Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How did you handle your divorce or break up

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Same here. When you sense a relationship is over, its best to move on. A new canvas is much easier to work with than one that has been in and out of the dumpster.

It can be scary to cut your losses and move on, but you realize soon after pulling the trigger that it is worth it. Life is too short to be with someone just for the sake of being with them, avoiding the failure feeling of divorce or just for the sake of kids, etc.

There are millions of able women out there. Go find a few more that better suit your needs.
I was fairly blue-pill when I was married. However, I was not willing to compromise on a number of things that I felt she was being selfish about. I can at least say I never gave into those. But, had I been red-pill or even red-pill aware during my marriage, I likely would have left at least a year before I did. But I wanted to "give things a chance" and "work on the relationship." Looking back now, it was completely silly because nothing was ever going to change - and was only delaying my own healing.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think marriages linger longer than non-marital relationships because of the legal aspect. I also think people tend to stick out marriages a little longer because of the whole wedding thing. A lot of weddings are a big fuccking deal, costly, and it takes a long time to plan them. Women file for divorce much more frequently than men, so you being a filer of the divorce was statistically less common.
I've been in a marriage before and you have not and I disagree. It's not the legal aspect, it's the children, if there is any. I didn't have any children in my short marriage. We had a gigantic wedding with over 200 guests and over $ 20,000 was spent collectively on the wedding. (My share was a smaller amount as I had less guests as my family/social circle was smaller), and yes, it took allot of planning and preparation. We took lots of pictures and videos and I rented a Limousine to take us from the church and it was a large event. There was also allot of investment on pre-marriage counselling where I drove a considerable distance to pick her up and bring her to a church at least a number of times so a pastor can get us prepared for a life of marriage.

After all of that, the marriage itself lasted about two/three months. There were no children with her or any tie-ins such as actually living together. Women don't have to file for divorce as they can request it and keep harassing you for it. The separation itself just felt like nothing in terms of legal arrangements, we basically stopped talking to each other, a divorce was filed and served by mail for free, and the thing ended on the anniversary of the wedding date. Going to divorce court was festive since the court office was near a movie theater where I would watch a nice movie afterwards or walk around town, or buy some tea from the Teavana store. I knew the circumstances of the separation was too toxic to fix and made the best of a very nasty situation.

However, money, planning, investment, means nothing at all or even the marriage vows. A disaster is just a disaster and there is no other way to put that. You just want to get out alive and move-on.
This one experience may doom me to at least a closet MGTOW for life, whether I'm incel or not, since she didn't present herself in a way that there would be any problems of the level I experienced with her.

Last edited:

B80

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As others mentioned put time and energy into something positive. In my case it was my side line business, daughter, weights, healthy lifetstyle etc. Basically have positive purpose to focus on. I also avoided alcohol for over a year as didn;t want to deal with hangovers with it going on and wanted to know my thoughts/feelings were clear/pure and not influenced by any substances.

B80

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was fairly blue-pill when I was married. However, I was not willing to compromise on a number of things that I felt she was being selfish about. I can at least say I never gave into those. But, had I been red-pill or even red-pill aware during my marriage, I likely would have left at least a year before I did. But I wanted to "give things a chance" and "work on the relationship." Looking back now, it was completely silly because nothing was ever going to change - and was only delaying my own healing.
Same as myself, wouldn;t say I was red pill at all, but certainly stuck to my guns on certain things and was accused of being selfish and controlling. I put it across in reasonable ways and I'm certainly not a domineering/controlling type character. Many felt they were positive things I stuck to my guns on, but they were used as a reason to beat me with as a reason for the divorce.

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Followed the pick up advice to “fvck ten other women” but I still miss her

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
also one problem I see most guys doing is not really going after her with everything law can give you, they feel like that is too much or too mean, or worse they don't put the whole papertrail needed to protect thenselfs, serious even if that mean spend more on a lawyer, in the end at least is less money to her

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score
If women couldn't take half a mans stuff, the rate of divorces initiated by them would take a massive nose dive.

I really don't get how we have these outdated laws still in place when women work just like men.

Back on the topic, in most cases i really wasn't emotionally invested in most cases and the only thing i missed was the consistent s*x.