Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Hey pook I am confused !!

HB_Hunter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i think you remember me quite well , from my posts in ur Major tips like kill that desperation and be a man . I think i am not having one of the best times in my life right now .

After Reading The Secret of the jerk after actually re-reading it , i've come to conclusion that the best way to take is to be a man and remain natural by continually focusing on yourself , but the thing is i m now convinced that coming to this site means that im chosing the mind road not the natural one , that im philosophying and Not BEING ! Taking into consideration that i rarely look into tips now .....i just take a look at the discusion board .

I'd like you to elaborate what u said about taking this site as a compass but you must Walk , this thing about being lost in your trip whether it is a cliff or a horizental way .

I now want to go for the source as u've said in your post !! SExuality i don't want to learn things that come to me and to others naturally cz it's in the nature of being A Man (eye-contact , kino , **** and funny, confidence , charisma etc......) . i've come to very strange conclusions like that the djbootcamp is philosphy and that i shouldn't think this way since it 'll be coming naturally . afterall it isn't a rocket science it is Women..Women Follow Nature.

I now go to the gym 4 times a week , a medic student , play soccer , willing to learn italian and how to dance salsa , merengue , willing to take courses in psychology and diving . so i must say that i have a great control over my life but with girls im not having the best times really , i find myself thinking twice , not knowing what to do , what to say etc..... and this site helps in reminding myself by who i used to be and Who I Am .

Is Coming to this site and revising or re-assuring yourself that ur still The Catch is a bad thing ??? As the answers is OUTHERE ??

or did i confuse Speed Seduction With tips and articles ?? i think that intermediate Dj has asked u this on your post about the scret of the jerk but i coudln't really understand what u said .

I think The Old Djs has an advice that it's better to know the rules (do u think this philosophy) and take what goes with your character .

If your saying that u need to learn the steps before you dance (the basics) but the focus should be on the dance as everybody has his own different style then what are these steps ?? or do u think this philosophy?? do u think that after i've been here like 3 years or so not as a lurker but both lurker and out there i don't know the basics???!!

im kinda confused so sorry if my thoughts aren't really in order .
i just want to hear your thoughts Pook .

Bungo Pony

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
thank you guys for ignoring me ....
Your welcome. I was trying to understand what the fvck you just wrote, but I relate this problem of mine to NOT READING "Secret of the Jerk".

icepick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
HB_Hunter, philosophy, and sosuave.com PART I

Originally posted by HB_Hunter
I was going to answer you when I read this, but I noticed that you addressed your query to Pook not icepick (or anybody else for that matter)! ;)

Now, I really want to help you out man, but before I do, I have to translate what you wrote. (I realize that there are many here who are from a different country than US or UK, so I know that the english is not perfect in some people's posts. And that makes it very hard to understand sometimes...)

Anyway...

HB_Hunter (Translated:) )

I think that you remember me quite well from my posts in your "Kill That Desperation" and "Be a Man" tips. I think that I am having one of the worst times in my life right now.

After reading and re-reading "The Secret of the Jerk", I have come to the conclusion that I should be a man and remain natural by continually focusing on myself. However, I am now convinced that coming to this site means that I am choosing the "mind" road and not the "natural" one; that I am "philosophising" and not "BEING"! (Taking into consideration that I rarely look into tips now, I just look at the discusion board.)

I would like you to elaborate on this: (taken from http://www.sosuave.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?s=&postid=152933 under "Sexuality is the Ultimate Communication")
Originally posted by Pook
But it is like a dance. You can know the steps but that still doesn't show you to dance. Dancing cannot be taught like basket weaving. Neither can love.

"So this means all articles and tips are useless!"

No! The steps are very very important to know. But the dance is the thing. It seperates the WANNABE DON JUANS from the REAL DON JUANS.

This website and message forum is like a compass. Yet, you STILL MUST WALK.

"But is it a horizon or a cliff? I must consult the compass more."

No! You must walk! The compass will ensure that you do not go over the cliff.
I now want to go for the source as you said in your post: sexuality! I do not want to learn things that come to me and others naturally, because it is already in the nature of being a man (eye-contact, kino, cokky and funny, confidence, charisma, etc....) I have come to very strange conclusions. For example, I now believe that the "DJ Boot Camp" is philosophy, and that I should not think this way since it will be coming natural. After all, it isn't rocket science! It is women, and women follow nature.

Now I: go to the gym 4 times a week, go to med school, play soccer, learn italian, dance salsa, dance merengue, take courses in psychology and diving. I must say that I have a great control over my life, however, with girls...I am not having the best times. I find myself thinking twice, not knowing what to do, what to say...and this site helps to remind me who I used to be and who I am.

