Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How did you know it was the right time to get married?

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just wondering of those who did get married, when did you know it was the right time?

What scares me is the pressure that you can get after dating someone for 2-3 years.

In my case, there are more than enough signs that I probably SHOULDN"T marry my current girlfriend. But I do love her and enjoy her company.

sux2bu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ricky

What scares me is the pressure that you can get after dating someone for 2-3 years.

Why?? It's your decision to make, NOT hers. And don't get down on one knee to propose to a girl, EVER. This mawkish tradition needs to be STOP.

dietzcoi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DON'T DO IT EVER!

If there are Red Flags you will be the biggest fool to marry her just because of some time limit!

And yes, the getting down on one knee is the biggest bit of AFC crap society has ever invented! For God's sake we need to stop the madness!!!

Dietzcoi

Chrispy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Just wondering of those who did get married, when did you know it was the right time?

Pressure from whom? If it's people around you, ignore them, if it's the girl giving pressure...stall! :)

In my case, there are more than enough signs that I probably SHOULDN"T marry my current girlfriend. But I do love her and enjoy her company.
Like?

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Never been married, but ...

... if you don't know after one year, you'll never know. If you've been dating 2-3 years, the last two have been a waste of time. What more do you need to know? There's not gonna be any little quirks she's hiding. You've done it all after a year, time to sh-t or get off the pot.

I'm amazed how much time people waste on this process. Plus, think of all the women you can't date while you're doing this prolonged "dating."

Cyrano took me to the woodshed on the other board for my timeline, but it's true. It's just a complete waste of time after a year. If a woman doesn't want to get married after a year of dating, time to move the h-ll on.

Remember, there are 100's of thousands of women you could fall in love with on this planet and the only reason you're with the one now is proximity and timing. If you didn't live in X town you wouldn't be with X girl and so forth. No fate or soul mate B.S., just cold, hard facts.

After two years, you don't know? No reason to keep test driving the product. It obviously doesn't work for you or her.

My suggestion? Start dating almost anything with a pulse every single week. Go for a goal of dating about 25-40 women in one year to find out what you really want. Also, when not dating, hang out with some fellow DJ's and get some male perspective on life.

You've been dating this broad WAY too long.

WaterTiger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you see signs that you "probably" shouldn't marry, then DON'T!

To back up my buddy WestCoaster, his idea of a year (or maybe 18 months) as a "Marry or Dump" cut off date has strong merits. You say you love her & enjoy her company. You're comfortable in the relationship. Complacant and safe.

I have this pair fo Timberland hiking boots that I truely love. I soak them with water-proofer and use gallons of super-glue to keep them from falling apart. The lace gromets are rusted, the soles are worn flat in places and deeply cracked in others. The inner lining is worn to the leather in places. I just can't make myself replace them. It's stupid and sentamental. :rolleyes: But they are SOOOOOO comfortable. Just like you and your girl.

You're comfortable. It's been a couple of years Ricky...you might need to get a new pair of boots!

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys have to admit i'm kind of depressed about it, but much of what you say is true.

OzzyBoy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it looks so stupid getting down on one knee when proposing but i suppose its a very special moment but still i don't think i will be doing that, i will do something special, i don't know what at the moment but i will think about that later when the times comes to ask her.

Gold Heart

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
where everyone seems to need social acceptance in

No matter who you marry, one day your sexual tension will die down and you two will treat each other like old family members.

The main thing about marriage is not for that sexual pleasure anymore, though sometimes it is involved. It's when you are tired of all the dating and messing around. When you marry a girl, that's your companion for the rest of your life. You work as a team. If you still want to f-ck a lot of women, don't marry. In fact, don't even have serious relationships. Because it will die down someday, the wanting for p-ssy. And when that happens, you will have to find someone you can talk to, someone who really has your back, is there for you like a brother.

Just don't make the mistake of marrying because of pleasure. No. Marriage is more of a responsibility than a key to guaranteed ass. Just believe what I say.