Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

High demand and disorganized processes job

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So I would like to share some points on my new job and would like some feedbacks for people who went through that.

Im working as a graphic designer and a motion graphics in this job. Its a nice company and they work for big companies.

But there is something that is causing me a worn out. The demands that come to me most of times is like they want a lot of things due date today, and some projects they didnt even specify it correctly, so when I finish it I have to rework on that again, cause then they send me what they want to change. No problem if I had time to do it and could schedule correctly.

Sometimes I lose my focus and became a bit stressed cause Im focused working on some design or video, and my manager call me talking about a urgent demand that came and I need to stop everything to do it. Ok I do it, but Im feeling completely lost and this is fcking killing my creativity and also productivity.

I tried to explain that to this manager, he said its temporary... But it seems like a lack of a organized process.

I dont know if that thing worth the money. Maybe Im just not used, but Im becoming exausted, and at the end of the day I still have my freelancers jobs.

Should I try to adapt to that? Does it worth the stress and overwhelm? Or should I focused on my business and keep growing my freelances clients?

Sometimes I start to think that I made a mistake accepting that job... Like for desperation for money. And Im afraid of it negatively impact my own business as a freelancer.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bro, I've worked at one of the top 5 Ad agencies in the world for over 5 years and this kind of stuff was typical. It's not for everyone as different people handle pressure differently. There is a reason why people burn out fast in that industry and the reason why you only see people in their 20's mainly in the industry.

If you find it disorganized, the best thing you can do is to set and manage expectations by you being the organized one. Try to nail down specs next time more clearly, be proactive on things rather than reactive, meaning think of questions you can ask in advance for unclear items and also manage their expectations when it comes to timing always indicating the caveat that that timeframe will only hold true if no changes come through.

If you can endure it for a bit, try to build up your portfolio while you're there so you can use that as reference in the future to land better jobs and/or clients. You can also try to pitch business ideas as a freelancer to work directly with the companies you are designing for. I know some companies would rather work directly with designers but they just don't have the structure to do so. That's where you come in and can provide a business pitch where it's a win/win. They go direct to you for graphic design and cut out the middle man, you get paid more but they pay less than they would have to the graphic design firm.

Since you're in Graphic Design, there is no need to limit yourself geographically. Get your business name out there on all freelance sites and pick the gigs that you wanna do. The fact that you know English is a definite plus too.

Here's a site with a sample list of freelance sites if you don't already know about it.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You might just do better on your own. Use your employer as a chance to learn what you didn't know and bail as soon as you're not learning anything new.

There is one chick on YouTube I follow who does a lot of freelance video work. She refuses to work with others and says that customers tell her she gets projects done quicker on her own than whole teams do because she's not held up by bullsh!t like what you mentioned. She credits this to her ability to focus completely when she's working.

Learn what you can and become independent

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bro, I've worked at one of the top 5 Ad agencies in the world for over 5 years and this kind of stuff was typical. It's not for everyone as different people handle pressure differently. There is a reason why people burn out fast in that industry and the reason why you only see people in their 20's mainly in the industry.

If you find it disorganized, the best thing you can do is to set and manage expectations by you being the organized one. Try to nail down specs next time more clearly, be proactive on things rather than reactive, meaning think of questions you can ask in advance for unclear items and also manage their expectations when it comes to timing always indicating the caveat that that timeframe will only hold true if no changes come through.

If you can endure it for a bit, try to build up your portfolio while you're there so you can use that as reference in the future to land better jobs and/or clients. You can also try to pitch business ideas as a freelancer to work directly with the companies you are designing for. I know some companies would rather work directly with designers but they just don't have the structure to do so. That's where you come in and can provide a business pitch where it's a win/win. They go direct to you for graphic design and cut out the middle man, you get paid more but they pay less than they would have to the graphic design firm.

Since you're in Graphic Design, there is no need to limit yourself geographically. Get your business name out there on all freelance sites and pick the gigs that you wanna do. The fact that you know English is a definite plus too.

Here's a site with a sample list of freelance sites if you don't already know about it.

