"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

"Hi it's me.." on the phone

Viking25

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jan 8, 2004
Messages
313
Reaction score
1
Location
Miami
How do you handle this? I mean a female calls you and you got no Caller ID and got no idea who she is! They seem to assume that I would know,but sometimes I can't figure out untill the end of conversation and of couse I don't want to offend them by asking : who the hell are U?
Any tips on this? Even with caller ID it's hard to remember all numbers.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Trance

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 23, 2004
Messages
590
Reaction score
0
Age
45
Location
Portugal
Technology of the mobile phone didnt arrive there yet? Everyone uses mobile's nowdays, at least at my country.. I dont my house phone for years..
 

( . )( . )

Banned
Joined
Dec 31, 2002
Messages
4,873
Reaction score
177
Location
Cobra Kai dojo
Originally posted by Viking25
and of couse I don't want to offend them by asking : who the hell are U?
and here lies the problem.

if you think that by her assuming you know alot of other women and find it difficult telling one apart from the other is doing you harm in her eyes you are VERY VERY much mistaken mate.

her : Hi, its me
you : and who might "me" be ?

too easy.

trust me when i tell you tv lied, the more chicks she thinks you know the better.
 

ArmondTamzarian

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2004
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Age
50
Location
Key West
Hell, I never let anyone get away with that. Well, maybe my family. Even at work, our phones used to display names but I would ignore that. Anytime someone assumes they are important enough to be recognized, alway ask who it is. Even after dating one woman exclusively for more than a year. She calls up, and I aks,' who's this'. Remember you took the time to pick up the phone, they can take the time to tell you who it is.
 

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
6,620
Reaction score
186
Age
47
Location
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
If you don't know, ask who it is.

She could sound just like your sister, mom, cousin, math teacher, stockbroker, and the 30 other girls you're currently dating.

If she gets offended, that's her tough luck.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

RogueWarrior

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 16, 2004
Messages
115
Reaction score
0
Personally, I think it's nice to recognize a woman's voice and of course to be recognized.

However, a girl who I had a falling out with called me out of the blue six months later. We were on a "Hi, it's me" basis prior to this. She said "Hi." I said "Who's this?" She said "You don't remember?!?!" Now that sounds like a neg-hit to me.

But let's explore this a bit further. If you are on a "Hi, it's me." basis with a woman, does that lead to "Familiarity breeds contempt." especially if you're trying to DJ this girl?
 

Aztec

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 20, 2001
Messages
1,383
Reaction score
1
Location
New Jersey
Yeah that happened to me last year. The girl really liked me unfortunately for her I didn't (still don't) feel the same way. I was only hitting it for the sex. That's it.

I knew it was her but I pretended that I don't so she wouldn't expect any "further" intimacy.

Anyway, I had to sacrifice the pssy to get rid of her. One of the best things I did as a DJ. :D
 

Crank_It_Up

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 21, 2004
Messages
546
Reaction score
1
Originally posted by Viking25
How do you handle this? I mean a female calls you and you got no Caller ID and got no idea who she is! They seem to assume that I would know,but sometimes I can't figure out untill the end of conversation and of couse I don't want to offend them by asking : who the hell are U?
Any tips on this? Even with caller ID it's hard to remember all numbers.
I got a call like that the same week I got married. She wanted me to guess who it was, but little did she know the possibilities were too many. So I refused to guess but kept asking her who it was. After a few minutes she hung up... to this day I still don't know who it was. grrrr.....
 

Aztec

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 20, 2001
Messages
1,383
Reaction score
1
Location
New Jersey
Re: Re: "Hi it's me.." on the phone

Originally posted by Crank_It_Up
I got a call like that the same week I got married. She wanted me to guess who it was, but little did she know the possibilities were too many. So I refused to guess but kept asking her who it was. After a few minutes she hung up... to this day I still don't know who it was. grrrr.....

Your wife never admitted to it, huh? j/k

:D
 

Crank_It_Up

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 21, 2004
Messages
546
Reaction score
1
lol, we both wanted to know who the heck it was... oh well, one of life's little mysteries.
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 11, 2002
Messages
3,015
Reaction score
5
I get this same problem a LOT. I just say, I am not sure, tell me.

Most of the time the chick will just keep saying, guess, guess, guess.........but I just keep saying I really dont know, tell me.....? And eventually she does tell me, its really not that big a problem then.
 
Joined
Apr 23, 2004
Messages
46
Reaction score
0
I would personally be very hurt if my male or female lover did not recognize my voice. I would probobly cry.
 
Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
Don't listen to Spike_The_Cowgirl - he/she is a fag!!!!

Viking, just be honest and say "I didn't recognize your voice over the phone."
 

Ace123

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 27, 2004
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
Rochester NY
Anyone remember the seinfeld about this? The girl jerry's dating gives him the "it's me" and so he calls her back and gives HER the "it's me".

The old switcheroo.
Great episode.
 

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 27, 2002
Messages
2,574
Reaction score
66
Age
52
Location
Los Angeles
Originally posted by Viking25
They seem to assume that I would know,but sometimes I can't figure out untill the end of conversation and of couse I don't want to offend them by asking : who the hell are U?
First of all, who cares if she's offended? This is the problem with most guys, they want to play everything safe and go out of their way to earn women's approval.

Broads do that as a way of marking their territory, specially when they leave you a voice message, just like leaving crap at your place, or trying to leave tacky hickies on your neck. The best reply is to tell her exactly what several posted above, ask her "Who's me?"

If she acts offended don't let it throw you off and make you sound apologetic. If she leaves a message you can even repond with "I can think of about 3 different people who sounded like the voice left on my cell.

And yes, as staed before, them knowing that there are other prospects in line that also call you, will only make you more desirable; but only if you don't appologize for it.
 

“The 22 Rules That Turned Me From Invisible to Irresistible With Women… Starting Tonight”

You can skip the expensive cars, the fancy clothes, and the endless gym selfies. Completely unnecessary.

I used to freeze the second a beautiful woman looked my way. Frustrated. Awkward. Watching other guys walk away with the girl while I stood there tongue-tied.

Then I discovered 22 simple rules that rewired my entire dating life. The anxiety vanished. Conversations flowed effortlessly. Women started chasing me for a change.

These rules trigger a woman's subconscious attraction switches. And you can start using them tonight.

Read more...

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 21, 2003
Messages
3,229
Reaction score
27
^^^^ hahaha, nice!



There is nothing wrong with calling out.. you can actually have a lot of fun, if you know she has a sense of humor.


"Hi, its me"

"Damn, you again, are you calling for my sex again?"



"Who is this, lemme guess.... Monica, Jessica, Liz, Katy, Tasha, Nicole... keep making up names..."


"Hi, it's me"
"Hi, it's me too!" ;)
 

tactic

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 23, 2003
Messages
1,322
Reaction score
1
Age
39
*Sigh*
 
Top