Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

High Profile Set Up (Meant to Post In This Forum)

Genghis Juan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys,

During dinner today, I was chatting with a female cousin. I don't recall how or why, but next thing I know, I am agreeing to be setup with a girl she works with. All the family was there. Already they are asking what would the first date be like, making suggestions about how to do the date. I just kept deflecting them telling them I will do what I do.

Thinking back, I am not sure if I did the right thing (agreeing to the setup) because EVERYONE I know in the family knows about it and knows her. It could complicate things if we actually hooked up and then I wanted to make a break (assuming she is interested in me). Physcally, I saw the girl once before; blonde/blue eyed, ...I think a 7...maybe an 8. She is also 27yo... a little older than I like because of the potential TICK TOCK factor.

I also have this HB9 (another blonde....I LOVE those blondes!), on the back burner that I occassionaly date. She is sort of ambivalent because she also has the TICK TOCK factor (she's 26 but from the south), so she wants to figure out where to live before she "settles down". (Obviously marriage minded too).

My question to you guys is, have you ever experienced a high-profile setup before (especially if you had other girls in the background) and if you had to break it up, how did you handle it?
Just curious. I am sort of regretting to agreeing to it.

Chrispy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
High profile set-ups are the absolute worst. The closer people are to the girl the more troube. The closer they are to you (i.e. how often you see them), the worse it gets! My recommendation is that you know (and are ready) up-front that they're gonna want to know everything that's going on and yeah, if things don't work out, it could get a bit messy. But I say...take that risk! You don't know if it's going to work out or not. Just remember to ignore all that other "noise" in the meantime.

I like how you have the HB9 on the side -it's always good to have more than one option, since you're playing the field :)

Genghis Juan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
(ignore this one)

Genghis Juan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Chrispy,

I am just mainly focused on building my life right now. My expectations are so much higher than most people I know. I really want to move in the right side of the Bell Curve. Until that happends, unless I meet a girl that really rings my bell, I just want to play the field.

I am 5'10'', good body, shaved head with the right facial features to go with it. About a 7ish depending on the girl I guess. But I want more. I've been lifting for 2 months with excellent results.

I just feel like I shouldn't get into an R-ship until I accomplish these goals (about 3yr time frame) first:

1. Move career transition along with MBA to get a more business-side related job.
2. Get buff.
3. Buy a condo in the city.
4. Develop good DJ skills.
5. Make about $100k within 3 years.

Why tie myself down to a girl now...particularly ones that hear that TICK TOCK sound in the head, when I can build myself up, then, when I am in the early 30's go for the girls in the 20's for R-ships. Why not test my limits and push the envelope rather than going for a sure thing now? When I explain this to people I know, they just feel that I haven't met the ONE yet. But they don't get it. I am looking at the big picture. I'd rather be unattached for the next several years if it means me becoming 2x the man I am now.

I certainly don't want a high profile setup and family pressure to steer me away from my goal. Otherwise I follow down the same path of mediocrity that 95% of the population walks down.

We will see what happens. Maybe she will ring my bell. Chances are, that a 27yo girl is not going to be laidback and go with the flow. She will either want an ONS (highly unlikely knowing her past) or an LTR with serious potential for marriage.

Hey TCU - Your Lakers are so lucky!! That lucky Derek Fisher! ;)

Chrispy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I hear ya - I'm definitely in the same position and mindset, though sometimes I get in moments of weakness and will settle for less. My point wasn't that dating/settling would hinder your overall objectives...it's just that it's good to have an open mind-set and a "you should give it a try" attitude. Since even after getting the 6 figure salary, you still have to find your woman, so it's a good idea to get some of those DJ skills sharpened up too! (item #4)

And yes, MBA would be good - you HAVE to go to a good school, though, to stand out against the rest.

Umm...what's wrong with the 27yo wanting an ONS? Wouldn't that be perfect? :)

Genghis Juan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Chrispy,

The MBA is only worth it if you go to a good school. I agree on that one. I am going to a Top 25 school in some surveys.

I am absolutely not against an ONS or a fling right now.

I will be working on those DJ skills simultaneously with my other goals. I didn't list them in a sequential order.

TooColdUlrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the thing i don't dig on with set ups like this is that if it goes awry, the whole family knows about it (at least my gossip monger family). they'll put the info in the family newsletter!

hey Genghis/Chrispy, #4 is far more important than you might think. consider this,

4a. fvck as many hot chicks as you can while you're finishing your MBA. it's the perfect time, take advantage of it.

i've always said it, DJ skills and business skills are one in the same. if you can pick up chicks and PUZZY CLOSE, you should be able do it with clients, equally as well, if not better! this will be MORE valuable than your formal MBA "education", if you're sensible about the analogy. trust me on this one.

me and my buds always talk about how it's the same process. some of my buds, who are more successful than me $$$ wise are totally lame with the chicks--they just can't get the analogy. so, they rely solely on the MBZ 600 and the $1m condo on the west side. not good.

for example.... :) :) :)

i closed a sweet azz consulting gig. $12,000 per month for doing sh!t, 5-8 hrs per week of chit chat, advising a super rich family as a check on all the cr@p IB's are telling them. literally, it's just "hey TooCold, what do you think about this investment...". they are paying over $10m in annual IB fees, so 12k per month is chump change. they also gave me 10 hours of flight time on the GV! that's a fvcking $40m private jet! yeah, babe...YEAH!!!

with potential clients like this, you can imagine how many consultants, accountants, ibankers, investment advisors, attorneys, and every other ho you can think of that is clamoring for some of their crumbs. it's brutal, just like all the attention the HB9 gets, every hour of the day. they get badgered endlessly from "AFC's".

the first step in landing these cats, is knowing just how much they get badgered and putting yourself in their shoes. like the HB9, i kind of feel sorry for the sh!t they have to deal with. so, you have to KILL THE DESPERATION!!! they literally have "people" BEGGING on their knees for a piece of azz (their money). know what i mean?

this client is an HB1000! longer term, i'm devising a strategy to swipe them from the IB altogether (e.g. steal the HB9 from her current BF) and take over the investment portfolio. just gotta plant the right seeds, be patient, and let them grow. gotta feed them the right combo of fear and greed, and some other things.

so, the game of landing an HB9 vs the game of landing biz like this? no comparison bro. chicks are a fvcking joke, from this perspective. they aren't beating down my door, by any means. BUT...it puts the whole thing in perspective, crystal clear. ain't none of them got game.

in reverse, if you are great at landing HB9 chicks, you can be great at landing HB9 clients. always remember that. fvck as many hotties as you can, and it will help you with your goals!

i should post something about our "A, B, C, D Leads", our lead-time, our sales pipeline, sales cycle, inbounds, reputation, and how we prioritize and manage all of this stuff; and how i DUMP PROBLEM CLIENTS! if you're sharp, you have already drawn the analogy :)

Lakers smoked 'em...

Last edited:

Genghis Juan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
TCU,

You're right about the DJ skills. That is probably one of the most, if the most important goal of mine. I am trying to do the BootCamp as a way to metric my progress.

I think the MBA (good career; money and all that it can provide) and getting buff are just inanimate assets an individual can have. They are sort of in the "background" when a girl is considering a guy. The "front-line" thing a babe is going to notice first is the DJ skills, first and foremost. Once she sees those good skills, then those background things will further leverage the DJ skills.

You make a good point about working on those DJ skills first. I think alot of guys make the mistake or fall in the trap of building the massive career, thinking that the women will just magnetically fall in their lap. Meanwhile, the really average Joe's are grabbing HB9's who live in dinky homes and work as telemarketers or something.

Reaction score
Genghis, a man doesn't worry about what others think of his personal affairs regarding women who he deems worthy. If she is unworthy of your company then what does it matter of what others think - keeping a woman should be based on the standards that you hold and the values that you cherish and not the expectations of others!!

taqueso

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by TooColdUlrick
i should post something about our "A, B, C, D Leads", our lead-time, our sales pipeline, sales cycle, inbounds, reputation, and how we prioritize and manage all of this stuff; and how i DUMP PROBLEM CLIENTS!
Please do.

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm with PRL on this one

As usual, I'm agreeing with PRL on this one.

Who cares what ANYONE thinks, including family and their stupid newsletters, gossip, or whatever.

