Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How to look less stupid when going alone to a bar/club?

davelmn2003

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't have a lot of friends..plus, i don't want my friends to be around when I try to hit on girls. So I'm going alone to the bars/clubs mostly.

My question is, how do I look not so stupid/alone when I'm indeed by myself? Are women turned off by guys who are by themselves?

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey man

When I went to Montreal my friend got way too drunk and stoned to go clubbing, so I went by myself. I did feel a bit awkward waiting by myself in line, but once inside, I had the time of my life dancing. I was lost in my own world -- I actually love to dance. I did dance with some girls, but no dice that time. Oh well, such is life. I did have a HUGE endorphin rush though, from dancing.

It's a state of mind, friend.

tamales

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Wel this again goes for both sexes.. if you are confident and well, you have your game on... being alone can make things easier.. You are waiting for some friends to arrive, they are meeting you. It is not so much your situation as it is how you portray yourself. If you act confident and happy go lucky... not shy, worried or insecure it speaks volumes. When alone, usually people always think you are really with someone or a group. I have found that melding into a group or pretending to be waiting for someone has always helped me.. I would never admit I am alone... That in my O is a big no no! Just say nothing and start a convo.. And again, say that you are meeting friends or whatever.. Usually, it's not a crucial issue but you MUST be very confident and in my book highly attractive to pull this off. If you aren't then go with a friend.

People will not really wonder or care unless you somehow make it obvious to them that you are an AFC or chumpette and desparate.

Not sure, I mean going to a friend's party alone is a big difference then going to a club alone. I say... if you are confident , sexy and have your game on then why not.. Makes things easier if you can pull it off. I have done it once and scored with a lot of men. Got lots of numbers but then none of these men knew I was alone. ANd if they knew I was, not sure if they would believe me. I mean most people don't/ Sort of like eating out alone. In NYC it is common but in Boise maybe not.. All depends. But not for the major AFC! Just my O tho:) As always.. I usually tho don't like to go out with more than two friends if that. One is ideal. Especially, for women. Men on the other hand. THe more the merrier. We somehow feel more secure coming up to you in groups:)

Okay, I realize now how contradictory my message was.. All depends on your confidence level and DJ> I mean you can go alone but don't act alone.. That is key! Good luck:) ANd hell, why not make some new friends when out so that next time you can meet up with them as a fall back if necessary..

violator

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree somewhat with what tamales has stated. It is really about your attitude and confidence. If you walk in a club/bar with the attitude that you there to have a good time and not to pick up women, this will show and the women will be more receptive to your advances.

At first the idea of going to a club can be intimidating, but after doing it a couple of times and learning how to socialize in a club atmosphere, it is not that difficult and can even be fun. Now, I can easily walk in a club by myself and socialize with the crowd because of the confidence I have gained.

Because most of my friends and relatives are married or live far away (I am seperated) I actually find myself going to clubs/bars by myself on a regular basis. And to be quite honest, some of the most fun and best hookups have been when I went solo to a club.

megatron

Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with what tamales is saying about having confidence and not acting as if your alone and thus feel insecure about it.

One thing I am confused about what he/she said though, is that...(if your a woman), men really don't care if your alone in a club. In fact, if your alone, your seen as an easy target because being men, we think that lonely girls in bars/clubs are there to score/looking for ONS (without the criticism of friends or whatever).

Unbridled_1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It's different though for men and women, since men are going to do the approaching. Most men would be more likely to approach a women who is alone. Though I agree if you appear secure and confident it should not be a big deal.

Also, just find a place that is larger and where people tend to split with their friends upon entering anyways.

PANK

Banned
Reaction score
Theres no need to go by yourself. I used to feel stupid in front of my friends when i hit on girls so i never did ever even when they wanted me to. Until i just one day started and from then on and now they give me encouragment, so try it.They may be shocked at first but they WILL get used to it.Also im sure ifyou started going to some classes like yoga or cookery or french class or from school you could make new friends. Or alternatively you could use a line in the clubs like all my friends seem to have dissapeared and take convo from there.