Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How to dance when you're at the club?

LoBo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Last night was my first time ever clubbing. It was a terrible experience. In hindsight, I should not have gone. I am sick currently and I was nearly suffocating due to all the smoke. Also, I have myself a really terrible sunburn, so the heat in that bar was giving me some serious heat stroke. Basically, I just wasn't feeling it last night. I didn't dance, I didn't drink, I pretty much just moped around like boring outcast.

Even though I didn't actually go out and dance my first time, I am not afraid to go out there and shake my stuff. :p Only problem is... I don't know how. :confused: I mean, I understand that "dancing" really means to just "stand and wiggle around in a rhythmic fashion" :)D), but I have no clue how to even do that. What I'm most curious about is what to do with my arms. I've danced before but was always terrible. Now I know every guy looks like an idiot when they dance, but I'm just a doofus out on the dance floor. You can look at me and know I don't belong there. :rolleyes:

Any pointers? Thanks in advance for your help. :)

One on One

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I hated my first time clubbing too (well, not hated because I was with friends, but I didn't feel comfortable at all). Now, I really like to go clubbing. Your first time clubbing is tough unless you are a natural partier because you have to feel things out. You don't know what to expect. I suggest that you go to the same club again (unless the club really sucked) and you'll find more of a comfort zone. Also, the more you go clubbing, the more you realize that nobody knows what the hell they are doing on the dance floor. Shake to the rhythm, you know that and that's all you need to know.

davelmn2003

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with dave. Select a few clubs (I would say two) that you would frequent so you can get comfortable with the surroundings.

For me, I get about 2 beers, then I start to feel like having some fun and become less self-conscious.

You just dance. Don't care a thing about it. Dance to the beat though. I was approached by a girl who thought I danced nicely, even though I didn't (and still don't) know how to dance. If you look like you're having some fun, girls will like that. Carry that smile on your face and have fun. If you're a reserved person like myself, get yourself 2 beers (but no more than 3, otherwise you'd look drunk)...

LoBo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, I went again last night to the same club and man did I have a blast! You were right dave, not only was I ill the night before, but I was a bit uncomfortable. Last night though, I was feeling great and really gettin' into it! I actually went out on the dance floor and just started movin' without a second thought. I've never danced before and didn't think it would be this easy to pick up. I have no idea how I looked but I felt like I knew what I was doing. I just moved to the music and looked like I belonged there. It was a great time. Also, the fact that we had a VIP package didn't hurt. NO cover and free drinks all night.

Thanks for all your help you guys. Now you have one more person to welcome to the club. ;)

One on One

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Glad I could help. I think the first time is the most difficult no matter what it is you are doing.

davelmn2003

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
good for you LoBo. Just keep on dancing and having fun. Before too long girls will get interested once they sense that fun-loving person inside you.

DankNuggs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by davelmn2003
If you're a reserved person like myself, get yourself 2 beers (but no more than 3, otherwise you'd look drunk)...

What kind of advice is this? You sound like you're barely old enough to see a rated-R movie, much less drink a beer...

Most clubs I go to spin techno, just bob up and down to the beat and have a blast...

Sir Jeffrey

Don Juan
Reaction score
Dance like 2Pac did in the I Get Around video with your arms up and elbows out and GANGSTA.

Sometimes what I like to do when I'm dancing with a girl is to take that ass and just flip it around and start humping it violently from behind. Girls really like that. One time I got a girl to get on all fours on the floor and I just started dry humping it to the beat, synchronizing my grind when the beat kicked the bass. Girls also like it when you pull on their hair really really hard, like almost yanking it. That's a good thing to do with your hands.

Digitz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Make an entrance into the club and grab the nearest girl without a man.
Get behind her and put your hands on her hips, she will move and you move with her in unison. Your dancing with a hot girl now, nice job.
Simple as close and f*ck.

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You should try dancing at home before attempting to dance in the club. Put on some typical music that you'd hear in whatever dance club you're going to be going to (Usuallly its either Hip hop \R&B or Techno \Electronica or a mixture of the two) Any way dance by yourself first looking in the mirror or watching MTV and seeing what they're doing. Either way you've got to learn to move your body somewhat with the beat. If you can get on the beat then what ever you'll do will be pretty good. From there its up to you to get rid of whatever dances you don't like and practice and innovate more dances you do like. Soon you'll be up in the club tearing it up with the best of them and girls will be far far more inclined to ask you to dance.