just party all the time you know.

ANYWAY, I use canned openers like that, that are like memorized so I can avoid any silent moments but for the most part, just go with the flow but when you reach a dead point, use something memorized. Don't drag it on by asking stupid a$$ questions like "ummm, what's your favorite color" or some $hit like that (you know who you are)It also helps to be humorous, like throw in a joke here and there just to keep things interesting. Then you can just end it with a....

You: Well, I'ma head on out, I got a few errands to run (or I gotta be "somewhere" by 3:30,

You: Well I gotta go but I'll talk to ya later/see ya around.

You: Let me get your number so we can kick it sometime/Let me get your number so we can go steady, er, study, my bad.
don't just be like "well, ok bye". That $hit sounds so FUKKING GAY.

*For HS and College Students* When the teacher announces that there is a test or quiz, don't hesitate to ask her to meet up in the library to study with you. Think of how easy that is. Just be like "you busy later on"/"lets meet up in the library/apartment/dorm and study for this test/quiz"....Then when you meet her at the library, you don't necessarily have to spit game since you two are studying you can just be quiet for the most part and she'll still feel a certain connection towards you just for the fact that you two are spending time together be it just studying"

I'd say by the 3rd time you see her and you've established some rapport with her, say like on campus or in the hallway, give her a hug just to get some KINO in there

p.s. You don't have to talk like me, I talk with a country accent with slang, if it's not in you to talk like that, then you'll look a little foolish.

Another post on talking to girls in college by Tweeder
http://www.sosuave.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/001983.html

[This message has been edited by StuartScott (edited 08-20-2002).]

mistyc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Me: What I learned is that you can't treat college like HS, cuz when I first got here, I thought I could just slack off, not study, come to class and get an A, I learned that you just can't do that in college, (at this point, she'll wanna add her 2 cents since girls can't be quiet for more than a minute)"

I have to disagree with that. Slacking off and getting A's is even easier for me in university than in HS.

sillyandy

Reaction score
Good post. I just want to add this - during the lecture, ask her if she has anymore classes later on. If she says something like she has classes in another hour, then after class, ask her if she wants to go grab something to eat, or whether she wants to hang out with you for a little while, since you too have class in a little while, and have nothing to do in the meantime(basically, the key is to make it seem like you want to hang out because you have class later on, so you have some free time before then). I always suggest we go grab something to eat after class, especially if it's a morning or noonish class, which will give you plenty of time to "get to know her better".

StuartScott

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by mistyc:
"Me: What I learned is that you can't treat college like HS, cuz when I first got here, I thought I could just slack off, not study, come to class and get an A, I learned that you just can't do that in college, (at this point, she'll wanna add her 2 cents since girls can't be quiet for more than a minute)"

I have to disagree with that. Slacking off and getting A's is even easier for me in university than in HS.

Maybe so but I just say it just for the sake of conversation you know. A girl, dumb or smart, will surely have smoething to say after I say that. By the way which college do you go to, a city college or some $hit. Or are you some computer geek (nothing personal) Cuz I went to a private college my freshman year, and I couldn't even keep my head above water, my GPA was a damm 1.001 (read that again)I had so much $hit going on plus I got in trouble and went to jail for some b/s and my computer privileges were taken away for a month, but I straigtened up my 2nd (notice I didn't say sophomore) year and got a 3.25 GPA.

P.S Great addition Andy, so true. Plus it's not like the new students know anyone in college, just like Tweeder said, they are just like you, trying to meet new folks and stuff and would be more than happy to kick it with you for 30 minutes b4 your next class.

[This message has been edited by StuartScott (edited 08-15-2002).]

DontStop

Don Juan
Reaction score
(at this point, she'll wanna add her 2 cents since girls can't be quiet for more than a minute)
Let me get your number so we can go steady, er, study, my bad
ahhahaha, this post is not only incredibly useful, but funny as well! Great job

Im going to have to use that "so we can go steady, er, study" line

------------------
absolute power corrupts absolutely..
which is a problem..
if you're powerless.

[This message has been edited by DontStop (edited 08-15-2002).]

Awkward

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Good post

Man you really solved a problem for me here. I actually thought that there were something wrong with me when I had to start conversations with every person in the class. It never accurred to me that the other boys were shy. And that "So how was your summer???" line is awesome, at least for those chicks who actually do stand and ramble on. Most however are too insecure or whatever to talk soo much.

But doesn't that convo seem boring to the girl? I mean I portray a huge smile and are as entustiastic and funny but still I feel bored. zZz

"'Nobody is perfect' says the general rule 'There are always an exception to every rule, and I am the proof of that statement. In other words, I'm f*cking perfect.'
"

mistyc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Maybe so but I just say it just for the sake of conversation you know. A girl, dumb or smart, will surely have smoething to say after I say that."

Of course. Heck it even made me have something to say

"By the way which college do you go to, a city college or some $hit."

University of Ottawa

"Or are you some computer geek (nothing personal) Cuz I went to a private college my freshman year, and I couldn't even keep my head above water, my GPA was a damm 1.001 (read that again)I had so much $hit going on plus I got in trouble and went to jail for some b/s and my computer privileges were taken away for a month, but I straigtened up my 2nd (notice I didn't say sophomore) year and got a 3.25 GPA."

Dunno how those numbers correspond to GPA in Canadian universities. Let's just say that with 1.0 or 3 you wouldn't have been allowed near the place again

But other than that, I did find somet stuff easy, some stuff hard... I think it's because I discovered how I learn, rather than going with the standard "take notes; study; cram; hope to not fail" routine mostly everyone has. I just don't take notes but I become as interested as I can in the subject. Plus having a good memory helps. Nothing to do with being a computer geek, which I am

StuartScott

Banned
Reaction score
[
Hell yeah, that's why I improved my GPA, b/c I became interested in the subject and I studied studied and b4 tests, I spent 2 days each studying a chapter instead of cramming, also I plageurized my a$$ off in English and got an A, my first time I got a D. But the main reason why I didn't do well was b/c I didn't go to class, I just went there enought times not to get dropped. I was finally free to have fun and took advantage and didn't do well. Anyway, my GPA was actually like a 1.5, first semester a 2 which is like a C, second semester a 1 which is a D, a 3.5 is like a B+, which in College is really good because the highest you can get is a 4.0 which is an A and is pretty hard to do.

Answering your question, Awkward, it won't be boring b/c think about it, if some girl came up and started talking to you the first time, you'd be just happy initally that someone came and talked to you. The thing about is not to keep talking about school work and $hit when you keep meeting her. Like actually have an interest in knowing the girl you know. The first time is ok to be boring (even if it ain't boring)b/c you're just getting to know her but down the line, if you wanna take it somewhere, just be yourself and try to just have fun with her.

Peace.

[This message has been edited by StuartScott (edited 08-16-2002).]