Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How did I do? (1st date, ya)

TheWanderer

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ya, I'm a newbie here, so I'd appreciate some input.

So, I took this girl out who a friend of mine hooked me up with (first time I ever met her).

So, I picked her up and her mom came out, she talked to me, and even though I thought she was weird, I was nice and she seemed to like me. Then, we got in my car and drove down to a lake. All this time, we had pretty good convo in the car. So we get there, and we find out we cant rent boats or anything, so we were just going to swim. She changed and put her bikini on, and wow, she was great. But we left because the water was too cold.

Anyways, then we went to play mini golf after about an hour of driving around and talking, and well, we both suck. Then, she had to be home by 7 because its a schoolnight (she has school tmm, i dont!), and it was 7, so I asked her if she wanted to get some food, and she said yes. We went to applebees and had a great time.

Anyways, good parts:
-Her mom seems to like me
-Good kino, she brushed some sand off my shoulder, picked mosquitoes off me (lol, i know), lightly touched me a lot of other times, then i held her hand to look at a scar she had (no she doesnt cut), got a big hug at the end
-Told me she turned down a lot of people so she could hang out with me
-opened up to me told me about ex bfs, making clear she was single right now
-didnt have a straight face at all, we laughed most of the time
-told me she wished she didnt have to go and well, took us like 10 mins to say goodby and for her to get in her house
-when i got home, i went online and saw her away message (what a beautiful day)
-when i went for a hug, she was holding some stuff, so she only used one hand, but then she was like, ill put em down and give u a good hug

bad parts:
-i didnt go for a kiss, the time just wasnt there, but I'll do it next date, besides, she had to go home at 7(even tho that turned out to be 8)
-her dad looked out the door when i took her home and i yelled hi to him, but he was a bit far away, and he ignored me
-she told me about a lot of guy friends who she's friends with and then they ask her out and she's like "noooooooooo" and she feels bad, so I'm wondering if this was a hint, hopefully not

anyways, I'll call her in a couple of days and ask her to do something next weekend. If so, it wont be a schoolday again and I bet she'll be able to stay out later, so I'll bring her home, put a movie in, and work from there

so, what do ya'll think? any feedback would be great!

oh, ya, I almost forgot. The only AFC things I did was tell her she looked pretty good.
Also, I opened the restaurant's door for her and on the way out she rushed to the door to open it for me. Then when we got to the car I said "should I open the door for ya?" and she said how she hates it when guys open doors for her.

And last, I paid at the lake (to get in the parking lot) at the minigold, but she insisted in paying at the restaurant. lol, I used this for some kino as I teased her with my wallet and she tried to take it out of my hand but somehow I took my eye off it so she took it and she paid. Idk, I feel the man should pay, but, idk.

Last edited:

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow dude i really didn't see you do anything wrong. That was overall a very successful date.

So what if you didn't kiss her, you got a lot of face time in, and she obviously finds you better than all the other AFCs that hit on her. So thats a plus.

You could have done more kino, but you did do a good amount. You might be overanalyzing her actions a little (Brushing sand off your sholder). But you are starting to understand the signs of attractions.

Overall:

Way to go dude, keep up the good work.

JSH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by TheWanderer
oh, ya, I almost forgot. The only AFC things I did was tell her she looked pretty good.
Also, I opened the restaurant's door for her and on the way out she rushed to the door to open it for me. Then when we got to the car I said "should I open the door for ya?" and she said how she hates it when guys open doors for her.

And last, I paid at the lake (to get in the parking lot) at the minigold, but she insisted in paying at the restaurant. lol, I used this for some kino as I teased her with my wallet and she tried to take it out of my hand but somehow I took my eye off it so she took it and she paid. Idk, I feel the man should pay, but, idk.
So you asked this girl out on hearsay, it was the first time you had ever met her ?

Its not AFC to give her a coompliment, in fact a single compliment is probably better than none (as long as it wasnt too cheesy).

Lol, i like the restaurant thing and i wouldnt have asked her if i should hold the door open as thats not me (and it shows insecurity and trying to please her), even more so if you ask her.

She took YOUR wallet and paid?

Anyway, well done, dont analyse things too much or you will drive yourself crazy.

