Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How should the PUA play DM game?

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Forum member SW15 made this comment on an earlier thread:
The typical 35-40 year old woman if she is childless gets a ton of attention on swipe apps, and even has guys trying to slide into her DMs on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
So how does one play "DM game"? Is the idea to basically consider these social networks like they are Tinder, and just open with the standard "hey, good lookin', whatcha got cookin'"? :rolleyes: Also, wouldn't using LinkedIn be looked upon as especially creepy as that it not a social app at all?

Georgepithyou

Banned
Reaction score
Not sure about Facebook since only 40+ year olds actually use it these days, but with Instagram it's simple really.

Follpw her, she follows you back (which means she will now actually see your messages instead of it going into pending)

Now when she posts a story you reply to it, or you can try building some rapport first by liking 3 of her pics and waiting to see if she likes 3 of yours back.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
:rolleyes: Also, wouldn't using LinkedIn be looked upon as especially creepy as that it not a social app at all?
On LinkedIn, it is common to see women making posts mentioning how they are getting DMs from men interested in romance and not business. This was going on prior to the pandemic but has increased since the pandemic started.

Before the pandemic, it was common for women to get hit on at in-person business networking events or at trade shows/conferences. With those not happening, a lot of that has shifted on to LinkedIn.

Not sure about Facebook since only 40+ year olds actually use it these days, but with Instagram it's simple really.

Follpw her, she follows you back (which means she will now actually see your messages instead of it going into pending)

Now when she posts a story you reply to it, or you can try building some rapport first by liking 3 of her pics and waiting to see if she likes 3 of yours back.
Guys have been hitting on women on Facebook since it started. In the mid to late 2000s, it was common for men to try to get laid via Facebook messages. A lot of that game has shifted to Insta but @Georgepithyou is correct that Facebook has more active users in the 40+ group now. I'm 37, and for the last 3-5 years, most of my late 20s-mid-30s friends barely use Facebook. They have Facebook accounts and will make posts when they get engaged, married, get a new dog, or have a baby. They aren't doing much day to day.

Instagram has a more active user base and a younger user base.

Some guys do really well with DM game on Twitter and Instagram but most men are better off focusing on real life approaches.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

So how does one play "DM game"? Is the idea to basically consider these social networks like they are Tinder, and just open with the standard "hey, good lookin', whatcha got cookin'"? :rolleyes: Also, wouldn't using LinkedIn be looked upon as especially creepy as that it not a social app at all?
In the words of the GOAT, "send location!" - Khabib

You lead. She follows or next. #nextset

I am not slipping into her DMs. I am not following on Ig. I reluctantly take social media adds or preferably snap as its private and interactive but I am old school.

Disclaimer : exercise common sense. Pick your approach.

Warning: ****s are screenshot DMs and uploading on social media. Some guys are cringe and yet she's still a **** because it's attention seeking.

My mate pulls off LinkedIn. Another used yelp. Lulz

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some guys do really well with DM game on Twitter and Instagram but most men are better off focusing on real life approaches.
I don't disagree but, we all can agree that game is sales, marketing. Volume is a great thing for sourcing but women uploading your DMs to social media or worse multip is a very bad look.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't disagree but, we all can agree that game is sales, marketing. Volume is a great thing for sourcing but women uploading your DMs to social media or worse multip is a very bad look.
There are sales and marketing elements of dating. It's not entirely analogous though. Finding a mate isn't the same thing as a big conglomerate marketing dish soap, potato chips, or laundry detergent.

In both cold approaching and swipe app game, there is a volume issue. Swipe apps and anything behind an electronic screen (including social media DMs) is a pure volume game.

My mate pulls off LinkedIn. Another used yelp. Lulz
Yelp makes more sense than LinkedIn as a place to get dates. On LinkedIn, I'd imagine the women to be too business oriented to generate anything meaningful. That was my impression before the pandemic when I tried pulling at business networking events. I found it difficult to get women out of business mode. Also, a lot of women at the in-person business networking events were careerist women, which isn't good. I'd think LinkedIn would be worse than an in-person networking event for pickup.

Last edited:

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There are sales and marketing elements of dating. It's not entirely analogous though. Finding a mate isn't the same thing as a big conglomerate marketing dish soap, potato chips, or laundry detergent.
Haha.

In both cold approaching and swipe app game, there is a volume issue. Swipe apps and anything behind an electronic screen (including social media DMs) is a pure volume game.
for sure. It's why AMS pushing choosing signals. Mystery on IOIs. Purely cold approach is a a timessuck and work. Likely why I have no patience lmr.

Yelp makes more sense than LinkedIn as a place to get dates. On LinkedIn, I'd imagine the women to be too business oriented to generate anything meaningful. That was my impression before the pandemic when I tried pulling at business networking events. I found it difficult to get women out of business mode. Also, a lot of women at the in-person business networking events were careerist women, which isn't good. I'd think LinkedIn would be worse than an in-person networking event for pickup.
So, I have been in the game for a while. Met some wild naturals. I don't know how the **** he does it. Logically, I do. In application, I don't quite get it. He picked up a waitress once telling her he's unemployed (he is not). Linkedin though? Another time he pulled a chair out from under a girl. She ate ****. Ended up back at his place. It's whack. More frat boy than pretty boy.

Game recognize game.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Purely cold approach is a a timessuck and work.
This is why I think a lot of men end up on swipe apps, which is also a time suck and work. However, you don't need to get dressed or leave your home to do swipe apps, which was an appealing idea even before COVID but even more appealing now.

There is no substitute for the in-person experience. A man can avoid a lot of bad dates that end up costing him money just from doing in-person approaching.

A man might have to work the grocery store or the mall for 2 hours just to get 1 number who flakes. I've had daygaming sessions in various venues end up like that.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Basically you need to get away from DM's as quickly as possible, because you can't escalate on a woman or find out if she's genuinely interested if you're not physically together.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is why I think a lot of men end up on swipe apps, which is also a time suck and work. However, you don't need to get dressed or leave your home to do swipe apps, which was an appealing idea even before COVID but even more appealing now.
If a man chain guns pickup, he will pull. For the entitlement, **** tests, female logic, and other shenanigans, a lot of girls are bad in bed. The girl could be cute but it looks like a bomb went off in her room. **** everywhere. I saw another stat about fellas wasting 90min a day swiping. A male 8/10 rated from another technology has 3dates after 1600 swipes, 100 matches. It is not just female entitlement but the algorithm. Women don't pay for dating apps (those that do are busted or post wall). It's high earnings in men who pay just to not be throttled by the app or shadow banned. It's a stupid use of time but again, my d won't suck it self.

There is no substitute for the in-person experience. A man can avoid a lot of bad dates that end up costing him money just from doing in-person approaching.

A man might have to work the grocery store or the mall for 2 hours just to get 1 number who flakes. I've had daygaming sessions in various venues end up like that.
I loved the club. There's a flow state where you know someone is coming home tonight. Other times you can't catch tumbleweed. It happens to all of us. The only thing to remember is that, tomorrow is another day. The wall is undefeated. Hotter girls are turning 18 everyday.