Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Hair Questions

Abstenance

Reaction score
Hey

Was just wondering, is there any way to make hair less dry/brittle...

I have quite wazy hair, its not really greasy, i wash it almost everyday, probably 5 times a week. I use Head and Shoulders and a seperate condintioner.

It may sound like a strange question, but i would like a more shiny, softer head of hair :p

All advice appreciated

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Abstenance
Hey

Was just wondering, is there any way to make hair less dry/brittle...

I have quite wazy hair, its not really greasy, i wash it almost everyday, probably 5 times a week. I use Head and Shoulders and a seperate condintioner.

It may sound like a strange question, but i would like a more shiny, softer head of hair :p

All advice appreciated
Next time your getting a hair cut, ask your stylist how you can do that and what products they recommend.

AKA FLEX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Head & Shoulders is the reason your hair is dry and brittle. Being a dandruff shampoo, it contains some pretty abrasive chemicals that are exacerbating the coarseness of your hair. Even on the back of the bottle, it recommends using it just once or twice a week. Ask your stylist to recommend a good pH balanced shampoo, and if you still look like a snowman, do the H&S thing a couple times a week until it goes away.

Abstenance

Reaction score
Hey, no one said anything about a snowman :D

Seriously though, tried the "expensive" crap stylist flog you, and not much change.... Was recommened to bath it in oil twice a week; not wash it for a a few weeks; hot oils, wax's, lotions etc. But didnt wanna just go out and try them just yet.

The head and shoulders dose say for daily use, but i'll change it anyhows, its not really for dandruff (although i do get a little) its more the case, i've just always used it.

Thanks for the advice so far :)

Nocturnal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the best solution for cutting down on dandruff for me was getting shorter hair. my hair is a lot thicker than most people of my ethnicity (white), even though you couldnt tell just by looking. This also makes it hard to make it stay a certain way if it has been "trained" to go in another direction. thats why i use gel.

just something to keep in mind, but i guarantee you short hair will help the dandruff problem. and sometimes a change is nice :).

Abstenance

Reaction score
Thats actually what i've just done, gone short all over.

As i said, not a real dandruff problem. More a problem with dry brittle hair. Mines very thick as well, being white also. It is very dry, rough and brittle to go with it though :(

Nocturnal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
another thing i've heard of is to shampoo a second time after you rinse it out the first time. dunno where i heard that from or if it's true but there's another idea..

how about conditioner? i dont think anyone's mentioned that. maybe that will help.

one more thing, do you have really hard or soft water?

Elimidate

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Try putting hand creme in your hair overnight.

Trust me, it works like a charm.

Elimidate