Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How to handle the silent treatment

Reaction score
A response that has come to be expected out of you. You seem to have all the answers so I will leave you to it.

Good luck.
You are boasting about performing a classic behavior tactic used by narcissists. I cannot tell you what to do, but I hope later down the road you seek help and come back to this topic to thank me :)

Tbh I don't care what you do, but I will not let you just feed bull **** to men to make them easy bait for your female counterparts.

Chamber36

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not at all. Silence & Distance is not only healthy it also is doing yourself and her both favors. You each are distanced from each other and are able to identify issues more effectively without the person present and also able to see whether the person should remain active in your life.

Assuming she comes back around, which she likely does, your mind is then clear as to whether or not she should be allowed back.
If a b*tch steps out of line, you gotta act swiftly.

Can't let em think they can get away with bullsh*t.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had a woman give me the silent treatment for 3 hours while on a date with her. The only time she spoke was when she said she wanted to go home and get a sweater. So I drove to her house. She went inside, grabbed a sweater, came back out and I was gone. She went on Facebook and saw I had deleted her. I win at silent treatment.

dude99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As above.So all off a sudden,she is pissed off with you,one word answers and/ or silence,and this is the crucial point here,YOU DONT KNOW WHY...how do you handle this ? Obviously,you are not going to simp ("how have I upset you honey...") but,you cant think what you have done,and,assuming you cant escape,ie,you are both on a 3 hour car journey home (or even if you arnt!) and dont fancy 3 hours of sulky silence...what next,how does a DJ handle this....be interested to hear as we have all been there.....btw, "just kick her to the kerb" is not really helpful as a reply,trying to get to the nuts and bolts of the real world here
As above.So all off a sudden,she is pissed off with you,one word answers and/ or silence,and this is the crucial point here,YOU DONT KNOW WHY...how do you handle this ? Obviously,you are not going to simp ("how have I upset you honey...") but,you cant think what you have done,and,assuming you cant escape,ie,you are both on a 3 hour car journey home (or even if you arnt!) and dont fancy 3 hours of sulky silence...what next,how does a DJ handle this....be interested to hear as we have all been there.....btw, "just kick her to the kerb" is not really helpful as a reply,trying to get to the nuts and bolts of the real world here
I had an ex pull the silent treatment on me and wouldn't tell me what was wrong when i asked, (i did nothing legit wrong, she was trying to manipulate,) she was being rude and snippy and i asked calmly what was wrong and i got the "nothing" answer then she stormed into her bedroom and closed the door. This is how i handled it.

I put on my shoes and left and didn't call her for a week. She finally called me and tried to pick a fight. I told her when she was done acting like a child to give me a call. Hung up.

2 days later she called and tried to pick a fight again. I told her when she is done acting like a child to give me a call. Hung up again.

A week and a half later she called me and again she called and wanted to pick a fight. I told her she has run out of chances and my patients has expired. Don't ever call me again.

She then spent the next 2 months being incredibly apologetic and tried to win me back but i had moved on.

You can never reward bad behaviour. If you do you will always be the one who loses.

Last edited:

Zontyy

Don Juan
Reaction score
I tend to be direct and ask what the problem is. If I don't get an answer or more silent treatment, I just go about my day with other tasks. Laundry/Cleaning/Work Out/Organizing/Playing a Video Game with the boys or spending time with my son. Just stay busy and don't let it bother you.

Lordeterra

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
uh...you work on yourself and keep talking to new women bro.

TheCharmingGuy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
uh...you work on yourself and keep talking to new women bro.
This might help if you are on a road trip.
I was on a trip to see family in Alabama once and I brought my girl, she was giving me the silent treatment so I didn’t speak to her, pulled into a Dairy Queen and got an Oreo Blizzard, which I proceeded to eat very happily as I drove, knowing she loved these and that she had not eaten all day. Needless to say she started talking to me again to get a sip.

ThisIsSparta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ignore her, do your thing...... at some point she will either come back to tormal or she will freak out because you dont give a shiat (which is what she subconsciously wants from you), have an emotional outburst and will go back to normal when she sees you still dont give a shiat.

Glassguy

Reaction score
Silence and Distance. This is the classic and appropriate response.

You go into observation mode and get busy doing other stuff.

She either pulls her head out of her ass or she doesn’t. Not your problem.
This ^^^^^. A chick wants to act b!tchy over something so stupid that I dont even know what it is? Silence and most importantly Distance. I dont want to be around, nor will I chose to be around, someone in a sh!tty mood.

She will either snap out of it or can go pound sand up her @ss. Either is fine with me.

Glassguy

Reaction score
The key recipe is a splash of silence and a whole lotta distance. Be unphased. Go do stuff that you like doing WITHOUT inviting her. She will figure out a better attitude REALLY quick when she sees youre not putting up with her childish bullcrap.

dude99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This might help if you are on a road trip.
I was on a trip to see family in Alabama once and I brought my girl, she was giving me the silent treatment so I didn’t speak to her, pulled into a Dairy Queen and got an Oreo Blizzard, which I proceeded to eat very happily as I drove, knowing she loved these and that she had not eaten all day. Needless to say she started talking to me again to get a sip.
This reminds me of "dads advice "

Son "dad what do you do when mom is giving you the silent treatment?"

Dad" i tighten all the jars in the kitchen so tight she eventually has to break down and ask for my help to open them."