Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

girlfriend grounded, prom screwed :(

shock

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok...this past saturday my gf was supposed to be spending the night with her friend. Well I took my girl camping. Her parents found out. They freaked out becuase she didnt come home at 10 am. They called all her friends, the COPS even, work, everybody! They are over-strict. Anyway she's grounded for a long time. Prom is this coming saturday. I have a tux already, and tickets. They told her no prom...her dad wants to "talk" to me...im scared. So I guess this is a 2-part question. 1. How to handle dad? 2. About Prom, sir..... Please?

1. Handling Dad
I wrote them a very sincere apology letter, addressed to both parents. I admitted to beig a dumbass, and made it sound real good. I gave that to them today. I am going to talk to them on friday...so I have some time to let them cool off and what not. Her Dad is scary as hellno other. Hes served in 3 branches of the military, smart as hell, and very reformed. HE IS PISSED AT ME! I keep thinking crazy stuff like how he served 3 tours of special ops in Nam', and how he killed a guy with his bare hands...all top secret of course. LOL Crazy stuff like that comes to mind when I think about him. So how do I deal with dad? I pretty much endangered his only daughter's life.... wow any help on this guys??

2. Prom
Well every decison goes through dad. If I can pull off an apology is there any way in hell hes going to let me take her to prom. I am going to tell him how much I spent, and lie a little bit...how's this:

Tux: $120
Crosage: $20
Tickets: $75
Down Payment on limo: $150

That's almost $400!!! In actuallity I have only spent money on the tux and tickets. The limo is BS, and the crosage will be paid for the day of prom. I am hoping he will see the financial side of it. I was also thinking about giving him the whole speele about how it's our senior prom, and how I am not going to go without her. And how this night is really special to both of us, blah blah So how can I convince him to let her off the hook??

Thanks for the help guys!

RKS

Don Juan
Reaction score
anh co phe khong

thats how are you doing in vietnamese

em coi dep lam

thats your smile is beautiful

Mikelo2k

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Damn dude, thats a tough situation. Im not sure bringing up financial spendings is going to be too safe, but it'll prolly hit em somewhat. Mainly i'd try to show them that you have realized your mistake, and prove to them that you will be responsible by taking this girl to the prom, keeping her safe, and brining her home by XX:XX time... just my opinion :D

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
say, "i really like your daughter as a person, and want to present both of us with good memories of Prom, so we never regret not going"

Reaction score
Originally posted by shock
1. Handling Dad
I wrote them a very sincere apology letter, addressed to both parents. I admitted to beig a dumbass, and made it sound real good. I gave that to them today. I am going to talk to them on friday...so I have some time to let them cool off and what not. Her Dad is scary as hellno other. Hes served in 3 branches of the military, smart as hell, and very reformed. HE IS PISSED AT ME! I keep thinking crazy stuff like how he served 3 tours of special ops in Nam', and how he killed a guy with his bare hands...all top secret of course. LOL Crazy stuff like that comes to mind when I think about him. So how do I deal with dad? I pretty much endangered his only daughter's life.... wow any help on this guys??
Well my father was too in the army.He served the Canadian Navy special forces or something like that and he and his team were once deployed to save some american ass.He had to kill people.

Even though he was a rough person at work,hes the most laid down person IRL.He keeps saying jokes and talking about sex.

I guess that writting a letter to the parents was pretty bad and it showed no confidence.You should have had a face to face with her fater.

Reaction score
Oh and Im pretty sure the man doesnt care if you like him or not.If he thinks like me,respect and love are two seperate things.

Have a face to face convo with him and even though he hates you,he would have to respect you.(well you did blow it with the letter....too bad).