Help me get out of this

Water_Man

Don Juan
Reaction score
I need some help quickly. I have a new job that I DON'T under anyway shape or form want to take!!!!!!!!!!! I need somebodys help on how I can get out of going to it or geting fired or some way. I already have a job that I like. I applied for this job thinking it paid more boy was I wrong. My family is pushing me against my will to take this job and I have more problems because my Mother knows a guy who works there so quitting and saying I got fired is not going to work. Please I BEG of you to help me figure out a way out of this mess!!!!!!!!

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're 23. Be a man and say "Sorry, but I've found a job that pays better doing something else. Sorry to have taken up your time, have a nice life." There's no need for you to act like a child and do something to get fired that you'll regret when applying for your next job. I don't know your life situation, but who cares if "mother knows someone who works there". It's about time you get your profession off the ground and start making money - thats what life is all about, after all. Either find something you love and do it, or find something that pays well and do that instead... or find one that fits both categories (which is more unlikely). Since this one doesn't do either, I'd recommend you grow balls and quit... unless this is a stepping-stone job to a higher and more powerful one, such as being a US Senator's aide... though from what you've said it doesn't sound so lofty...

Actually, after having typed "mother knows.." why am I reminded of the movie "Red Dragon"?

Water_Man

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have no problem telling the guy I rather be dead than work for you. However it is my family I have to trick into thinking I was fired or something. I never start working there yet. If I was allowed to be a man and make my own decisions I would not be here figuring out a way to make my pushy family think I lost the job or something similar.

AdrenalynJunkee

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Water_Man
If I was allowed to be a man and make my own decisions I would not be here figuring out a way to make my pushy family think I lost the job or something similar.

Hold on. Allowed? To be a MAN? Wow. No offense man, but if you need permission to be a man, then you need this site really badly. Just stand up to your family. Tell them you are not happy there and that no matter what they say, you refuse to work there.

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Give us a rundown on your situation. How much education do you have? What other jobs have you worked at? Where are you living now? Can you describe the job it is that you don't want to do? Can you tell us about the one that you do? How much does each pay? Where are you from? All of these (and more) are things we need to know to give you better informed answers...

On a side note, I know it's a cliche but that doesn't make it any less true - it's your life to live, not theirs.