Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How to ask the girl to pay?

aznbreakerjrey

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I dunno if I'm being anal-retentive here, but if I don't have enough money to pay for both of us on a date, how would I go about telling her to pay her way? I'm guessing it's good to pay first date, and then start bringing up the split the cost issue on subsequent meetings...

Here's what I'm thinking:
The check would come and I'd say: "Okay, so do you normally have guys pay for you, because I usually split the cost."

Then if she gives me some grief about me being cheap and untraditional I would spout some shiz to put her on a guilt trip:
"Hey, do you think I care being here with you? If I didn't I wouldn't have (insert activity here) with you today, and I would have been out with another girl instead."

Yes, I know there have been threads/debates over who should pay (that's where I got my guilt trip idea from), but there hasn't been much discussion on how one would make the girl pay her way...

Soooo, what do you guys think of how I would go about doing this? Any tips, suggestions?

Ashlee Angel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you don't have the money to pay for both of you. Don't go to a place where you have to spend money. Their are alot of free things to do. Go to your house and watch a movie and eat their. You'll be spending time and you won't be spending money.

I mostly always pay because I think that is the man's job.

Back in the day when I use to have a bunch of ONS girls would always pay for themselves.

SnatchJP

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Andrew
"*****, give me your purse."
LOL!

May I quote:

"*cough* an excellent example of C&F *Cough*, it immediatly proves two things:

A)You've got BALLS!

B)They're gonna get KICKED!"

E-Money

Don Juan
Reaction score
Most girls I've come across actually insist on paying for part and only wont if I double insist. So you have a good chance that shell pay for part.

Otherwise, avoid high-cost places. Remember, a girl wants to have fun and be entertained, she doesn't want to have a $1000 a plate dinner and be bored.

I wouldn't be as direct as you stated. You kind of want to 'beat around the bush.' On my cell phone, I have this program called EZ Tip, which calculates how much a person should pay of the bill split so many ways. I always mention before a dinner deal like "Yeah I have this tight program on my cell phone that calculates how much each person pays of the bill" and she will get the hint. And I sound laid back and all about it, not serious at all. It works man.

Jester

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i gotta say you guys are stupid if u pay all the time.

ESPECIALLY on the first 5 dates, then you dont even know if u'll stay with the girl for much longer. Its just retarded to blow your money on a prospect that might not even turn out.

Girls USE ignorant guys who pay for everything for FREE STUFF.

Dont be gay, let her pay.

aznbreakerjrey

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Jester - Hellz yeah exactly my thoughts right there!

I'd be ok with paying for her if she doesn't offer, but I'd like it better if she paid her way.

Mr. Mystery

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I haven't field tested this one, but if your at a resaurant, when you finish your meal you ask the waiter for two checks. She should get the point.

Mr. Mystery

CrzyBadBoyDJ

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, this is what you do! As for the check, and then once you read it, reach for your wallet and say "Oh ****! I forgot my wallet!"...

ugh... wait a minute!...

bcdefxyz2000

Don Juan
Reaction score
thsi is what ill compare it to..put yourself in the girls shoes..what would you do if someone asked you if you would like to go eat with them, liek one fo your frieds. you think..they asked you so they might pay, but you know you should pay and you wouldnt mind paying, but if they offer to pay then why dish it out.. if i were eating with a friedn and they said, 'lets spit the cost" i would maybee think they sounded a little cheap or i wouldnt think anything of it, so thinkj of a good way to ask, like ...are you goint to spit this check with me?..i thin ksoemthign sounds better than..lets split the cost..lol...

I

Imitation

And if she offers to pay and you don't mind/or find this okay then say something after her to get confirmation... otherwise she might think you're cheap for giving in too easily and it shows you're considering her at least.