Going away on a píss-up holiday - help me save my liver!

Ronny_Neumonic II

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok so I'm goin away for 2 weeks and I will more than likely be drinking for 13 of thos 14 days. Drinking pretty heavily...How can I stop myself from like totally fúcking up my liver beyond repair? Anything better to drink than other things?

plz no "dont drink" replies...it IS a piss-up holiday after all :rolleyes:

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
alpha lipoic acid.

roid heads take it to buffer their liver when doing oral steroids... it'll also keep you from getting fat as it keeps the carbs out of the liver (and hence from being turned into triglycerides, aka fat)

Ronny_Neumonic II

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
thanks for the tip Girevik, bit I prefer DIESELS better!

Where can I get this stuff? Is it sold in chemists over-the-counter?

Ronny_Neumonic II

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh and it wont give me the shíts or anything, will it?

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I figure you'd have a better time checking out where they sell sports supplements. ... however, don't know how popular bodybuilding is in Ireland!

Your best bet might be online - and hope you get it before your trip!

take about 250mg with some solid food before your drinking orgy begins

Ronny_Neumonic II

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm gonna try a body-building shop I know tomorrow! Will this also help with hangovers?

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ronny_Neumonic II
I'm gonna try a body-building shop I know tomorrow! Will this also help with hangovers?
now you're pressing your luck!

for hangovers.... try two Advil (or acetaminophen) - wouldn't know what they call it over there... and LOTS OF WATER !! before you go to bed.. if you end up puking, you probably puked all the medicine out, sooo... you have to do it again..

When you get up for breakfast the next morning.. eat a good meal with lots of protein and fat (aka eggs, sausage/ham/bacon, and a bit of potatoes!! ) it'll suck the hangover out of you like nobody's business... don't know why, but it works like a charm...

have fun you degenerate! LOL

Templeton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You could also consider Milk Thistle (silymarin) and/or Evening Primrose Oil as liver protectants. You should be able to get these and the ALA at a regular health shop - surely you have Holland and Barrett over in Ireland? You can get all you need there and they have some great half prices sales from time to time.

Definately have the "Full English" (or Irish in your case!) breakfast - that's all part of these types of holidays right? lol.

Plenty of water and a couple of paracetamol before bed after a heavy session usually helps greatly for me with avoiding hangovers.

Where you going anyway?

Jay26

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
pft 14 days ain't going to kill ya, I've been going for 10 years and I feel fine!;)

but do the usual, drink lots of water, if your drinking like vodka line your stomach with some food or oil b4hand, it will help a lot.

and most importantly keep drinking to avoid that hang-over;)

Templeton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jay26
pft 14 days ain't going to kill ya, I've been going for 10 years and I feel fine!;)

and most importantly keep drinking to avoid that hang-over;)

Perfect advice!

Ronny_Neumonic II

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol thanks men, and little girl(girevik)! I've never heard of Holland and Barrat myself, so chances are there isn't one :(

BTW I'm goin to crete, and this brings me to my other problem - what factor suncream, lip-protection stuff shud I use while there? Crete is like on the same line of latitude as iraq...and I'm Irish. I wanna get a tan but I don't wanna come back looking like a big red tellytubby :cool:

Templeton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Crete huh? Malia? Meant to be bloody mental there mate!

For fair skinned northern Europeans like us I really wouldnt take any chances in the sun. Factor 30 in my view for the first cpl days then 20 but never less than 15. Whats the point in burning? You or I are never gonna get a real deep tan in 2 weeks no matter what so lets stay safe.

Tip from a guy in Greece I was talking to - aimed at folk like ourselves - on the first day just stay under the sunshade - the rays will still get you. Dont expose yourself too much between about 10am and 4pm has been my experience with Greece at this time of year. I would do most of my tanning and swimming either early in the morning or between about 4.30 and 7pm. Still plenty warm at that time. Dont forget a hat too.

This wasn't a silly question at all. That's what you do in summer - take a break in foreign climes and get the beer going! Gotta laugh when I see an 18 yr old lad call someone son lol. Chill fellas.

wheelin&dealin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ronny_Neumonic II
Ok so I'm goin away for 2 weeks and I will more than likely be drinking for 13 of thos 14 days. Drinking pretty heavily...How can I stop myself from like totally fúcking up my liver beyond repair? Anything better to drink than other things?
Instead of drinking, why don't you take some legal drugs to f*ck you up. I recommend the taking alot of the following:

- Olive Leaf extract (gets you ripped if you take enough)
- R-ala or ala (gets you ripped when you take alot without food)
- 30 grams+ of Creatine (extremely pumped up, take it without food)

Ronny_Neumonic II

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by wheelin&dealin
Instead of drinking, why don't you take some legal drugs to f*ck you up. I recommend the taking alot of the following:

- Olive Leaf extract (gets you ripped if you take enough)
- R-ala or ala (gets you ripped when you take alot without food)
- 30 grams+ of Creatine (extremely pumped up, take it without food)
I'm better off drinking tbh cause tbh that's what EVERY single person on the island will be doing :cool:, but thx for the tips anyway. Creatine doesn't really get you "****ed up" though. I've even tried snorting it, and it just didn't do anything good.

Thx for the help Templeton I think I'll follow your advice. A tan isn't really a major priority to me tbh, I can get quite a nice tan from even as few as five 8minute tan salon sessions. This holiday is mainly for fun, because me and my friends have just finished the state exams.