Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How do you guys deal with beer desire?

christie

Banned
Reaction score
2 years sober as of several weeks ago.

Cold turkey is by far the hardest way to quit anything. You have to replace your addiction with something just as satisfying or close to it. I'd say start slowly decreasing your beer into from 2 to 1.5 to 1 to 0.5 to nonalcoholic to... another drink or fulfilling activity you absolutely love as a distraction.

Also stay away from places and circumstances that will give you the urge to drink or even think about drinking. Means no clubs, bars, and avoid the beer section in the convenience store. Try not to hang out with people who will be drinking. Again, replace drinking with another social activity you like just as much. When you remove something, you've got to add something.
This works. Every suggestion.

Congrats on the 2 years sober.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some really "smart" dudes say they get laid easier with a couple of drinks into them. The reason being it dumbs them down so that they can fit in alot of the common conversation. You need to evaluate that for yourself, because there is some truth in it.

justhe_justin

Don Juan
Reaction score
Some really "smart" dudes say they get laid easier with a couple of drinks into them. The reason being it dumbs them down so that they can fit in alot of the common conversation. You need to evaluate that for yourself, because there is some truth in it.
Very true, this is in-fact the reason I started drinking. It blocks the inhibitions and gives guys the confidence to be bold despite #metoo fears. Personally, I my game was so bad I still couldn't get a woman in bed if I looked like Brad Pit. But that's besides the point lol.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Very true, this is in-fact the reason I started drinking. It blocks the inhibitions and gives guys the confidence to be bold despite #metoo fears. Personally, I my game was so bad I still couldn't get a woman in bed if I looked like Brad Pit. But that's besides the point lol.
Some guys are attractive enough that there's zero "games " . Women simply submits. He does what he wants.

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
2 years sober as of several weeks ago.

Cold turkey is by far the hardest way to quit anything. You have to replace your addiction with something just as satisfying or close to it. I'd say start slowly decreasing your beer into from 2 to 1.5 to 1 to 0.5 to nonalcoholic to... another drink or fulfilling activity you absolutely love as a distraction.

Also stay away from places and circumstances that will give you the urge to drink or even think about drinking. Means no clubs, bars, and avoid the beer section in the convenience store. Try not to hang out with people who will be drinking. Again, replace drinking with another social activity you like just as much. When you remove something, you've got to add something.
I'm working on that.

When I'mt at home, playing games is the best way to avoid that desire. I do something that I enjoy and forget about that.

But socializing I realized that if I want to quit it, I have to change basically all my social circle. Bit hard, but also I don't see any benefit into going to bars, parties and hanging out with guys/women who only wants that.

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree. It requires a total change of lifestyle. I quit almost 10 years ago. It remains the best thing I have ever done. My mind boggles at how much people think alcohol adds to their life.
It only brings me problems! There is no benefit on alcohol... only a short term pleasure.

Even my cognition go slow when I drink beers... Its weird.

justhe_justin

Don Juan
Reaction score
It only brings me problems! There is no benefit on alcohol... only a short term pleasure.

Even my cognition go slow when I drink beers... Its weird.
I feel you man, it took for me to move out of New York City and back to my hometown to get away from my friends and lifestyle that revolved around drinking at every social event, every weekend, every activity. I still keep in touch with my friends, but it's hard to say "no" to everything. Relocation made it simple.

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yep, it may help in that case... But the consequences of it I don't know if worth it.

The best sex experiences I had was sober.

My problem with alcohol is mainly emotional. When I feel sad, I recur to that to alleviate my pain.

And there is some foods I eat that seems to induce this desire. When I'm eating more naturally this desire goes away.

I'm getting really deep into that, and learning all those triggers. Its being fcking hard, but slowly I'm learning those patterns and testing my ideas.

Social circle can influence me a lot. Friends and women I hang out...

Have to stay around people that don't drink alcohol to don't relapse again. Not that I drink every day... but even drinking a weekend, its a failure for me.

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I feel you man, it took for me to move out of New York City and back to my hometown to get away from my friends and lifestyle that revolved around drinking at every social event, every weekend, every activity. I still keep in touch with my friends, but it's hard to say "no" to everything. Relocation made it simple.
I'm planning to move out my town too. Want to start fresh on another place.

DId you ever feel lack of motivation whenever you used to drink alcohol.

This year I was almost 4 months without alcohol, and damn... I was doing so many things I don't have energy to do right now. It was like alcohol completely killed that energy and motivation to do hard and complex stuffs.

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here is the funny thing about alcohol. This isn't based solely on research, simply my experience and based on a lot of reading I have done.

Alcohol and depression go hand in hand. It is well known that alcohol can cause depression. So which comes first, the chicken or the egg? Hard to say.

But here is what happens. A person starts suffering from depression, maybe alcohol induced, maybe not. But the person finds that alcohol can make them feel better for a little while. It takes the pain away. So they drink. Meanwhile, the body is releasing endorphins, dopamine, feel-good chemicals. They feel better.

But let's say the body, in a normal state, should have "10" for a level of endorphins. Due to depression, they maybe have a level of 6. The alcohol uses up these endorphins to create the High, the relaxed state. Now, a day later, the level is no longer 6, but 4 or 5, because what little feel good chemicals were available in this depressed person's mind/body have been used for a short term high. So now they are moving forward with a level of 5. What to do? Drink more to get that feeling back. And the downward spiral continues.

The problem is, many many people don't KNOW they are depressed, nor do they know alcohol increase it. Worsens it.

Guys/Gals.............if your mood is "down" the LAST thing you should do is drink alcohol.

Far better to join a gym, get out amongst people, and work your body hard. Exercise has been shown to be a very powerful anti-depressant. Seek a Physician's help if you feel the need.
Thats a biggest true man!

Read a lot about it on that book:

This is why I don't give up on this idea... and when I see that I'm giving up I remember about that.

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Let me tell you something else. Alcohol kills your pride, your sense of self-worth, your self-esteem. It becomes crutch, to cope with life. It makes you weak.

There is NO SUCH THING as an alcoholic with high self-esteem.
Being 30 days without it, we can see how much those things improve.

But it took only 1 day of drinking, to put everything on trash.

Medina

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Half a bottle of whiskey in one sitting, at least once or twice a week. My liver is probably at the irreversible stage but at least spirits don't make you fat

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wine. It's like drinking grapes instead of bread.

lost_blackbird

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I go out alone most weekends, my usual hangout is a c0cktail bar where I know all the staff and
am friends with the owner. I can often be seen helping out when they are busy, minding the door
from time to time and also doing odd handyman jobs around the bar when it's closed to the public.
I never get charged for my beer, so the opportunity to get totally blasted is there every time I go.
I won't drink c0cktails as they will have me falling about drunk but because I almost feel as if I'm
at my workplace I don't really drink my free beer to excess as I wouldn't want to embarrass myself
in front of my friends who work there or indeed the other customers. The assumption from many
of the customers that I am part of the staff also gives me an opportunity to talk to the ladies, especially
when I'm manning the door. I find this arrangement ideal, especially as I lock in with the staff after close
and can continue drinking way past the current 10pm closing curfew imposed by our marvellous UK
government due to coronabollox hysteria. That said, I've never made a drunken approach in my entire
life anyway although I once squared up to a huge guy in a bar when I was still a teen and took a nice
headbutting to the floor for my trouble.:lol: He was an ex-para. Some lessons teach themselves. :up: