"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Girl called me at 6:30p.m. tonight, does it mean anything?

static

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 31, 2003
Messages
141
Reaction score
0
Location
LA
Not to sound AFC, but just curious if it means anything if a girl calls at 6:30p.m. on a Saturday.


I just got her message 8:30p.m. She called and apologized to me for not returning my call to her on Thursday. Her phone wasn't working for some reason (assume legitamate, as she explained to me on the day she gave me her number that it won't work for a couple of days becaue of an adaptor related problem..I forgot exactly).

I plan to call her tommorow and ask if she wants to join me for eating. If I call her tonight, I may expose myself as a loser since I have nothing to do. Even if she would go out tonight, I think the chances work better with respect to interest level if I hold off. Besides, she can wait if I had to wait for her to return my call.

What do you guys think?
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

JJMcLure

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 15, 2002
Messages
840
Reaction score
11
She may have nothing to do tonight.

But that doesn't mean you call her tonight, and it DEFINATELY doesn't mean you agree to see her tonight. Either of those would make you too available.

It doesn't matter if her reason was legit or not, she took 2 days to return the call. Now she can wait until tomorrow evening at least.

Also, try to think of a more interesting date idea than eating. And give her some notice for the date - if you need a guideline use 48 hours (not let's meet in half an hour). (I have previously posted this on your other thread where you said you got numbers but not dates).
 

DJ Alejandro

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Nov 16, 2001
Messages
494
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
Southern Philippines
hold off a bit. make her miss you. then call her up when "you're leaving".
 

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 11, 2004
Messages
1,769
Reaction score
2
excuses excuses...girls play guys cause they know they can, she gave u a lame excuse about the adaptor.

an AFC i knew, we went together to a club so he could meet an online chick who rendezvous with him there. they danced for awhile then the chick left...asked him if he wanted to see a movie the following week.

the following week he called several times (very AFC), she never called him back.

then a month later i call him up to see what he's been up to, he said the chick called him up the day before to say "sorry, she's been depressed...yata yatta yata...lets met up"....i told the dude "watch out i think she's playing you" but he probably ended up meeting with her (Extremely AFC) and that's the last time i've talked to him since....dunno what happened to him and her.

*****es will make excuses if they believe that you'll believe them..they will cont doing it until you say "NO"
 

static

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 31, 2003
Messages
141
Reaction score
0
Location
LA
Yeah that could be the case, but let me explain in more detail so you guys have a better picture. I'll also tell you how I met her. This should help in the analysis.

I walked in the room for one of my techniacl science classes 5 min. before it started and took a seat in a big lecture room (200 capacity,but only 70 people or so in the class). I noticed a hot chick sitting on the other side of the room that I didn't think I"ve seen before. I looked at her a few times and she noticed. I wasn't sure though if it was just some girl already in the class that happened to be wearing heaps of make-up that day. It turns out it wasn't. It was a girl not in our class...

This girl then walks out the room right as class startsl I got up in front of everyone and walked out of the room and chatted her up. She was looking for another lecture on her subject to help clarify the concepts. She had thought my class was a different one, so she left. She asked me what we're covering and I told her. She then said that she could use a lecture on that material. So I took her in the classroom and she sat next to me during my class.

We talked afterwards and I got her number. She told me that it won't work for a couple days for some adaptor related reason (she got all technical, but I forgot). She told me it will be fine by a certain day, which I also forgot. I saw her on campus again later and she told me to call her, which led to the call that I made on thursday. I actually called her a few times and the phone always immediatly sent over to an automated voicemail, which is a sign that the phone wasn't even on.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 24, 2002
Messages
11,546
Reaction score
572
Location
monrovia, CA
i don't think she is lying. I have had something like that happen to me before, and you tell someone to call you by a certain date.

The thing is, she isn't the person fixing it, they may give her a date to when it will be fixed, but she can't fix it herself, she has no control over that.

I would try her back in a week.
 
Top