Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Home Ownership and Game

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've always considered the canonical single-unit detached-structure home as the gold standard; OK, maybe in a super-urban place like Manhattan, an apartment would be comparable. I achieved this goal before age 25, lost it in a major weather event, and then bought a cheap place as a "home base" while I LocationMax. The suave man has many interests, and these some of interests require the kind of space that only a "castle" can suffice.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I missed this thread in October. I definitely have some comments about the topic.

I'm a 37 year old who has rented apartments since I was in college in multiple cities and at multiple phases of life. I've rented as an undergraduate student, a graduate student, and as a working, white collar professional.

The most important thing is location. You want to be located where there are high concentrations of the type of women you like. More densely populated areas are best. Ideally you should also live within walking distance of places suitable for dates.

Whether you own or rent, house, apartment, or condo, most girls aren’t going to know or care. The nicer the place, the more money you’re spending on it whether you rent or own so owning is mostly irrelevant from a dating perspective. Most girls aren’t going to ask “so, do you rent or own this place?” Certainly not right away.

For single people, I feel renting is best because you never know where you’ll end up. Makes it much easier to move, or to move in with someone you’ve been dating a while with the stakes being much lower. For example, the girl I’ve been with a year now owns her own house and I own my own house too. Us moving in together will have major implications. But if one or both of us were renting, it would be no big deal - just rent a place together when ready and if things ultimately don’t work out with eachother, just go rent another place.

But if you are just trying to find out how wet it will make a girl to know that you have a mortgage on your place instead of rental payments, the answer is: not very, if at all. She will care more about the location, how nice it is, comfort, balcony, view, decor, lighting, cleanliness, that kind of thing.
This post is the closest to my overall feelings. It's so important to live in a singles dense area when you are trying to date new people or are only in semi-permanent relationships (boyfriend-girlfriend phase, not engaged or married). Most of the housing stock in the United States in these types of neighborhoods is either apartments, condominiums, or townhomes. Single family housing is more common outside of singles dense neighborhoods. That means suburbs. While a single woman can live in the suburbs in a single family house and not see her dating fortunes affected too much, a single man can't do the same. Location matters more for the single man than the single woman.

I prefer to date female renters than female homeowners. If a relationship gets to the point of merging households, it is easier to do that with a female renter than a female homeowner. I could move into her home as a renter. However, it's less than ideal for me move into a home that I didn't select and her existing home may not fit my needs. Single female homeowners tend to be more leftist/feminist/careerist/SJW than female renters. Completing a home purchase as an unattached or marginally attached female indicates these sorts of beliefs.

I agree that location and interior furnishings matter a lot more than own vs. rent. I upgraded my interior furnishings many years ago after an incident when I first moved to my current city in 2011. At that point in time, I didn't have a dining room table because previous apartments in previous cities didn't have a dedicated dining room and this current apartment did. I had a table that was more appropriate for a balcony/patio serving as my dining room table. Additionally, my TV set was old and on its last legs. After a home dinner date, third date that just had a makeout and no sex and resulted in the woman ghosting after the date, I surmised that she ghosted due to my home furnishings. I upgraded all home furnishings after that so as to eliminate that as a potential excuse in the future. I haven't had that excuse since the upgrade.

Its a good investment for yourself.

Young, fertile, sexy girls could care less. They want the alpha male bad boy. Once a woman approaches 30 then it will start to matter because they want the stable beta male.

It all depends who your audience is.
It's debatable whether it is a good investment.

Agree that women under 30 will not care at all. I've women 30-35 over to my apartment many times. They haven't really cared either, though women in their 30s can really go either way on that.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not even sure something like this would apply but I thought it be interesting to share with the forum. My question I have is how does owning your own home/condo whilst being single changed things for you when you "game"?

I've been saving up for a down payment for a house and I'm weighing my options if it's a worthy investment.

Appreciate your input :)
It probably helps to attract gold diggers if you somehow manage to let them know that you have assets that would be worth divorce raping you for.

oldmanofthesea

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It probably helps to attract gold diggers if you somehow manage to let them know that you have assets that would be worth divorce raping you for.
Well yes and no. Yes it could, but if you are just looking for plates then you want to minimize the number of women who end up not sleeping with you because they saw your place and were disappointed. Who cares if they are gold-diggers if you just want to have sex with them for a while and drop them. You are getting what YOU want out of it, and you aren't really giving anything to her other than the sex, which is fair and mutual. If she is giving sex with the expectation of receiving financial compensation, then that's totally on her and I have no remorse about that what-so-ever. Basically the female equivalent of a nice-guy (doing something to get something).

While a single woman can live in the suburbs in a single family house and not see her dating fortunes affected too much, a single man can't do the same. Location matters more for the single man than the single woman.
This is a great point I never really considered before. It is true though. My ex lived way out in the burbs and because she is hot, she NEVER had issues finding willing men before me. But the same was not true for me. When I was in the burbs after my divorce some years ago, if I asked a girl to come to where I lived or meet half way (around 1st - 3rd date), most of them would just ghost. I tried meeting girls in the burbs but the hottest ones were like 6's who thought they were 10's. In the city, the hottest women are 9's, and there are way more 7's and 8's there too. And their attitudes tend to be more aligned with their looks. As soon as I moved to the city, my dating life quadrupled. From that alone. I'm still here and still love it. The girl I just broke up with after a year of dating tried hard to capture me and pull me out to the 'burbs but I wasn't confident about our future and did NOT want to be stuck back out there and single again. Glad I didn't make that mistake.

I prefer to date female renters than female homeowners. If a relationship gets to the point of merging households, it is easier to do that with a female renter than a female homeowner. I could move into her home as a renter. However, it's less than ideal for me move into a home that I didn't select and her existing home may not fit my needs. Single female homeowners tend to be more leftist/feminist/careerist/SJW than female renters. Completing a home purchase as an unattached or marginally attached female indicates these sorts of beliefs.
I agree with all of this. While I really respected my ex GF for owning her own home and having the financial responsibility that comes along with it, the negatives you mention were all 100% true in her case, although while she wasn't really a leftist or feminist or careerist, she was quite stubborn and tried to be controlling - which I believe are some overall characteristics that you are conveying with those labels.