Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Gym Pickups---A good small move to start

lando92

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd likely have said something to her if I wasn't mid set, drenched in sweat with headphones in. I'm sure there will be another opportunity round the corner

Agree though next time I see her I'll be disappointed in myself if I don't atleast smile / say hello

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd likely have said something to her if I wasn't mid set, drenched in sweat with headphones in. I'm sure there will be another opportunity round the corner

Agree though next time I see her I'll be disappointed in myself if I don't atleast smile / say hello
Yeah, no need for a "cheesy" pick up line. Smile and say hello. If you don't get a convo in right there, no big deal. There will be a next time. How often do you see her?

lando92

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, no need for a "cheesy" pick up line. Smile and say hello. If you don't get a convo in right there, no big deal. There will be a next time. How often do you see her?
For sure, after a couple of smiles and hellos in passing then hopefully a conversation will naturally start at some point.

On average I see her in there 2 times a week I'd say

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For sure, after a couple of smiles and hellos in passing then hopefully a conversation will naturally start at some point.

On average I see her in there 2 times a week I'd say
Perfect!

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think a good thing to do is just try and establish eye contact (if you happen to walk by her or be in her area) and then shoot her a little smile.
If she smiles back, this is an invite to approach. I do this myself when trying to gym approach.

Remember, you will see this person multiple times so there is no need to jump the gun and get the number. You want to slowly built a rapport with her and make her comfortable.
Yes and no. I would assume no. It depends upon the time and what times both you and her go. It depends upon whether you or her are thinking about switching gyms. Gym membership lists have a lot of turnover in a given 1-2 year period. You can never guarantee that you'll see her again.

Take these 2 situations....

1. You assume you'll see her multiple times. You don't jump the gun and get her number. You never see her again. You don't want this.

2. You assume this will be the only time you see her and you suggest a date and get her number. She rejects you or you have 1-2 dates that don't result in sex. You end seeing this person multiple times in the gym for the next 6-12 months or beyond. This sucks and is likely the worse outcome than situation 1 above. I had this happen to me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm more in favor of gym pickups than against them because one must proceed with caution. If you're going to run game at the gym, you have to be ok with either the possibility of changing gyms if an interaction goes sour or some uncomfortable social situations if you stay and an interaction goes sour.

I think you have to consider how much you like your gym. If you like your gym a lot, don't want to switch gyms, and don't want uncomfortable interactions, then try not to run game there unless you get super strong IOIs like @cola says.

If you attend some big box chain gym like an LA Fitness or 24 Hour Fitness, you can probably run game there all you want and then start going to a different location if some interaction goes bad.

Another option is to have 2 gym memberships. One primary gym where you don't mess around and then a 2nd rotation membership where you go to hit on women. Boutique studios that are often class based are good for this and even ClassPass can be used to rotate secondary facilities for pickup. I've done this at times.

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If she smiles back, this is an invite to approach. I do this myself when trying to gym approach.

You sure? I can see if the woman initiated the smile. However if you initiate the smile and she smiles back, that could just be politeness.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You sure? I can see if the woman initiated the smile. However if you initiate the smile and she smiles back, that could just be politeness.
Most of the time, the woman won't initiate the smile. You're lucky if you get a returned smile. Yes, it could be politeness. It would be more likely to be politeness in a non-bar setting than in a bar. If you get a smile in a bar, it is game on. If you get a smile in a non-bar setting like a gym or grocery store, you are more likely than not getting interest. However, there will be situations where the women miscommunicated and was just being polite. Certain U.S. regions have more politeness than others and certain countries are more polite than others.

@oc16 -- I think you are in New Jersey, which is not known for politeness. A smaller town environment in South Carolina or Georgia would have more smiles for politeness.

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most of the time, the woman won't initiate the smile. You're lucky if you get a returned smile. Yes, it could be politeness. It would be more likely to be politeness in a non-bar setting than in a bar. If you get a smile in a bar, it is game on. If you get a smile in a non-bar setting like a gym or grocery store, you are more likely than not getting interest. However, there will be situations where the women miscommunicated and was just being polite. Certain U.S. regions have more politeness than others and certain countries are more polite than others.

@oc16 -- I think you are in New Jersey, which is not known for politeness. A smaller town environment in South Carolina or Georgia would have more smiles for politeness.
Yes, I am in NJ and we are not known for our politeness.