Is coming to this site and revisitng or re-assuring yourself that you are still the catch a bad thing? Since the answers are (as you put it) OUT THERE!?

Or did I simply confuse "Speed Seduction" with the tips and articles? I think that IDJ has asked you this on your post about the secret of the jerk, but I could not really understand what you said.

I think that the old DJs had advice that it is better to know the rules (do you think this is philosophy?) and take what goes with your character.

If your saying that you need to learn the steps before you dance (the basics) but the focus should be on the dance, as everybody has his own different style, then what are these steps? Or do you think this is philosophy? Do you think that after I have been here for like 3 years or so I don't know the basics!?

I just want to hear your thoughts Pooky baby honey sexy. Okay, okay. That wasn't in there... :D
Alright, that was tiresome! We have to take a short commercial break, but when we come back, we will continue with...

HB_Hunter, philosophy, and sosuave.com PART II! :D

icepick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
HB_Hunter, philosophy, and sosuave.com PART II

I have noticed that there are many people that take issue with things that Pook has written in his posts. They analyze every single word, every line that he has written, and expound the meaning of it beyond belief. Every passing comment he makes is taken as holy gospel. (Often out of context!)

Let me ask one question: do YOU translate your thoughts 100% into words to write down and post on this site? It is hard enough getting complicated ideas out EVEN IF you are standing RIGHT NEXT to the person! Let alone on a message board.

No Philosophy

In regards to the whole "philosophy" vs. "natural" thing, HB_Hunter, I think you are misunderstanding it. Pook was trying to point out a major flaw with the "philosophys" of getting chicks. Namely, that "imitation is suicide". That is, if you come on this site (or any site for that matter) and read "Confidence gets you chicks! Act confident.", and you proceed to follow the advice and to act confident...then THAT is a "philosophy". If you read "Act mean, because women like jerkish guys!" and proceed to act mean, then THAT is a philosophy.

Like he said, philosophy does not get girls...only the sexual ones get the girls. What is the key (for a man) of sexuality? Testosterone. But wait! We HAVE that already!

That is the point!

You have to let go of all of those "second guesses", "shoula/coulda/wouldas", "maybe if I do this", etc. Act natural!

But how do I act natural you ask?

When you remove all of those negative/second guessing thoughts...you WILL act natural. You will act on pure instinct. It is an addition by subtraction of sorts.

So many read The Secret of the Jerk and conclude that Pook is saying to "increase your testosterone" to get the girls. They conclude that Pook is saying "Women like men. Do this to be a man!"

Pook is not.

He is telling us what he did, that is REMOVING all of his philosophys from his mind. Then, second guessing no longer stifled his NATURAL "man" self. In his post, he is just laying out the "saftey net".

Don't worry about what will happen when you ditch all your philosophy and second guessing, people have been fvcking forever. You will manage just fine without "overthinking" things. Your natural self is good enough. (Not JBY here, since MOST people destroy their natural selves with thier own thoughts...) Testosterone naturally enables a man to be sexual, and sexuality IS the value to women.

When Pook refers to "being a man", he does not refer to what we SHOULD do to be "men". He refers to what we do AS men when we don't shoot ourselves in the foot with philosophy.

The ways to raise testosterone are almost an afterthought. If you flood the body with more testosterone than you are used too, the mind will not beable to handle it. Your "natural" self will overcome your "mind" driven self. You will be too pumped from the testosterone to second guess yourself.

You can make your "negative thoughts/mind" weaker (which is very possible by a variety of means, this website being one) or you can make your "natural self/testosterone" stronger (by working out/eating meat, etc.)

You can do one or the other or BOTH if you wish. The "natural man" must come out, however, if you are to become a sexual being.

Focus on Yourself

This is another VERY misunderstood phrase of ol' Pook's. "Focus on Yourself!"

Many think that he is saying "pay no attention to women, try to succeed in life, do many things, etc. etc....THIS will get you chicks!"

Well, those things are fine and good. It may HELP you to attract girls, but not for the reason that you may think. (The only reason that it may help you is that you are too busy on your other "projects" to sabotage and second guess your interactions with women, thereby making your actions fluid and natural...) But that is not the point.

The point is focus your THOUGHTS on yourself.

But ice, I thought that you JUST TOLD ME to NOT second guess myself!

Yes! I did. Do not second guess/overanalyze what you DO. What you SHOULD be thinking about, is your ATTITUDE or MINDSET. Your feelings should be your focus. (Not in the mushy way of submitting to your feelings, but understanding them and changing them to suit your purpose.)

