Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Help! have some questions about weightraining and eating.

S

slopppy

Well this is my first post here and I have been reading the forums for a while but I still have some questions.

First off a little about me: I'm 5'7-5'8 and weigh around 175. I know that sounds like a lot but I really don't look that fat on the outside. I am not chubby at all really and almost all of my weight has gone to my stomach - which is considerably big but not very noticble at all under the clothes-but it wouldnt look good at all without my shirt.

My main goal is to lose enough weight that I dont have have a stomach at all but at the same time put on a lot of muscle.

First off I have never really weight lifted at all in my life except for about nine months ago (this is gonna sound sad) when I had access to a barbell and some plates and started doing bicep curls, some bench presses and and this other excercise (don't know what its called - its like a tricepts pushdown but instead i pull the bar up, basically doing the reverse of a triceps pushdown)

Back then I didn't know much about weight lifting, was only lightly concerned with putting on a little muscle so I did this for about a month and a half before getting bored with it. (I was such a newb that the 2 weeks I did bicep curls every day for like 30-40 minutes).

I was never strong (I know you may laugh but I still cant even do a pushup, yes one pushup, or even a pullup for that matter) and after working with these weights i saw there was improvement (my arms did look a little bit better) but I am still so weak (still no pushup).

Well just recently I got serious again with all this and I plan to stick with it. As I stated my goal is to lose enough fat to get rid of this belly as fast as possible and also get strong and toned. I don't have access to a gym and all I have is a barbell (not even a bench, but I still do benche press like excercises on the ground). I know you guys might be thinking there is no way with only a barbell and weight plates but I want to know how to best utilize this to workout my body the best possible. I have no money or anything so everything else is out of the question(unless you want to suggest something inexpensive). What can I do with a barbell and plates to work out each part of my body (I need specific excercises I can do to workout as many muscles I can with only these tools).

For the fat loss and cardio, I have read some posts about HIIT and have started doing that very recently. I'v heard the best routine is to:

Warmup for 5 minutes
Sprint like crazy for 30 seconds
Walk or jog for 2 Minutes
Sprint like crazy for 30 seconds
Walk or jog for 2 Minutes
repeat for 15 minutes for a 20 minute total cardio session(warmup only in the beginning).

I'm thinking about doing this 4 to 5 times a week right after I get up. (Is there a more optimal way to lose more fat without sacrificing muscle - specific minutes to do this and how many days a week?)

WIth the weights, what is the best thing to do to work out my body? How many days should I workout? Which specific excercises can I do with what I have to gain the most strength and shape? Basically I want to know what is the most optimal and efficient thing to do (I know everyone's might be different but I want some suggestions).

Sorry for the long post and and thanks for the help in advance. This is an awesome board and I'v already gotten a lot of help from the other posts I have read.

slopppy

Viroid

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Something to consider:

HIIT is going to hurt. Youre a beginner and it might burn you out. Unless youre already in great shape, the pain youll expeirence will not exactly motivate you to do it 4 days a week.

I would start out by walking a few miles a day. Then a slow jog until you get in shape for HIIT.

------------------
"Fear is for...getting your confidence." -STEVEN HELLER, PhD

"Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious!" - FRIEDRICH NIETZSCHE