Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

HOT97's "Tsunami Song" Most offensive song ever

Silk_Slim

Don Juan
Reaction score
This song was played on HOT97, which is apparently a big radio station in NYC. They aired the song "Tsunami Song" on their morning show.

Just listen to it and you will see why it is the most offensive song ever.

Broken link removed---Paradox

Before the song played there was a heated discussion between the DJ's:

Before introducing the "Tsunami Song," Miss Jones and co-host Todd Lynn start attacking Miss Info (who is Asian) when she vocalizes her objections to the song. They get all into it, and Miss Jones finally tells Info she's only complaining because "you feel superior, probably because you're Asian." When Miss Info stands her ground, and makes it clear that the song is offensive to Asians, Lynn says, "I'm gonna start shooting Asians."

And there are now two online petitions you can sign:
http://www.petitiononline.com/tsunmai7/petition.html
http://www.petitiononline.com/endhate/petition.html

Here is some proof:
washingtonpost.com
N.Y. Station Stirs Furor With Song Mocking Tsunami Victims

By Mark Egan
Reuters
Tuesday, January 25, 2005; Page C07

NEW YORK, Jan. 24 -- A radio station here apologized Monday for repeatedly airing a joke song that ridiculed victims of the recent tsunami in South Asia and used racial slurs.

WQHT-FM, known as HOT 97, ran the segment on its "Miss Jones in the Morning" show. The piece used racial slurs to describe people swept away in the disaster and made jokes about child slavery and people watching their mothers die.

"You can hear God laughing, 'Swim, you *****es, swim,' " was one line in the song.

The hip-hop and R&B station, known for its "shock jocks," apologized on its Web site, saying it "regrets the airing of material that made light of a serious and tragic event. We apologize to our listeners and anyone who was offended."

WQHT's program director and deejay Tarsha Nicole Jones, who uses the on-air name Miss Jones, apologized on the program and said the segment should not have been broadcast.

The piece drew wide criticism from New York's City Hall to the capitol in Albany, with many lawmakers calling on the Federal Communications Commission to fine HOT 97.

"At a time when virtually the entire world has come together to help in the tsunami tragedy relief, employees of HOT 97 have come up with this song," said New York State Assembly member Jimmy Meng, a Democrat from Queens. "We are disgusted and demand immediate action by the FCC."

An FCC spokesman had no immediate comment.

The piece was also denounced by the Washington-based Council on American-Islamic Relations, which said it had received calls from offended Muslims.

Emmis Communications Corp., which owns the station, issued an apology and said each of the seven staff members on the show has agreed to contribute a week's pay to tsunami relief efforts.

The incident is not the first time HOT 97 has been accused of racism and poor taste. The station made headlines when deejay Star, now at another radio station, called Jennifer Lopez a "rice-and-bean eater" and satirized the plane crash that killed R&B singer Aaliyah in 2001.

© 2005 The Washington Post Company

Last edited by a moderator:

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Unfortunately this is the mentality of a lot of people in this world. They're so desperate for attention and yet so utterly insignificant and talentless, the only way they can get noticed is to offend people.

These people delight in the controversy because it makes them feel significant if only for a moment or two. It's very cheap, but generally a last resort for people who have nothing going for them.

I don't give people like this the satisfaction of a reaction any more.

Reaction score
I heard about this and it made me feel sick to my stomach. If they really attacked the Asian woman on the radio and then played the song, they should all be fired and blacklisted from that line of work.

diplomatic_lie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some people like to use contraversy just to get attention.

Silk_Slim

Don Juan
Reaction score
lyrics :

There was a time, when the sun was shing bright
So I went down to the beach to catch me a tan
Then the next thing i knew
A wave 20 feet high came and wash your country away
And all at once, you can hear the screaming chinks.
And the no one was save from the wave.
There was africans drowning, little chinaman swept away
You can heard god laughing, swim you b*tches swim.

So now you're screwed, it's the the tsunami,
You better run and kiss your ass awake, go find your mommy
I just saw her float by, a tree right through her head.
And now your children will be sold in child slavery.

(imitating micheal jackson)
"Oh on, please not the kids. I'll pay for all the kids.
all the little Indonesian kid, the little Asian kids, the chinese kids.
the black, oh well, not the Black kids.
the White kids, the Puerto Rican kids.
I love them all. I'll pay for everything.
I promise I won't touch them."

Levex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm usually the first to laugh at ****ed up and offensive stuff, but this is messed up. not to mention corny.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
yo i downloaded this and it goes to the tune of "we are the children" and its blows balls. I cracked a smile at the cornyness of a voice but honestly im into murder and death and gore and pimping women and enslaving women mentally but this song is in very bad taste in my humble opinion.

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I laugh a lot at tasteless jokes, but this isn't even funny. It's just wrong, moronic, and stupid. Heck, even the local Mikey Morning Show did a much funnier Tsunami Song when they were talking about Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne covering Tears in Heaven by Eric Clapton.

(after an argument about the song, being that it was written for Clapton's dead son)

Mikey: "They should write their own song about it." (and Mikey out of nowhere starts singing the following lyrics: )

If I saw a tsunami
Would it be any different
If I knew how to swim
If I saw a tsunami...

(he repeats the lyrics, and starts running his finger up and down over his mouth so it sounds like he is singing from underwater, and he just sings the same lyrics mixed with babble with the simulated "bubble effect")

Meanwhile, the whole time the bleeding heart liberal news girl, Skye, is voicing her objections, while the other 4 on the show erupt in gales of laughter as Mikey continues to sing.

At this point, I nearly drive off the road laughing (I am in my car at the time), and immediately afterwards, two callers call in saying how that song made their day.

dietzcoi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It is in very bad taste, on the other hand trying to get them fired, banned, etc is really bad... what about freedom of speech?

People are too oversensitive. It does not matter if they sing this bad song 1000 times. It does not change anything.

The politically correct crowd is worse than these morons on the radio

Dietzcoi

Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by dietzcoi
It is in very bad taste, on the other hand trying to get them fired, banned, etc is really bad... what about freedom of speech?

People are too oversensitive. It does not matter if they sing this bad song 1000 times. It does not change anything.

The politically correct crowd is worse than these morons on the radio

Dietzcoi
Haha...freedom of speech since when is anyone actually "free." And a petition is considered a "freedom of speech." And what about morals. If no one had any morals what would the world be?

7 Virtues

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by dietzcoi
Freedom of speech does not mean freedom from consequence.