Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How long does interest level last?

Ultra Magnus

Don Juan
Reaction score
If a girl was interested in you 6 months ago, but you turned her down cuz you were in a relationship back then, would you call her 6 months (now that I am single again) later to ask for date? Kinda lame huh?

I think if a girl I was truly interested in 6 months ago asked me out, I would give her a try....don't you think?

stallion

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
yup, I would if I was single.

If I were you, I would ask her out anyways. Just treat it as you've just met her. What can you lose? Rejection is better than not trying at all.

violator

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, you have nothing to lose in trying. However, women tend to be bitter after being rejected, so don't be surprised if she gives you the cold shoulder.

El brujo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Or she'll go like this: "So, I'm your second choice, huh?"

But if she really was into you, I'd give it a shot, and I'd even try it if she hated your guts because you rejected her when she asked. Most of the time girls like these are just bitter for a while. Suppose this situation happens:

You: Hi, blablablabla, like to get to know you better, blablabla...
Her: So, I'm your second choice, jerk?
You: So you say no? Man, I thaugt you were different and nice, but you turn out to be like every other ...(fill in the word that you prefer)

I don't know what happens then, there are two possibilitys:

-She still says no, not falling for your argument
-She starts worrying that she is what you say that she is, and she'll try to undo that by saying yes (this could take a while)

PEACEDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not 100% sure if she is still interested in you because if she was that into you, then you possibly could've broken her heart and she might have took that 6 months time to forget about you. Either way I'd give it a shot.

Reaction score
Being in a relationship is a legitimate reason to turn down a girl. It's not like you said "no, I'm not attracted to you." (You didn't say that did you?) I think you have a good chance as long as she herself is single now as well.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Worth a shot

The other guys have covered the bases pretty well.

You weren't available, after all. If you were not really involved and chose the other gal over this one, she's more likely to be nasty about it.

Ultra Magnus

Don Juan
Reaction score
Here is the whole story. She came into my office a few times and we talked for a while. She giggled a lot and we had a fun time with our conversation. She came back to my office and dropped off her business card and told me to give her a call. I was so attracted to her that I called her back.

However, after two short phone conversations, I basically told her two things:
1. Yes, I find you very attractive, but it may be unprofessional for me to date you.
2. However, I am not available at this time. I can't cheat.

Was that the right thing to do? I guess I will send her an email just to see if she is still available.

Ultra Magnus

Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess my other question is....would a hot chick with big knockers that you rejected 6 months ago still remember who you are? I am sure she has countless guys after her.

Clint Eastwood

Don Juan
Reaction score
You have to go after her. You did nothing to lower her interest level.

Think about it. You were a challenge because you were taken. You made her laugh, which showed her why you're a fun guy and why you're taken. Then, you did something which is very important to many men and women, at least in the beginning stages of a relationship. You proved that you were loyal. That's really important, because many women think that most guys will cheat in a heartbeat.

Time probably did very little to lower her interest level.

The worst that can happen is that she'll reject you. And, we all know rejection is better than regret of not asking in the first place.

Good luck.

Clint Eastwood

Don Juan
Reaction score
Oops. Let me add that you have to go after her, provided that you still see her. If you don't see her at all for 6 months, then it's time to get over it and move on to the next girl.

Like Ultra Magnus said, she probably has lots of guys after her. So if you call her up out of the blue after 6 months, it's a foolish waste of time. Only go after her, if you've been seeing her.

Ultra Magnus

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I guess I should get over it. It is just that I think girls don't ask out guys that often. So this meant that her interest level was really high. So I was thinking she must still remember me somewhat. :)

trajhenkhet

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Anything to lose by trying;)