"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Going to clubs if you can't dance?

wysiwyg6000

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 12, 2003
Messages
58
Reaction score
0
I found out that a coworker of mine is a bouncer at a local club and he was like you can just come to the front of the line and I'll let you right in...so I was like cool. Then he showed me a pic of his current gf (who he met there) and her friend (who is cute as hell and SINGLE)...i really want to go there and try to get with that girl's friend, but I can't dance to save my own life! Should people who can't dance even bother going to clubs (because let's face it, you know she's probably going to ask if I want to go dance with her)
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
Tell her you hurt your back faling from a roof and dislocated a disc and don't want to reinjure it - but you could still slow dance!!
 

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 9, 2002
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
895
Age
52
I don't like to dance all that much and am definitely not the best dancer.

But a few times when I have made a point of being the worst dancer on the floor but just acted like I didn't care I got chicks coming up to me.

They start laughing. Don't get me wrong some girls will up their nose at you for it, but in essence you are making fun of everyone who really thinks they are dancing by dancing like a lame white guy fool in a more exaggerated fashion.

Most people don't move. If you move a hell of a lot more you will get attention.

But overall I don't like to go to dance clubs, plus I'm burnt out on the music because I'm a DJ (jockey) myself on occasion.
 

Vigilante7

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Dec 5, 2003
Messages
247
Reaction score
0
Age
39
YOU HAVE NO EXUSES, LOOK AT ME LOL

Im 16, but ive danced ONCE IN MY LIFE !!!

When I was sitting down at a dance, i got no looks, then i went up in a group and started dancing, and guess what, i got ALOT, and this was the first time ive danced, i hate dancing and dont know how to do it, but dont give a fukk and ur fine
 

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
6,620
Reaction score
186
Age
47
Location
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Eh...watch people and what they do. Most of the guys you see out there with hot chicks don't HAVE to be out there like N'Sync dancing.

If you have SOME rhythm, you can learn to dance in a non-absurd way. Just go. ;)
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

MrBond007

Banned
Joined
Aug 28, 2003
Messages
482
Reaction score
0
Location
Canada,Quebec
The only clubs I got in my area are techno/dance clubs that are borderline to raves.Dont get me wrong.Dance and technos are my favorite types of music but its not a style of music I like to "dance on" unless Im drunk or with an hot chick who is physical.
 

bman

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Nov 8, 2002
Messages
442
Reaction score
1
i go to the club all the time and dont dance. i go with a lot of friends though and i still have fun.
 

TheLadiesMan

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 12, 2001
Messages
1,061
Reaction score
4
Location
Columbus, Ohio
Dude.. go....

Sooner or later, you will go, why not let it be now? Clubs are great to meet chics..... you go enough, you will not only pick up moves, and get a feel for foot work, and groove.. but you will also see just how silly some ppl may look on the dance floor, but still, they don't care, so why should you, who gives a f*ck? It's all about having a good time. Like I always said... 'It's better to try, then regret not trying later.'

..and to all of you have debate about goign to clubs and dancing... let me just say this... you are young, dancing is a great time, you will not meet chics easier than at a club.... here's the kicker, if you keep waiting, by the time you are old, your dancing days will have passe dyou by, and you WELL REGRET, not getting on the floor, and grinding with with some chic you just met.

Ppl who know how to dance, know how to f*ck. Don't ask me why.
 

madgame

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 23, 2003
Messages
860
Reaction score
1
If I didnt know how to dance at all I'd definetly not go to a club. However you don't have to be a real great dancer you just gotta learn to..well move to the music a little. Check out some videos where ppl dance..try it yourself..try to dance to some music in your room..then try it in front of a mirror to check how it looks..if it looks stupid try to change your "dancing style" a little and adjust it till it fits...Oh yeah and please dont exaggerate it..rather dont move little than moving too much thinking you got the moves down (especially when youre at a club and tipsy/drunk!!). Basically you jsut need to move to the music a little.
 

Rondavu

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 8, 2004
Messages
133
Reaction score
0
Age
50
Dude.. go....

Sooner or later, you will go, why not let it be now? Clubs are great to meet chics..... you go enough, you will not only pick up moves, and get a feel for foot work, and groove.. but you will also see just how silly some ppl may look on the dance floor, but still, they don't care, so why should you, who gives a f*ck? It's all about having a good time. Like I always said... 'It's better to try, then regret not trying later.'

..and to all of you have debate about goign to clubs and dancing... let me just say this... you are young, dancing is a great time, you will not meet chics easier than at a club.... here's the kicker, if you keep waiting, by the time you are old, your dancing days will have passe dyou by, and you WELL REGRET, not getting on the floor, and grinding with with some chic you just met.

Ppl who know how to dance, know how to f*ck. Don't ask me why.
Exactly. Dancing is pseudo ƒucking. If you have no rhythm on the floor, then you have no rhythm in the sack jack. Learn it.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Top