Let me give an example. Let us take a typical AFC. NO! Wait! To prove the point, we will take a much lower subject...the abject NERDBOY!

The nerdboy is depressed, and overanalytical. He is very sad and he thinks and thinks and rethinks about what he DID or SHOULD have done.

Look nerdboy! Here comes a hot chick!

Nerdboy: *with a glum, depressed look* Hhhi! Um, (thinking "what should I say...OMG! Um, I am so stupid...oh, she looks angry, I bet she hates me) Im...nerdboy what's yours?

Chick runs for the hills.

Now why did she run away!? Any ideas nerdboy?

Nerdboy: It's all about looks! She ran cuz I am ugly!

Yeah, you would think so nerdboy. You don't respect a good personality on a chick because YOU do not have a good personality!

Nerdboy: Oh yeah! Well I volunteer, help my mom, feed the homeless, etc. etc.

Actions can only display personality imperfectly. The chick could see through all those fancy displays of vanity, and she could tell that you are a pathetic person. No, not by some crazy instinct, you gave it away in your speech and body language.

Try again! Why did she run?

Nerdboy: Well, I did say silly things.

Why did you do that?

Nerdboy: I overanalyzed it all. I thought too much. Next time I will just let it flow.

Right! No philosophy!

Here comes another hot girl! Work your magic!

Nerdboy: *STILL with a glum and depressed look* Hey there. How are ya doing?

Girl: Oh, umm. I am fine, how are you.

Nerdboy: *looking angry* Oh, well...my day has sucked. But I guess that I am fine. Blah, blah, blah. And you know what I hate...

Girl: *interupting* Yeah. Well, it was nice talking to ya. But I gotta go!

Nerdboy: Oh, okay, well, I'd like to meet up later. What is your number?

Girl: Umm, I...donthaveaphonebye!

Girl runs away.

NOW what happened!

Nerdboy: Well, she just didn't like my personality.

Yeah, you are very glum and depressing.

Nerdboy: Well, that is just me!

NO! Focus on yourself, change your thoughts and change your life. Get yourself into a good mood.

Nerdboy: How! I am depressed!

That is what you must figure out on your own. Read this website, practice scripts, do DJ bootcamp, shove 500 hardboiled eggs up your ass (Okay ice, calm down...just because it worked for you :D ), ANYTHING that works! How do you know what thoughts "work" and what don't. FOCUS ON YOURSELF.

Nerdboy goes to sosuave and learns to get a handle on his emotions...

Nerdboy: I am in a GREAT mood ice! Look, a girl...and she is just standing there! Whoa ho ho, we'll change that!

We see them from a distance, laughing and having a great time. Way to go nerdboy! With enough success in the real world, all he will have to do to put himself in a good mood later on will be to think about his successful past, he will outgrow sosuave.com. Success begets success!

See, we had the most pathetic piece of human meat, and by getting him to focus his thoughts on his attitude and mindset, rather than second guessing his actions...he was able to feel happy and social.

As for sexuality, that should come natural. If it does not, then you are still second guessing yourself at some level.

Heart Of Stone

Don Juan
Reaction score

What a DORK! What did you expect from your subject heading? :confused:

HB_Hunter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have noticed that there are many people that take issue with things that Pook has written in his posts. They analyze every single word, every line that he has written, and expound the meaning of it beyond belief. Every passing comment he makes is taken as holy gospel. (Often out of context!)

Let me ask one question: do YOU translate your thoughts 100% into words to write down and post on this site? It is hard enough getting complicated ideas out EVEN IF you are standing RIGHT NEXT to the person! Let alone on a message board.

Well , Sorry for my english....been long since i wrote an essay or a paragraph lol .

thanx for clarifying some few things for me icepick but i don't analyze every single word that pook's write , i take no friggin comment as a holy gospel . these are just my thoughts and how i see things from a ver different prespective !

Maybe I Just Read and Re-read his posts because i like the way he writes as everybody here Does .

U've boosted my moods after u have clarfied some things regarding the testosterone and be natural (a man) , though what i wanted to ask about is how do u take this site??