Thanks bro, those are very good tips! =)

I'm doing my best to keep myself organized there, and even being a bit stressful I know it will be good for me in the long run. I'm improving my skills a lot, and thats also a opportunity to increase my fast designs skills, since I'm forced to design quickly I'm learning some techniques that make me work faster.

I just got a big side project this month too, to work with a startup. I'm gonna create a animated video for them and I'm directly in contact with one of the owners. He also said that he have interest to get a contract with me to become their motion graphics designer. Maybe, if its a good offer and if I earn more money, I can leave this job I'm now.

The most important thing I've learned so far is that, creating a good networking is the most important thing ever. I'm getting those jobs by people that indicates me, friends and other clients.

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You might just do better on your own. Use your employer as a chance to learn what you didn't know and bail as soon as you're not learning anything new.

There is one chick on YouTube I follow who does a lot of freelance video work. She refuses to work with others and says that customers tell her she gets projects done quicker on her own than whole teams do because she's not held up by bullsh!t like what you mentioned. She credits this to her ability to focus completely when she's working.

Learn what you can and become independent
Thanks for your feedback bro!

That's very interesting, can you send me her channel? I would like to watch her videos.

And yes, working alone in most cases is the best. When you depend on others, it might be someone that you can really trust and that he/she really wants to work hard to grow up.

I see here in Brazil that some people are lazy and others want to took advantage on others. That sucks.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Her name is Kylie Flavell. Most of her videos are a bit of a wank.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The most important thing I've learned so far is that, creating a good networking is the most important thing ever. I'm getting those jobs by people that indicates me, friends and other clients.
I definitely agree with this. :up:

SS actually helps you with this believe it or not. It helps you stay alpha, calm, gentleman, prevents you from losing frame, it helps you have a good attitude and be able to handle certain situations, and have confidence.

Being good with jobs/people is very similar as being good with girls.

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I definitely agree with this. :up:

SS actually helps you with this believe it or not. It helps you stay alpha, calm, gentleman, prevents you from losing frame, it helps you have a good attitude and be able to handle certain situations, and have confidence.

Being good with jobs/people is very similar as being good with girls.
Thats true man!

And I have to say that this forum was one of the best places I could found in life. I'm not active as I would like to be... But Ive met such great people here (including you) and it completely changed my life in many aspects.

Also I felt some hope when I was moving out and going no contact with my parents. There is a sense of abandonment I feel sometimes and knowing that I've found support here helped to cope with this feeling.

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So I would like to share some points on my new job and would like some feedbacks for people who went through that.

Im working as a graphic designer and a motion graphics in this job. Its a nice company and they work for big companies.

But there is something that is causing me a worn out. The demands that come to me most of times is like they want a lot of things due date today, and some projects they didnt even specify it correctly, so when I finish it I have to rework on that again, cause then they send me what they want to change. No problem if I had time to do it and could schedule correctly.

Sometimes I lose my focus and became a bit stressed cause Im focused working on some design or video, and my manager call me talking about a urgent demand that came and I need to stop everything to do it. Ok I do it, but Im feeling completely lost and this is fcking killing my creativity and also productivity.

I tried to explain that to this manager, he said its temporary... But it seems like a lack of a organized process.

I dont know if that thing worth the money. Maybe Im just not used, but Im becoming exausted, and at the end of the day I still have my freelancers jobs.

Should I try to adapt to that? Does it worth the stress and overwhelm? Or should I focused on my business and keep growing my freelances clients?

Sometimes I start to think that I made a mistake accepting that job... Like for desperation for money. And Im afraid of it negatively impact my own business as a freelancer.
It is very industry-subjective. From the sounds of it, it may be more common than you think. Whenever anyone is looking to get into a field or career path, we usually request that that person seeks 3 to 4 people with vast experience in that role and to ask what their life looks like, what are the challenges, what are the benefits, what they wish they could have done differently. There is not a better expectation you can give yourself than that of experience.

Again, it sounds like it's common and you just didn't know it. So you have two options:

1) Suck it up, adjust, and build boundaries to handle the pressure and stress, and hope things get better
2) Start looking again for another agency that has a better structure and support system

At the end of the day, a job can wait, your health (both mental and physical) cannot.

Modern Man Advice