Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How did you turn out after college?

DJStudent

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm curious to see how people turn out after college. I'm going to be a senior soon and I still don't know what am I going to do. I went into business because that's what interest me but it's so broad that I have no idea on what jobs I can even land.

So honestly what did you guys do after college? What jobs do you guys have? How much do you make?

tristan22

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude i'm not going to lie to you, it's all about who you know and what great internship you had during college. I am a first generation graduate who spent most of my time just going to class; so no one really told me the ropes of college.

In Columbus, Ohio the economy is terrible for recent college grads without connections. I have spent the last couple of years working dead end jobs, trying to make things happen for myself. I recently went to real estate school and i buy and sell luxury cars, so i'm trying to make a success story out of myself.
I have juggled the idea of law school, but i feel i can make more money selling real estate and cars then i can as an attorney.

I really do wish i could have the college experience all over again. I would change a lot of things i did wrong. But you know the saying "don't live in the past."

My suggestion to you, is get your real estate license and begin your career working for a local developer or builder (after a year or so, branch out on your own). You can easily make 6 figures within 2-3 years in real estate if your a hard worker!

Good luck my friend!

cirtran

Reaction score
I got a job kind of in line with the same industry I was working in during school-distribution. Most people don't care if you have a degree, they still want a year's experience at least. Look for companies in the same industry as you, even if it's not the same job. What are you doing now? I spent hours and hours e-mailing my resume to people in the paper and my school's career help department. I got my first interview and blew it. When I looked back I could see I clearly blew it, but to tell you the truth, while the job was better than what I was doing at the time, I didn't really want it. Which was fortunate, as I probably would have blown the interview in the job I really wanted if I didn't have any idea what to expect in the interview. Take any interview you can even if you don't want the job. You need to get interview practice. The questions will most likely be similar if it's an entry level position, so get answers ready for some of the most popular questions. Look back and reflect on your interviews. Look at the facial expression of your interviewer. Don't act nervous. If you are nervous you won't be able to think clearly, either.

Spend a lot of time getting your resume right, ask the advisors for help with your resume. I ended up getting hired from someone who contacted me because I had my resume posted on my school's career help website.

Your college career service will be more helpful and more likely to get you hired than ads in the paper or monster.com, because these people are looking for college grads that are young and wont get paid as much as someone with as much experience.

Write cover sheets specific to each job you are submitting your resume to. I had alot more response to my resume when I custom tailored each cover page explaining to the potential employer what I COULD DO FOR THEM. People don't care if you want to work there. They want to know how you can help them out, and just what will make you a good employee, and not generic comments, like "self starter." Try to give examples if you can. It takes alot more time to do this for each resume but in the long run it was a much better use of my time than spending the same amount of time spamming every want ad with my resume.