Before, I used to read and re-read other posts , tips to motivate me and make me feel that im at my best at the game . NOW , I just Focus on myself (on my thoughts , my attitude) and also try to be around women all the time to have fun with them and rely on nature experience not some fake scripts . But , i find myself at times not knowing what subjects to talk about ? like i sometimes move away from them (just like my so called my afc-days) to escape the pain of not knowing what to say after being here alot of times , and after many many successes that im proud of i know that these info are in my sub-consciouness so when i find myself worrying or u know not knowing what to say or how to act and reveal The Funny , Charming me that i know i feel that there is something wrong As a Result I used to log on the site and either re-read or take a look at the discussion bord . this really motivates me and make me prepared very well . But Now After realizing the whole thing and that's all the tips , tricks etc... are embbeded in the nature of a man ( then coming to this site means that i don't rely on nature and that im either scared of my testosterone or don't believe what pook has stated ( i don't raise him to a god status as Some of u guys do , i just like the way he see life and the way he think ) so i get confused and start reading tips again but without the belief that it'll motivate me since i know that this wrong as the answers are OUTHERE !

So I Wanted to know how this site helps ?? not talking about some newbie here but from a guy who is here from very long time
As i've Said I Don't Want Women To be A Rocket Science and when i log on now to re-read the tips i experience this feeling .

What a DORK! What did you expect from your subject heading?

What da **** is your problem ??? i didn't say please pookie , only and only you post , i wanted to hear your thoughts guys then who da **** are you to tell me a Dork then ???!!

krd

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by HB_Hunter
So I Wanted to know how this site helps ?? not talking about some newbie here but from a guy who is here from very long time
As i've Said I Don't Want Women To be A Rocket Science and when i log on now to re-read the tips i experience this feeling .
HB_Hunter, I understand where you are coming from. I, myself, have been coming to this site off and on for a very long time; longer than most of the DJ's on this board, yet I am still unable to make the advice work for me. I know about the philosophies and the correct mindset, as well as some specific techniques. But I just can't apply them in the real world. I'm too afraid of screwing up or making a fool of myself.

Most DJ's would say "Well that's the problem! Stop worrying about what other people think, be confident, and just go for it!" Sounds simple, but trying to just "be confident" and shed all of these negative thoughts and beliefs that have been plaguing me for so long is one of the most difficult things I've had to do in my life. No amount of motivational speeches, advice, or articles, I believe, will directly help any of the DJ's on this board. I think Pook's posts often make a whole lot of sense. However, dropping all of the insecurities and developing the correct mindset is something that only we can figure out on our own. Only after we have this all worked out, can we start to apply all of the tips and techniques that we learn here, because we will have the correct mindset to attempt them.

But given that we are already reasonably confident and simply lack a solid foundation of knowledge in dealing with the opposite sex, I think the information contained in this site can be a very valuable tool and is worth paying attention to.

HB_Hunter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
maaaaaaaaaaaaaann........

It's not getting really well . these days im tryin to concentrate for studyin as im a medic student since exams r starting the next month . But every now and then , i got confused , i don't have many options (gals ) as i used to , i find myself at times escaping from conversations or worrying about what to do even with my close friends , i don't approach that much like i used to , one day i approached 20 chikittas ( not one on one only but also groups) .

In a nutshell , im trying to be natural and remove all philosophy from my mind so as not to be confused and i really like this cz when im in a great mood . i m very playful and sweep girls off their feet . But now i sometimes feel that im being serious and can't have fun with them , when i log on the site , i got confused because now it's kinda not good to read the tips as it'll confuse me or since my subconscious interpret that im wasting my time since there are all these guys that r actin naturally and getting girls right and left . in the same time im not around gals all the time so this kinda contradicts with Being Natural and controling my sexuality .

For example , as for talking with girls , i've read alot of info before and it's embbeded in my sub-conscious but sometimes i find myself 2nd guessing or u know this happens whem im not so confident , i used to get over this by reading and re-reading tips here oh now to converse . But now i don't want women to be rocket science , i wanna be the natural Dj that i know that i am .
I Don't Want Any Philosophy !!

So guys back to my old question , this is for the old , very old dj's like pook , red , adonis etc.... or any of u who has got some experience (icepick , bugo etc....) is reading or revising the tips here make it a philosophy ? how to start small ? what exactley are the basics ?? or there are no basics as it's not a philosophy or rocket science ..These Are Women !!

my regards,

trajhenkhet

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
"Don't look for secret moves. Don't look for secret movements. If you're always hunting for secret techniques you're going to miss it. It's you. It's your body that's the key" -- Bruce Lee

jive

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
great post icepick :D You should make that a seperate thread.

Hb_hunter, ur still analysing too much. Always remember this:
YOU control your thoughts, you decide what to think about!

And basically, like EVERYONE is saying, there are no shortcuts or ways to make doing these tips easier. The way to start small is to JUST DO IT.

Also, you don't have to have those negative thoughts. You can think about whatever you want, so why do u focus on the negative stuff? YOU control your thoughts, you decide what to think about.