"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

Her dad is crazy

Don Corleone

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 15, 2004
Messages
91
Reaction score
0
Location
Sin Town
alright guys, I need some advice. I've known this hot ass hispanic chick for most of my life, and have been very good friends with her family. Recently I have been hanging out with her and we definitely like eachother. She is 18, and I am 19.

Her dad won't let her go out at night. He wont let he go out on the weekends. He is the strictest person I have ever met. (he cried when he found out she wasn't a virgin). This girl is basically a prisoner in her own house. I honestly think that if I fycked her over, he would kill me.

I dont want to just blow this girl off, I mean she is worth going through some crap for, but I just don't know if I can handle her dad. I'm not sure what to do. I know I should just go on to the next girl, but I like this girl and she is great, her dad is just crazy. In fact, I am the only guy he has ever let her hang out with.(she normally sees her boyfriends at school).

What should I do?
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

LuvMyArmyMan

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 22, 2004
Messages
504
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
Chico, CA during school, and Irivine off-school
Well, if you knew anything about the hispanic culture, you'd understand completely. Fathers and brothers are very over-protective over their daughters/sisters. It is especially important for a girl to remain pure until marriage. So i can understand why he cried when he found out she wasnt a virgin. If i were you, i'd talk to her father and try to work something out. Maybe you can go over to dinner with them and let him get to know you. You need to earn his trust and it isnt going to happen overnight. You can only answer the question "is she worth it" We dont know her, only you do. Its gonna be tough to earn his trust. But eventually he might curb.
 

Mr. Debonaire

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 12, 2004
Messages
544
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
in front of my computer
cheers

^ thats what i was going to say :D

go golfing with him or something. let him get to know you as a kind of younger buddy. then when he see's you with his daughter, he'll see his daughter with a friend he trusts
 

TonyTheTigerOI

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 11, 2003
Messages
656
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
Buffalo, NY
Thank god its not the other way around... don corleone... if she was a lil italiana and her daddy saw her with a hispanic dude - SHOT.

Man, just hang out with her at her house while her dad is home so u can establish a little trust. Engage him in a little conversation.

"if you knew anythig about hispanic culture"

Oh shut up. MOST non american cultures are like this.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Blue Phoenix

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 23, 2004
Messages
1,335
Reaction score
27
I know a girl that has a father like this!

Actually her brother had sex with a girl he liked and his father put him out of his house!!!

He's the puritanist type, emotional and likes to shout at people when he's angry! This man doesn't want his girl to date, the same way as his son! He's pretty jealous and likes to "boss people around"!

In your case, you either date her "behind the scenes" or you move on.

Anyway, she's the one that have to stand up to her father not you! If she can't, it's better for you to move on, because it'll not be worth!
 

idiot_boyfriend

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 27, 2004
Messages
412
Reaction score
0
Location
Los Angeles, CA
Wait.....

You said, "she sees her boyfriends at school".....


PLEASE CLARIFY!!
 
Top