Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

help with an american chick...

smooth_as_silk

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok I met this chick on the net and we ve been exchanging messages for 2 weeks... she was basically replying very fast, very long messages... So I proposed her to go and grab some food, she said sure, gave me her number etc... On the date, always smiling, messing with her hair like crazy in every direction (up, down :D )
One thing: I arrived like 15 minutes late for the date and she was waiting for me (the weather was very cold) then I basically made her walk for at least 15 to 20 minutes... She said sure no problem, always keeping her smile all the way

3 days later (saturday around 6 pm) I e-mail her very briefly to check if everything was fine and proposed to watch a movie on tuesday since I was busy all the way until the week after...
Until this day, no reply (it has been 11-12 days now)

What should be the next move ?

P.S:
she is a persian-american (therefore very very proud and I am sure she won't initiate much...)

she has a game playing history since many guys testify on her profile that they came down to the point of stalking her

insomniac

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The post-first date disappearing act...happens all the time.

It's easy for a woman to ignore e-mails, it's much harder for her to answer the phone and reject you to your face.

Call her up again....if she knows your number or has caller ID and she's not interested, she won't answer. Leave a message telling her to call you back and move on.

If she answers, don't bring up previous e-mail or ask where she's been. See if she wants to get together. If she gives you a "maybe" or "Let me check my schedule" or "I'm really busy with work"...or any excuse without giving you a time she's free...move on.

It's not a good idea to ask someone out by leaving a message on voicemail or e-mail. If they never respond before the day you suggest, you just look stupid when you do talk to them again.

smooth_as_silk

Don Juan
Reaction score
Decipher this...

Update...

I contacted her 18 days after my first message (through e-mail because I lost her phone number)

Here is her e-mail reply 2 days after...

[l]Hi smooth,
i don't know how to say this without being mean or impolite so I will apologize in advance. I didn't reply ur previous message because i thought it would be better saying nothing than saying 'no' and having to explain why. Anyways, given that there was more silence than conversation the first time we've met, I don't find there is much chance --either for a relationship or friendship-- between us.[/l]

P.S.: I have never gotten such a straightforward message from a girl and it seems very strange to me (correlating silences to a relationship or friendship?!?)... Anyways, I will not contact her anymore. Just wanted to have people's points of view on this (especially women, Wildfyre you are welcome to give me more insight on this...)

Last edited:

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Re: Decipher this...

Originally posted by smooth_as_silk
Update...

I contacted her 18 days after my first message (through e-mail because I lost her phone number)

Here is her e-mail reply 2 days after...

[l]Hi smooth,
i don't know how to say this without being mean or impolite so I will apologize in advance. I didn't reply ur previous message because i thought it would be better saying nothing than saying 'no' and having to explain why. Anyways, given that there was more silence than conversation the first time we've met, I don't find there is much chance --either for a relationship or friendship-- between us.[/l]

P.S.: I have never gotten such a straightforward message from a girl and it seems very strange to me (correlating silences to a relationship or friendship?!?)... Anyways, I will not contact her anymore. Just wanted to have people's points of view on this (especially women, Wildfyre you are welcome to give me more insight on this...)
Just seeing this now.

She feels that you and she aren't compatible and that your first meeting was awkward and uncomfortable for her. Just don't contact her again and forget about it. Sometimes people just don't have anything in common and there isn't chemistry...either physical or mental/emotional. It happens, is normal and there is no reason to lose sleep over it when it happens. Just as there are some people you don't like or want to spend time with there are going to be people who have that same kind of response to you. It's unrealistic to think otherwise. This is just one of those cases and it's not something that should bother you at all. Just move on with your life and meet other people.