Hair removal

Ridingthelightning

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What is the best way? Should I buy strips that rip the hair out?
I want it off my chest, stomach, lower back, butt, upper legs, and feet. I hate body hair, that damn genetic makeup crap. How do I get rid of it for the most amount of time?

Soshyopathe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can try everything, but when it all comes down to it, you're just going to have to shave. Nothing else works very well.

Ridingthelightning

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Shaving makes hair grow back in stiffer, and I'm a little frightened of the fact that I might cut myself.
Maybe Nair is good, even though I hear it burns, I might try it.

Kid Amnesiac

Reaction score

Right now I trim the hair on my legs and shave that on the top of my arms, chest and back. It gives a pretty good look. I purchased a new product called hair no more, which you apply daily and it is supposed to make hair grow in less and less coarse i beleive. I'm going to use it for a couple months and see what the results are like. Back waxing is a good idea if you don't have someone who can shave it for you, (i.e a girlfriend or a friend who doesn't care about doing such a thing)

Soshyopathe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Look, shaving does not make your hair grow thinker or more coarse in any way. It just happens to your face because of puberty.

With nair, you have to leave it on for much longer than the bottle says, and no matter what, it will not get every damn hair, so you have to go back over it with a razor anyways. If your hair is thick, the rag you use to wipe gets filled up quick, and it's hard to clean off used nair and hair.

If you're ballsy enough to get waxed, you gotta have someone else do it, because you can't get good leverage on certain places, and if you can pull it off yourself, you are a hardercore man than I. Plus, it's like $40 for a can that couldn't even take care of my whole body.

So go over it with clippers, then get in the shower and shave it. In any case, you'll get tired of it REEEEAL soon.

laura

Don Juan
Reaction score
shaving doesn't make it grow back thicker, but where it cuts, it leaves a blunt, flat edge on the hair, making it coarser, so it appears to be thicker. also it's tedious and has to be done everyday, or at least every couple of days if you don't wanna be prickly!

waxing, on the other hand, can take a couple of months to grow back, and when it does, it grows back thinner than before...and actually is NOT as painful as people make out...ok, it does hurt, but no pain no gain, right? if you're gonna do that yourself, make sure you do it quickly, don't EVER wimp out halfway thru 'cos I can tell ya, THAT's when it hurts! :p it's really no worse than a good hard slap is, so slap yourself hard on the butt to see if you can handle the pain first. heh. heheh.

back to the point.
those creams that supposedly disolve hair are pretty crap in general, and stink. Don't bother with them.

OR if you're really serious you could pay a sh*tload of money and have electrolosis which takes ages, is painless, and is permanent. And then you'll be bald as a baby's bottom forever!
yay!

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Laura do you prefer guys with hairy chests or smooth chests?

I can't believe how few guys at the beach have chest hair now. They all must be shaving it. I have on occasion shaved for the beach and I'm positive i'm not the only one.

My current gf likes a hairy chest so it's ok. It becomes quite a pain to have to shave often.