Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How bout a little confidence boost?

JoE BoXeR

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok so I won't get into ALL the details but to make a long story short my Jr. prom is tomorrow and I'm not going with anyone.

A lot of the guys in my school asked girls at the beginning of the year or even months away from the prom which I thought looked totally desperate and a typical AFC move but I screwed myself over in the end so I can't be criticizing. I had a number of girls lined up to ask but the fact is, I was far too ****y for my own good and one day, like getting some cold water dumped on your face, everyone I wanted to go with was taken!

Now my procrastination with school work and my social life is almost legendary but I always manage to pull it off in the end and the odd times in the past when I havn't, it was never THAT big of a deal. Obviously I had not learned from my previous mistakes and they had only made me even more laid back but this was the first instance where I truly realized "your procrastinating and insecure attitude really screwed you over." There were numerous situations where I could have just thrown out the question "hey, you wanna go to the prom with me?" and got "yes" answers and I'm really not sure what made me refrain (yes these situations happened before stumbling upon sosuave.com.)

With the prom tomorrow, I was asked several times by girls in my grade these past two weeks, to be their dates but seeing as I wasn't physically attracted to any of them, I politely declined which made me feel a little better about the possibility of going alone knowing that I had made that choice. There was also a situation where there was a pretty fine girl (a solid 8) who had her guy friend from another school cancel suddenly and I was supposed to ask her but thought to myself "why would I want to be anyone's second choice?"

The worst part is knowing that the most obvious AFC's all have dates with decent girls and myself the self-proclaimed Don Juan is going solo. I was even told today by the arguably hottest chick in my grade that she would have went with me in a second had I been the first to ask her.

Now I knew with about a week remaining that any move to try and ask one of the available girls (mostly 3-6's still were dateless) would look desperate and since I knew that I was either going to walk in with a hot girl or walk in alone, again I passed. Now despite all i messed up on, I'm feeling pretty good about myself lately because tomorrow I'm going to walk in looking sharp and make the girls wish I was their date (or so is my plan). I'm proud that I have the composure to be seen with all my friends who do have dates but my routine still lacks that little extra "umph." Yes I'm talking about a confidence boost. I want to be able to walk in with my head held high, smile at the beautiful girls, overlook the fact that guys probably are laughing at the fact I'm dateless and just in general have a great time while not constantly thinking "I don't have a date". I want to make being solo look like it was my choice from the start and make it look cool/acceptable.

So what I'm really looking for is not criticism about my past moves because that's behind me, rather a little advice as to what kind of mental exercises or whatever I should do before I leave for the prom so I beam confidence and have a "I don't have a date and I DON'T GIVE A F*CK!" attitude :D

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
like the good poster "TylerDuderden"at mASF says all the time "you have to be internally focused" This means **** the other losers who got dates and **** because in all probablity these afc chumps won't even get laid, cuz the girls just took them as a second option because they couldn't have YOU.

sublime

Don Juan
Reaction score
going solo is no big deal at all. people (guys mostly) are the only ones that are going to say anything, and even then, you have the upper hand already in any argument they try and start.

going solo is better than going with a date-that-you-don't-like BY FAR. in my experience, girls usually get ****in pissed if you go to homecoming/prom with them and leave with someone else, but since you're going solo it don't matter. you could leave with anyone and the only reprocussion will be some chump pissed cuz he cant find his date.

good luck bro, but wtf am i sayin, you don't need the luck.