Good Luck

SemperFi719

Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't let the dad thing get to you either. Put yourself in his shoes, his little princess is going out with some kid that you don't know. Next time you go out with her if the dad is around when you pick her up or drop her off then make an effort to go over to him and shake his hand, say hi. Trust me, if you are cordial and present yourself above the other punks that he sees around town you will be set. You did good on the date though, keep at it and dont revert to the AFC tendencies. Best of luck.

TheWanderer

Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: How did I do? (1st date, ya)

Originally posted by JSH

Lol, i like the restaurant thing and i wouldnt have asked her if i should hold the door open as thats not me (and it shows insecurity and trying to please her), even more so if you ask her.

Good Luck [/B]

Well, I was being sarcastic when I asked her this, if that makes any difference.

Balanced

Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually complementing her once in while isn't terrible, but if you do it comment on something unique like her shoulders or something.

Avoid talking about past relationships because obviously if your dating her the past relationships didn't work out. All of that just leads to bad emotions and turns u into emotional tampon man aka LJBF.

Its okay to be chivalrous. Its classy and as long as your dominant in the relationship it will be viewed as classy.

Please read this: The Kiss of Death

Next time up the kino, Continue the playfulness, if its going really well throw in some role playing where you are alpha, like bonnie and Clyde stuff.

And for the close do some triangle gazing (look at her left eye, right eye, lips a few times) then just tilt your head to the right and go in, it easy.

Have a good one

JSH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: How did I do? (1st date, ya)

Originally posted by TheWanderer
Well, I was being sarcastic when I asked her this, if that makes any difference.
yep it does, sorry i musta misread

buckwheat18

Don Juan
Reaction score
Whats wrong with holding a door open for her?, no harm there. It's better than having the door slam in her face. I could see if she was a beeoch. Sounds as though you got her biteing though. :)

TheWanderer

Don Juan
Reaction score
So, when should I call her now? I saw her online a few hours ago but I had to go to baseball so i just put my away message up and didn't say anything to her. I'm tempted to call her now, but I won't. Should I call her tmm or wed? I wanna try to set up a date for friday or saturday night, so ya.

Balanced

Don Juan
Reaction score
Call her Wednesday and MEET her somewhere. Don't necessarily make it a formal date. Appear to be busy so you don't look so needy. which you are. We all are at some level.

TheWanderer

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, I am busy. She'd have to work around MY schedule since I have baseball everyday but sunday, and sunday I gotta go to bed early to get up at 6am to go work out at my school to get ready for football. And well, sports come before hoes.

But I'll admit, I have needs, but I'll try to cover them up, lol.

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
being a gentleman, like opening doors is not bad at all, just let her know (not by telling her) that thats how you are, that youre not doing it just for her... and if thats not how you are then dont go crazy on the first dates being a gentle man opening every door, bc then you wont do it, bc is not you...

about paying at the restaurant especially bc you had paid for all the other stuff i think that you at least should have splited the check in half. dont let money come into play in any dates, dont try to buy her attention. just try to spend as little as possible, especially on the first date.... maybe by the 21st date, you can spend a little more money on her since youve decided that shes worth it. but never before the 21st date and at this point you wouldnt be trying to buy her attention.

is perfectly fine you didnt kiss her on the first date.... maybe thats where youll pick up on the second date.

i think you did good anyways....good job

speedballs

Don Juan
Reaction score
Great job, it really couldn't have gone better I think. There's always something that comes up but yours weren't anything to worry about.

If she saw you online but not busy she might think your ignoring her, which is ok but not advisable if it happens more than a couple times.

TheWanderer

Don Juan
Reaction score
ching ching! haha, ya, I still havent talked to her but she just txt messaged me saying

"just wanted to see if you wanna do something later"

Guess I did good!

Anyways, I think "later" is gonna have to be this weekend and not today since I have baseball today.......that should raise her interest....am I right?

Porky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You should have gone for the kiss. Always go for the kiss on the first date if you're getting good buying signs like you were. Some girls lose interest if you don't make it clear that you want to get down with a kiss.

Anyway, I wouldn't worry. You did well, and yes, you being busy today should raise her interest. Counter-offer with another date though.