Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Girl "friend" to girlfriend....?

Maverick001

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

Maverick001

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
realnycguy,

No problem. You're welcome for the link.

I have to say that I've also been in the situation where I wanted to turn a girl friend into something more but at the time just didn't know how to go about doing that. Currently I don't have any girl friends that I'm interested in converting...:p

At any rate, I would venture that your friendship with this particular women is very strong, given the open nature of the sexual discussions that you describe taking place. This is, in my mind, a dangerous place to be because she's telling you things that she would normally tell a girl friend of hers. Frighteningly close to being "that nice guy" in her life.

I would suggest running the Ganji Games on her and if you hang out with her, make sure she sees you flirting with other women, pulling phone numbers, etc. Jealousy is a powerful ally and we all know how competitive women are.

Why not give it a shot? What have you got to lose?

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers,
Mav

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Looking for opinions and or suggestions about moving a girl "friend" to a girlfriend.
Your chances are going to be slim. A woman who is "friends" with you already has her perception about you. She most likely has it fixed in her mind that you're just a "friend". Changing another person's opinion about you is difficult.

we got back in touch with each other and now I 'm gonna take another shot at it
Again, why are you wasting your time? You'd be much better off keeping her as your friend, and getting her to introduce you to her single friends. Better yet, use her as social proof when you go out. When other women see you with a woman, they automatically become interested. Flirt with other women in the company of your friend. Jealousy works in your favor when you have social proof. When your "friend" notices that other women are attracted to you, she'll become jealous, and she'll also become attracted to you.

only problem is that shes knows I dont need her and she doesnt need me
If you don't need her, why are you going after her again?

we met some 15 yrs ago
This is a huge drawback for you. You've known her for more than 1 year. If you can't get her ass in your bed after 15 years, what's going to change that?

Another risk you're running is that when this STR ends, most likely your friendship will be terminated. Is it better to have a friend for 15 years and more to come, or a couple of good lays?

winter is coming and i need a place to rest my head and keep it warm.....hmmmmmm
Go buy a pillow and a hot water bottle. Better yet, chase some other tail. It'll be much easier than the task you're taking on.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
as a member of a younger generation...you might also learn, as so many here will, that in the end we can be happy without needing anyone, but the journey of life is just that much better with a good solid companion at your side
I very much agree with this, and I took on that mindset when I first came here 3 years ago. It actually helped me become much more successful with women.

I'll tell you something, I was successful in turning one girl "friend" into a STR. I knew her for 9 months, and that was a difficult task. I succeeded only when I stopped trying to date her and began treating her as a good buddy. I was already dating one other girl, but I was teasing the 5hit out of this one. I nearly fell out of my chair when she asked me to kiss her. This was the first time in my life where I felt my success with women had increased tremendously.

Maverick001

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by realnycguy
Mav, O yes, I've been in that horrible LJBF zone way too long with her....and it might be that way for ever....funny thing is that I have thought about asking her to be a "winger" almost like we could be mutual wingers for each other.....this would send the message that I'm no longer looking to her for my sexual companion but stilll want to use her to attract other women to me....as a good female wing should.....this way she might relize that she could be on the recieving end of my "romantic" gestures, but since she shut me down in the past...now she can only watch....and if she does her "winging" well she can help me get what I want all the more easier....SO we will see what happens after the holiday.....any other ideas guys....?

B
realnycguy,

Man I feel for you. This is definitely going to be a challenge to try and turn this one around. However, where there's will and desire, it may be possible.

If you and her do hang out as friends, isn't she already acting as a winger? Or does her being around you not help you in attracting other women? If she's acting as a c0ckblocker (consciously or not) then you've got to change that real fast.

Exactly, let her watch you pull other women to you.

Keep us posted.

Cheers,
Mav

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
.its just taking a look around and seeing some of the AttHos, Glddggrs, and other losers that when you see and know a good one you try to figure out how to bring them in close
When you're on the outside of any relationship, you can imagine how good things could be on the inside. However, reality can give a swift kick in the face.

Let me ask you this, wouldn't a good woman WANT to be in a relationship with you?

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright, first thing is you aren't 'friends', men and women cannot be friends until intimacy has been resolved between the two and you've never resolved this so you still consider her a potential partner.

Secondly, I would be wary of any woman that wanted to become intimate after such a prolonged period of being 'friends'. I can't begin to tell you how much more attractive the 'nice guy' friend becomes the older a woman gets. Her options become slimmer and slimmer as she ages and this inspires a new arranging of her priorities for the conditions of her intimacy.

By entertaing her as an intimate later in life when previously you were 'not her type' you basically affirm her assumptions of entitlment to her prior life decisions. These may not always have been in her best interests of course, but the operative is that in making these decisions she didn't consider you in any of them while their consequences would be your responsibility.

In other words, why are you eligible for her intimacy now rather than before? Or conversely, why should she be a candidate for your attention now when she was unresponsive in the past?

Maverick001

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Rollo Tomassi,

Interesting take you've presented on this.

