"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Got the girl, but now...

J0sH

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 10, 2004
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
FL
Alright guys, i need some serious advice here and couldn't find anything in the search about this.

I have been working on this girl for a few weeks now, and she finally asked me out to be her "boyfriend".

I've been very good at keerping her IL high because I have made myself unavailiable and made myself a challenge.

But now, that we are actually "going out", I am not too sure I will be able to keep things how they were before because the journey for her is over and the challenge is gone.

Could u guys please direct me to the area of the site that will help me with this problem, or offer me some advice?

Thanks
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

SemperFi719

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 3, 2004
Messages
86
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Funny thing is that I was in your shoes a few months ago. I looked all around the site but there really wasn't advice on how to maintain relationships. Personally heres my advice on this.

You have to change things up a TINY BIT. Because you are her bf you cant be completely aloof and unavailable because you need to show ur girl that you will be there for her for the good and bad. If ur in a relationship you have to give and get. You have to from time to time give her some attention. Be spontaneous. Im not saying call her every day... but when your at work one day or out of school give her a ring so you could see how shes doing. (Given that she's doing the same.) Trust me, girls dig it when they know that their guy gives a **** about them and shows it.

(EDIT: Don't mistake it with NEEDING her though. Theres a difference when you NEED a woman and when you show you give a **** but arent needy.
Show that you care - Neediness = Shows her that she has some value to you.
Think about it... would you wanna be with some1 that doesnt value you in some level?)

You should change up the dates from time to time. Don't get into routine because then you get boring and thats when **** hits the fan. Think up of interesting things to do with ur girl. Which brings up how much time you should spend with her. You shouldn't be spending TOO much time with her because this will just backfire. You should give her a chance to miss you because the moments she DOES have with you will be just that more valuable.

Its common sense, you hit a 180 and expect her to not get skeptical. You just need to do a little more. Ignoring her and depriving her of ever seeing you will do nothing but drive her to seek the affection of another guy. The trick is to lead your life, not let her control you, and show her from time to time that you care about her. If you do this you'll be fine.
 

NRM

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 6, 2004
Messages
563
Reaction score
0
I agree, you shouldn't change... much. You did what you did and got the girl, I don't see why you would do anything different. Now... you mentioned that you made yourself unavailable. I hope you had reasons such as soccer or whatnot instead of just blowing her off in order to show her that you were unavailable. Because that shouldn't change at all, you do what you do and have your own life. But now, you can plan out certain times to be with eachother. The exclusive relationship shouldn't be much different. You still want to be a challenge to keep her from getting bored and try to keep her interest above yours.

Just don't fall in. If you lose your ability to be a challenge just because she's your girl, she'll get bored and lose interest fast. Just keep doing what you did to get you to where you are. Girls need high interest anyways to ask a guy to be their boyfriend, so I'd say you've been doing pretty good.
 

SemperFi719

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 3, 2004
Messages
86
Reaction score
0
Age
40
I concur, being a challenge should not be a problem as long as you have a life ourside of the relationship. If all you do is stay at home and calculate that you called her at 5pm on tuesday so now its wednesday 4:59 so you'll wait 3 minutes till you call her then you're in trouble. Remember your buddies too! They were there before and they will be there now. Don't forget them because they are the constant in your life. Girls come and go but your buddies (the true ones) stay constant.
 

DJ_Dork

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 29, 2003
Messages
1,178
Reaction score
0
Age
48
keep doing what you're doing - if you became unavailable a lot and then all of a sudden very available for her - she will find that inconsistent.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

00Kevin

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 16, 2003
Messages
1,962
Reaction score
21
Location
toronto
Just be sure you have other things to do with your time.

What ever you do don't ignore her just to gain her attention. that is pathetic. If you find yourself doing that then you are actually a sucker for her. Make sure the time you don't have with her isn't fake. Become active for REAL and enjoy doing those things for yourself. do what you want to in your life and let her come to you.
 

J0sH

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 10, 2004
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
FL
Well, I do stay very busy. I usually have football 6 days a week everyday after school so she knows where I am at and what I am doing when I don't call her for that period of time.

BUT also, I don't ditch my my friends just to go hang out with her. I could say I am a genuinely busy person and maybe that's why she really is attracted to me? That matters none, anyways, thanks for the advice guys.
 

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
6,620
Reaction score
186
Age
47
Location
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
If you want her to keep liking you, keep being the guy she fell for. I'm hoping that's "yourself". If not, and you've been "faking the DJ" to get her to fall for you, then you're eventually going to crack. But if you're being yourself, and I mean your natural, masculine, and dynamic self, then you really have nothing to worry about.

Stop worrying about the "relationship." Chicks do that. Guys just have fun. :)
 
Top