What about this scenario (this happened when I was in Lancaster, PA) the other day.

I was in parking garage paying for my ticket, I hear somebody come through the door. It's an attractive younger women dressed up (obviously on her way to work) As I look up to see who it is, she looks at me and gives me a smile. I smiled back and said good morning.

Was this politeness or attraction? Hard to say. I could of been a 75 year old man and she still could of initiated a smile.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

What about this scenario (this happened when I was in Lancaster, PA) the other day.

I was in parking garage paying for my ticket, I hear somebody come through the door. It's an attractive younger women dressed up (obviously on her way to work) As I look up to see who it is, she looks at me and gives me a smile. I smiled back and said good morning.

Was this politeness or attraction?
It was attraction. Lancaster, PA is far enough away from New Jersey that you are in long distance relationship territory. If you miss that, not a big deal.

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Was this politeness or attraction? Hard to say. I could of been a 75 year old man and she still could of initiated a smile.
Imagine youre a woman. You see an attractive man and want him to talk to you. What signal would you send to let him know so unmistakeably? my answer is - something you wouldnt do just to be polite. The more sustained eye contact and smiling she gave you, the more likely it was an IOI. But a slight smile in this context is vague because you two are alone, and thus automatically in a more personal setting. If you were passing each other with plenty of other people around, and she chooses you in particular to make eye contact with and give even a slight smile, then it would be a clear IOI to me.

As always you will only know after youve tried, if you think it might be an IOI then it's better to go for it than not. When youre smiling at each other just say "hi", wait for her to say hi back, then say "i like you". Thatll get to the point right away of her accepting or rejecting you, and you move on from there.

Last edited:

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It was attraction. Lancaster, PA is far enough away from New Jersey that you are in long distance relationship territory. If you miss that, not a big deal.
Chick had business like dress on. glasses and high heels (A Solid 7) Love the clickity clank of a woman walking in high heels.

lando92

Don Juan
Reaction score
It was prolonged eye contact and a warm smile for sure. I appreciate all the advice, but no updates as of yet, not seen her in there at all this week. Perhaps next week.

In2theGame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
IMO, I would approach in the gym like any other approach but the major drawbacks of picking up/fvcking a girl that goes to the same gym as you is...

1. If you start fvcking her, then she will want/expect you to go to the gym with her from time to time.
  2. She'll "watch" you and see if you're talking/flirting with other attractive girls at the gym.
  3. If things for whatever reason go south, now it's awkward because you'll see each other at the gym.
I've personally seen these types of things go south at the gym and I can tell there's an awkwardness between the guy and the girl. A guy I see at the gym told me about a hot latina girl that gave him her number and she flaked on him, so he told me how awkward it was to see her working out next to him lol.

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Any guy who says a woman smiling at him is a sure fire pick up does not do gym pick up, the attention seeking that goes on the gym is wild in most places and if your approaching every woman who smiles at you, your quickly going to be looking like a thirsty guy.

Im gonna say this and it's going to offend some posters here but that's OK because it's the truth... If you looking thirsty at the gym or just in general engaging in gym pick up, you probably don't have much to lose socially and before you just go engaging in gym pick up, you might want to develop something you could actually lose at the gym first, pair yourself with some social significance as opposed to just reacting to whoever smiles at you.

Im gonna say something else and this is gonna offend all of you, but again, I think it's the truth, if you are approaching a woman the first time you've ever saw her, you are making yourself far too accessible... Accessibility has become even more unattractive in the last 5 years of game than ever before in my opinion.... A high value man can walk away without exercising restraint because your always in season.

Engaging in pick up is not the reason I'm at the gym and that's why I successfully pick up women at the gym.

lando92

Don Juan
Reaction score
Nah I get what you're saying for sure, it's absolutely not the reason I'm there either, I just dropped below 80kg today for the first time in over 5 years, down from 88kg on the 16th of June, and my one rep maxes are up 25-45% across the board and it feels great

There's definitely a bit to think about with this one, I'll see how it plays out but as I've previously said I'm not going to force anything. There are game women everywhere at the end of the day

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gym is one if the few places I’m opposed to pick up attempts. I don’t even appreciate it when I’m the recipient. We’re all here to sweat. Grunt and work out.