HIV & condoms

madgame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
http://www.womenslife.co.za/Default.asp?action=article&ContentID=1278

I always thought, that using a condom made sex a 100% safe unless it slipped or something. Now I read, that it only reduces the risk by 85% and that 1 in 50 condoms tested cant even hold water (let alone the HIV virus). In the U.S. there's almost 1 million persons who have hiv, thus 1 in 300 persons has it = 0,33%. Even if you're using a condom properly, you'll still have a possibility of 15% to get HIV..which means that with every one night stand your chances of getting HIV are like 0,05% or 1:2000.

Now you could say of course ppl who have AIDs dont go running around having one night stands and thus chances are a lot smaller, but then again I bet a lotta ppl dont know they have it yet and the type of girls u have one night stands with are a lot more likely to fcuk a lot of other people all the time and thus you cant really say chances are a lot slimmer, can you....?

Damn that really made me think.

BackToTheMack

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The only fail proof contreceptive is abstinance but it doesnt mean we should all stop having sex.

THE TOLL
-42 million people around the world are infected with HIV/AIDS. More than 20 million have died from the disease.
-Sub-Saharan Africa is the worst affected, with almost 30 million living with AIDS.
-Fewer than 13,000 Australians have HIV/AIDS.
-Every day, 14,000 become infected with HIV/AIDS and 8000 die daily.
-15 million children in the world have lost one or both parents to AIDS. More than 12 million of them live in sub-Saharan Africa.
-Every 14 seconds, a child loses a parent to AIDS.

Im pretty safe 1,100 women in Australia have aids and i bet the majority of them i wouldnt touch because they are to skanky. Plus i always use a condom so my chances of getting AIDs are slim to none.

quest

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you have sex with a carrier, without a condom. You're no certainty to contract the disease. Infact, you've often got to have sex with them multiple times without protection before you'll contract it.

I wouldn't worry about it. If you're using a condom you're very very close to being perfectly safe.

Get yourself circumsized if you want to make yourself even less likely to catch it.

madgame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay, I just read, that all this was bull****, as there were studies of 200+ couples of whom 1 was infected with HIV and none of the other partners was infected over a period of 10 years.

Whats up with this now? On the one hand they say condoms canNOT help at all because the hiv virus is way too small to be prevented from transmission and then again, these studies show that condoms (used right) are actually safe.

Does any1 have the 411 on this?

Johnnie5

Don Juan
Reaction score
dont forget that the virus is passed through an open wound and for this reason it is more likely for the female to get it froma guy than it is for a guy to get it from a girl

S-lemond

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yea u need to watch out for thoes virus' man...it really makes u think!

snintel

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Unless you're having gay sex or something, I wouldn't worry about it that much. You should be more concerned with the other STD's around that are much easier to catch. Either way wrap it at all times.

tyciol

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, about that thing about people who know they have AIDS not having one night stands...

I'm going to take a guess and say that's ****. If you had AIDS, wouldn't you want to infect as many people as possible so they share your despairful plight and make it a huge epidemic so that they'll get more funding to cure it faster?

Yeah, I bet SOME people with AIDS become real murdering-with-sex *******s.

Jay-X

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by tyciol
If you had AIDS, wouldn't you want to infect as many people as possible so they share your despairful plight and make it a huge epidemic so that they'll get more funding to cure it faster?

no

DonJuanMonk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by snintel
Unless you're having gay sex or something, I wouldn't worry about it that much. You should be more concerned with the other STD's around that are much easier to catch. Either way wrap it at all times.
What kind of ignorant post is this, do some research before you pull statements out of your dopey ass.

Anyone can catch STDs, use condoms at all times and if you want to completely make sure the other person is safe or if you are thinking of having sex while she's on the birth control - kindly take a blood std test.