At our family reunions I always felt I was getting looked down the nose by some rich cousins of mine. And I've learned throughout the years that if you feel it, it's probably true.

Upon closer inspection, these rich cousins were all getting divorced, and a few had affairs. Nice, huh?

I quit worrying about them ... heck, I quit going to family reunions. I don't care if they don't like that I'm not going. I'm too busy with my own professional and personal life to worry about others opinions of me.

An essential of DJism lost in the techniques, tips, and over-advice on these message boards: Don't worry about others, live your own life ... and that includes family.

TooColdUlrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by taqueso
Please do.
forthcoming next week...will put it under a new thread...

gentleman193

Don Juan
Reaction score
Nice but . . .

It's nice to have some free cash, TC, but it's classier if you don't pant over it like a pit bull at a pork roast. It might be smarter to step back and ask why you're getting overpaid before you write an instruction manual for the rest of us. Too-clever MBA's are a dime a dozen inflation-adjusted -- and frequent tools of the investor class. Do you really want to spend your days DJ'ing after some rich old fart's dollars anyway? When his wrinkled old ass starts looking like an "HB1000" it may be time for a new game plan . . . ;-)

Chrispy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Nice but . . .

Originally posted by gentleman193
It's nice to have some free cash, TC, but it's classier if you don't pant over it like a pit bull at a pork roast. It might be smarter to step back and ask why you're getting overpaid before you write an instruction manual for the rest of us. Too-clever MBA's are a dime a dozen inflation-adjusted -- and frequent tools of the investor class. Do you really want to spend your days DJ'ing after some rich old fart's dollars anyway? When his wrinkled old ass starts looking like an "HB1000" it may be time for a new game plan . . . ;-)
I agree...good story with all that $$, intrigue, and confident mind games, but you pinned it down very well: getting azz (skirts!) is the same as getting a$$ (money). You next the lousy clients & you don't hunger for the good ones (ppl smell desperation).

So what's the verdict? Are you gonna give the "family-connected" girl a bit of a go?

TooColdUlrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Nice but . . .

Originally posted by gentleman193
depends entirely on what you want in life. all i said was baggin big time clients is the same as baggin babes. do one well and you can do the other well (maybe). it's all a game.

clever gets you nowhere, because there are 120,000 new ones coming to market this year.

i get paid what i'm worth. what i save these rich cats is 10x my salary--or more. some of them come to me and that's my point. i put myself in that position with 15 years of hard work.

i don't plan on changing the game plan :)

i don't BS them either, like the clever MBA does. these guys have heard this cr@p over and over, just like the HB9 from AFC's, every single day.

Genghis Juan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Chrispy

Chrispy,

I left the "ball in my cousin's court" concerning the setup. I will await for her to initiate the contact. From there I will give it a go. If my cousin never gets back to me, then I will assume that the girl is not interested in being setup.

Nevertheless, a new prospect has come into view via an MBA class of mine. I am not sure if I should consider her a 7 or 8. Yet, another blonde, but the sort of granola bar/intellectual/Volvo type. She seems a little uptight (WASP), but that can be a good thing; she's not a yapping attention *****. Perhaps less likely to be stringing along people. Anyways, I will have plenty of interactio with her since we are working in the same group. ;)

I MIGHT be getting together with the HB9 this or next week to "touch base" as she so romantically put it (such a turn on...not). Her style of conversation on dates tend to be a job interview style. Its like I am rehersing for something. She probably has a file on me at her home where she keeps notes and summarizes the pros and cons. Maybe she'll ask for references this time.

Just an observation...one girl in my class is so ******dly bitter. I almost pickup on her vibe immediately the second I walked in the class and saw her. Of course, she wasn't wearing a ring. During class she doesn't pay much attention; looks kind of *****y. Talks nicely to the married guys of course. I would guess she is at least in her late 20's. That's a shame (Seinfeld reference).

How about you Chrispy? What do you have in the pipeline these days?

Chrispy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't have many prospects at this time. It's very sad, but I'm still getting out there, going out, and enjoying single life. Some of the posts from the more mature experienced guys on this board have put things in perspective....
...anyway when a batch of potential HB's come along, I'll be ready!

So you're doing your MBA right now? That's a start for getting contacts and meeting people!