Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Hardcover books

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So I've been reading Fire and Blood for a little bit now, and I'm enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would. Just as much as Song of Ice and Fire for me, but as I said before I know this sort of history text type thing isn't for everybody.

But it reminds me of another advantage that hardcover books have - I'm really enjoying the illustrations that come with it. They really help hold the story together. A lot of the time each hardcover edition will have its own illustrations, or not have any. But they leave the illustrations out a lot of the time when the book gets published in paperback.

For hardcover books published from the 20th century onwards, the presence of a dust jacket and its condition also greatly affect value.
My original question was which was more important: The condition of the cover or the condition of the dust jacket? In other words, if you had to choose to put the wear on one or the other, which would be better?

U

user43770

So I've been reading Fire and Blood for a little bit now, and I'm enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would. Just as much as Song of Ice and Fire for me, but as I said before I know this sort of history text type thing isn't for everybody.

But it reminds me of another advantage that hardcover books have - I'm really enjoying the illustrations that come with it. They really help hold the story together. A lot of the time each hardcover edition will have its own illustrations, or not have any. But they leave the illustrations out a lot of the time when the book gets published in paperback.

My original question was which was more important: The condition of the cover or the condition of the dust jacket? In other words, if you had to choose to put the wear on one or the other, which would be better?
The first bullet point mentioned the condition of the book, the fourth mentions the dust cover. I took that to mean the dust cover is less important.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The spine is what's important to me, nothing I hate more than pages falling out even after I've read it (because maybe I want to lend it to someone else and who wants to read a book that's missing pages?).