It sounds like you're saying a single older woman reaches an age when she starts to "settle for the next best thing", her nice guy friend.

The only thing I'm curious about is, once her mental paradigm shifts, can she have genuine feelings of attraction and desire for her target nice guy friend?

If so, then does it really matter that she didn't demonstrate her value and recognize her nice guy friend's value before, in this regard?

To me, the past is certainly an indicator of the future but if people are in the same mental, emotional and attraction space then they can move forward together and not let the past hinder them. What do you think about that?

Cheers,
Mav

Last edited:

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Being on the mature board I'm sure you're aware of, or have already experienced the dynamic that as a woman ages, her sexual marketability (for lack of a better term) declines while a man's marketability increases. Generally a woman is physically as attractive as she's likely to be in her 20's. That's not to say there aren't exceptions or that there aren't hot 35 year old women; it's just an illustration of this subconscious, common understanding that a woman loses potential value sexually as she ages. Sexuality being the prime motivator for selection of a mate for men and a woman's primary agency for selecting a man capable of providing for her security.

Because of this dynamic you hear the common complaint from women in their 30's that they can't find a suitable husband because most of the men their age are persuing younger women in their 20's. Men are responding to a biological imperative and why not? At 35 they've attained a maturity and (hopefully) socio-economic status level that enables them to attract the physically desirable women they had no chance with in their 20's. Most 30+ women simply cannot compete on the same level as a girl 8-10 younger than themselves.

Women respond to this in 2 ways. The 'career' woman, rather than improving herself or altering her mental models to adjust to her situation finds fault in the male. "Why can't guys just grow up?" or "Men are afraid of committment!" and "Their all trying to date little girls in their 20's because of their 'fragile egoes'", she bemoans. It's their fault she's single she thinks while conveniently forgetting that she use the same sexually agency in her 20's.

The second ideology is a shift in priorities. Men and women have conditions for intimacy. Women have at least 4 conditions and as many as 9 depending on their personal situations. A man must be attractive, have confidence, have status (i.e. power), be financially stable, must be the initiator, must be single (though this one is flexible again) and the list goes on, you get the idea. He must have these qualities, or posess an implied potential to have these qualities later in life (i.e. he's studying to become a doctor, etc.) in order for her to consider him for her intimacy. Men have one condition, she must be physically attractive. As women age the priorities for a their conditions for intimacy shift. A woman's looks can afford her to maintain certain priorities of these conditions. As her potential for attraction declines, her conditions for intimacy, logically, are arranged to facilitate her connecting with a potential mate. Whereas in her 20's a man's looks may have been her 1st priority, this condition may now be secondary to a man's ability to provide her security (Money, Status, etc.). Her standards change accordingly, his standards don't change.

Now, to bring this into REALNYCGUY's situation, a former 'friend' suddenly expressing an interest in potential intimacy later in life points more to a rearrangement of priorities rather than a genuine mutual attraction. The nice dependable loyal guy seems a far better fit when it's those qualities that have become a priority for her after 'having her fun' with the men who met with her previous conditions in their respective priorities.

Ultimately what I'm getting at is, is this genuine attraction for her in light of the history of behaviors she's displayed and does REALNYCGUY want to reward her for what may potentially be her settling for him now? It's the 'friends' syndrome written out large over the course of half a lifetime. Most AFC's (my former self included) will regularly delude themselves that the 'friend' they're attracted to will someday remove the blindfold, the clouds will part and then they'll see them for the 'perfect boyfiend' they've given up their live's ambitions to become in order to be what they 'say' they want from a guy. The natural uninterrupted progression of this is being 47 years old, divorced and conveniently becoming attracted to a life-long 'friend', rather than using this new found freedom to date new women.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rollo, that is an excellent analysis of what's going on here! I've never really though of it that way.

Good post!

But the question is, is this really what's going on? It sounds like she's fresh out of her relationship from what realnyceguy said here:

.yet she's in full rebound and relizes she needs her sh*t together first before any relationship
I'd think it's possible that she doesn't realize that her value is going (or has gone) down. Therefore, it's still my guess that he's going to be rejected until she realizes that she's warped 15 years into the future since she was last single.

Maverick001

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Rollo Tomassi,

Thanks for the elaboration.

Yes, I'm very aware of the shift that occurs when both men and women age. Their respective currencies on the singles or marriage market wax and wane.

I would agree that it seems like for realnycguy, his friend may not be genuinely attracted to him but rather finds him available and that's convenient for her.

Yup, the notion of being a nice guy and hanging around until your target gal "comes to her senses" is a formula for pain and emasculation.

realnycguy, if I were you I would definitely start seeing, dating and screwing as many other women as I could. Not only for yourself but to show to this friend of yours just how attractive you are to women.

Cheers,
Mav

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Very interesting thread.

Sexplicite

Don Juan
Reaction score
There's pro's and con's with dealing with a woman who has been there for you as a friend.

But I've also heard that these types of women who has been there for you are the best GF or perhaps wife someday.

It's how you really look at it though.