GROUPIES: This one goes out to Rollo T. and any other band members out there...

edger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A state in America that'll unmercifully leave you
This question mainly goes out to Rollo T. Anyway, Rollo, I was browsing through some of your posts and caught notice that you used to be in a band. I'm a musician myself, but have never had the experience of playing out live yet(due to past bands breaking up because of a lot of undedicated musicians out there) , so I'm wondering, what's your take on having "game" while you're in a band? And I'm not only talking about being in anything famous either. Based on your experience, would you say you still need "game" to pull tail, or not? Just curious to see what you have to say.

woods

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I am a working musician, so I can tell you that you do still need game, but when you're onstage, chicks will stare at you, and it gives you an advantage, and higher status. I've had chicks that werent interested in me, grab me after a show and tell me how hot I was onstage, and I've also fvcked up when chicks did that and went home with nothing. Iv'e had chicks with medium interest level in me jump onstage, and makeout with me, then after the show, they were back to medium interest level again. Of course, this was back in my more AFC days. I havent played a show in a few years, but I am in a new band that is almost ready to start playing, and I have much more game now, so I think it will be different.
Its like being a bartender. Every chick in the place is looking at you all night, so they will gradually think you are sexier with time. Its a good advantage, but you have to back it up.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Heheh,..well, lets see, where to begin. I suppose I should give you some history first. I played in several semi-pro projects during the late 80s into the early 90s, the most successful of which was a very popular band in Hollywood during this time, and although we never drew national attention, we were a favortie opener for many big names. Being a musician has been part of my life since I was 14 and being born and raised in Pasadena, CA put me right in the heart of the Hollywood metal scene when it was at it's peak right about the time I was old enough to experience it. By 22 I had long blonde hair down to my ass, and I'd played every club in Hollywood - Gazzari's, The Troubadour, The Whiskey, Roxy, The Central - and most of the outlying area clubs. I've played in what you'd call c0ck-rock bands, I've played in alternative bands, I've played in thrash metal bands and I've even played flamenco guitar in latin projects. I've been a session player, I taught music for money in college and I performed on TV with other groups as a hired player.

I'm still a musician today in fact, though I do it because I enjoy playing and I have no ambitions to be a rockstar, since I do pretty well for myself with my other talents.

As far as game goes with being a performer, there's a certain degree of social proof that goes along with being on stage. I'll be honest, I like playing music and there's a definite high that goes along with it, but at 22, in glory days Hollywood metal, I sure as hell wasn't in it for the money. I wanted to get laid, a lot, and I did. There are precious few musicians who don't take this into account when deciding to get into being a pro. Being on this side of all of that now, I can see the appeal of course, but there's a lot of stuff that goes on under the surface that I was unaware of then as far as the Game goes.

Even when I was in some early bands (that truly sucked) when I was 19, I found that just a girl knowing you were in a band was often enough to get you laid if you had 'the look'. You have a definite advantage from a social proof standpoint, but also understand that this is situational. The types of women who want to get involved with a musician can vary, so buyer beware. I met Mrs. Tomassi at a gig, but I also got involved with a lot of head cases too. I got with strippers who were crazy in bed, but equally crazy out of bed. At your age I wouldn't advise you ever consider monogamy as a musician. There's so much opportunity for a variety of women and getting together with just a single one will be a sure way that you'll quit the band you're in. Enjoy yourself, but keep the women at arms length. By doing so you'll find that the women you do keep around will want you that much more and you'll have the option to see others.

So to answer your question, yes, you'll have an easier time sarging as a musician (assuming you're not overweight) but you still need PUA skills. Being a musician isn't a "get free pussee" coupon. If you lack social skills it wont matter.

I used to joke with the guys i played with about how I'd know I'd get a sure hook up. I'd meet up with the girl of my choice before a show or while some other band was playing before us and sarge her a bit (didn't know it was sarging really), then before we'd go on I'd order a drink and say "hey, we're up next, will you watch my drink for me?" If the girl was still there with my drink when I got off stage I was banging her that night.

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to joke with the guys i played with about how I'd know I'd get a sure hook up. I'd meet up with the girl of my choice before a show or while some other band was playing before us and sarge her a bit (didn't know it was sarging really), then before we'd go on I'd order a drink and say "hey, we're up next, will you watch my drink for me?" If the girl was still there with my drink when I got off stage I was banging her that night.
Very good trick. Of course, today (and this is for the benefit of others as I'm sure Rollo is pretty sharp)...it might be wise NOT to drink that unattended drink as it might have some incapacitated drugs or whatever. :)

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eww...C'MON! Pull your shirt down! You've got some crazy-huge areolas!

edger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A state in America that'll unmercifully leave you
Rollo Tomassi said:
Heheh,..well, lets see, where to begin. I suppose I should give you some history first. I played in several semi-pro projects during the late 80s into the early 90s, the most successful of which was a very popular band in Hollywood during this time, and although we never drew national attention, we were a favortie opener for many big names. Being a musician has been part of my life since I was 14 and being born and raised in Pasadena, CA put me right in the heart of the Hollywood metal scene when it was at it's peak right about the time I was old enough to experience it. By 22 I had long blonde hair down to my ass, and I'd played every club in Hollywood - Gazzari's, The Troubadour, The Whiskey, Roxy, The Central - and most of the outlying area clubs. I've played in what you'd call c0ck-rock bands, I've played in alternative bands, I've played in thrash metal bands and I've even played flamenco guitar in latin projects. I've been a session player, I taught music for money in college and I performed on TV with other groups as a hired player.

I'm still a musician today in fact, though I do it because I enjoy playing and I have no ambitions to be a rockstar, since I do pretty well for myself with my other talents.

As far as game goes with being a performer, there's a certain degree of social proof that goes along with being on stage. I'll be honest, I like playing music and there's a definite high that goes along with it, but at 22, in glory days Hollywood metal, I sure as hell wasn't in it for the money. I wanted to get laid, a lot, and I did. There are precious few musicians who don't take this into account when deciding to get into being a pro. Being on this side of all of that now, I can see the appeal of course, but there's a lot of stuff that goes on under the surface that I was unaware of then as far as the Game goes.

Even when I was in some early bands (that truly sucked) when I was 19, I found that just a girl knowing you were in a band was often enough to get you laid if you had 'the look'. You have a definite advantage from a social proof standpoint, but also understand that this is situational. The types of women who want to get involved with a musician can vary, so buyer beware. I met Mrs. Tomassi at a gig, but I also got involved with a lot of head cases too. I got with strippers who were crazy in bed, but equally crazy out of bed. At your age I wouldn't advise you ever consider monogamy as a musician. There's so much opportunity for a variety of women and getting together with just a single one will be a sure way that you'll quit the band you're in. Enjoy yourself, but keep the women at arms length. By doing so you'll find that the women you do keep around will want you that much more and you'll have the option to see others.

So to answer your question, yes, you'll have an easier time sarging as a musician (assuming you're not overweight) but you still need PUA skills. Being a musician isn't a "get free pussee" coupon. If you lack social skills it wont matter.

Interesting.

"C0ck-Rock", ya gotta just love that term :up::D