Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Has anyone ever done that crazy "6 Dollar investment?"

DrMetallica

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cute pyramid scheme.

Arn't pyramid schemes illegal in the US? Can't the authorities use the address of those people to um, I dunno, arrest them?

italostud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If it's what I think it is, it's just a scam. Nothing more nothing less. I wrote an interesting story about it on a different message board...lemme see if I can find it...

Ahh here it is. I wrote this about 3 or 4 months ago on a different message board when someone posted a thread asking about these...

---------------------------------------------------
Funny story about this particular scam. About 10 years ago, when I was like 13, I saw this on the internet.

It basically was a newsletter circulating around on internet message forums. It was the exact same scam that you're talking about.

Anyways, in the newsletter, there were five names and addresses. Basically, it said to send those 5 people $1 each, then put your name on the bottom of the list(bumping the first name off). After this, it told you to go around to other internet forums and post the revised newsletter, with your name on it.

Well, lol, I put my name on it, without sending the 5 names a dollar each(I'm going to hell, I know). And started posting it on a ****load of message boards.

Well, nothing happened for about 2 weeks. Then I got a lletter in the mail from mexico or some ****. I opened it up, and there was a $1 american bill, wrapped in a piece of paper that had these words printed on it: "Add me to your list".

I couldn't believe it, someone actually sent me money! Haha. Anyways, over the next few weeks, I would get between 1 and 5 letters a day from all over the place.

I figure in about 3 months I probably made about $300 US for doing pretty much nothing.

So after about 6 months I circulated the list with my name on it, the letters started slowing down. I would get like one letter a week or so.

Now here's the scary part, I did this about TEN years ago, and to this day, I will STILL get the occasional letter with a $1 bill and the message: "add me to your list".

TEN ****ING YEARS LATER. That means that somewhere, on this huge thing we call the internet, my (dishonest) scam letter is circulating somewhere, and people are STILL being suckered into sending me their hard-earned dollars!

WillieSacks

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
THATS FUNNY, so that scam actually worked. You made over $300 for doing nothing? Maybe if I have a few hours to post on a $hitload of messageboards, I may do this.

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
*G*

italostud: You are under arrest, you have the right to remain silent, you have the right to an attorney, if you cannot afford one, one will be appointed for you... Do you understand your rights?

Laterz...

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
afoaf did a chain letter ten years ago when he was young and stupid. He bought the best list he could find and hand-addressed and stamped every envelope and even talked to the weirdos who looked up his number from the address on the envelope and called his phone - mostly sad old people. Over the next three months, he almost exactly broke even for the cost of the postage and the list.

It's a waste of time and illegal as well.