Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Getting the Answering machine the first time you call her

sustainable007

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys....I met this HB a 9....she asked me to meet her at a club but I couldnt because i had professional comittments so I said to her.."Ill see if i can make it, but if I cant Ill definately call you sometime soon"...anyway...I followed the 3day rules and give her a call...and leave a message which built from out previous conversation (i gave her the name of a good friend to contact for help with college classes)...then I said I would like to set up a time to take you out for lunch call me at ###....., then i said cya soon...

So anyway its been about a week, and i havent heard from her but im sure ill see her on campus again anyway....

So heres the questions:

1. What should you do when you call a girl you just met and face her answering machine?

2. After leaving a message how do you play it from there? I had a similar experience with a different girl that i am simultaneously pursuing...I waited 2 weeks and called her and she had a broken foot but she said shed like to see me on campus some time....

****what im sensing is that shes testing me out.....I mean she invited me to meet her at a night club with 0 notice, so im figuring she didnt call back because she wants me to call, but she also wants to see how i react to her not calling me

Cant wait to hear responses to this....

:D

Reaction score
Normally I wait for them to contact me. Dimes are busy, they have chumps jocking them all day long, so if they don't call don't sweat it.

1. Just cause she said meet her at a club doesn't mean she is choosing. Ho's say this type of stuff all the time don't take it too seriously.
2. If you wanna pursue it then give her a call and leave a quick message with no "ands & uhms" in it. state who you are and leave your number and tell her to call you back when she gets the message.
3. If she doesn't call back then you know how well you macked. Like I said fine assed ones get chumps on them all day, their heads are a little out of reality. Move on if she doesn't. 1 call is all she is worth no more.

4. Next time you run into her you need to bring her back into your orbit. Take her off that pedistal and put her ass back into reality.

Slickster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Never leave a message on a chicks machine if you just met her.

If you do, SUPRISE she probably won't call back. Then if you call again you look too needy.

Wait to talk to her in person. Especially to make a date.

Elimidate

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Messages can be useful if used correctly (see a post I did in this in the tips forum a few months ago)

Overall, unless you are 100% sure that she'll call you back, don't leave the message. It puts the ball him her court and then you are stuck wondering if she's going to call back.

She invited you to a club on no notice?? That was definitley a test!
She was trying to see if you were home watching TV or had better things to do. I hope you told her you were busy.......

Elimidate

Ol'BlueEyes

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
happened to me once

I was out clubbing about two months ago...met a very attractive girl (nice cleavage, hehe). We danced, she grabbed my arms and put them around her midriff (nice touch, that). After a while we tired of dancing and talked for a good hour.

We talked until last call, I kissed-closed her...embraced her, looked into her eyes and told her to give me her number, and that I WOULD call her.

After waiting the requisite 3 days, I called and got her answering machine. I left a short message thanking her for the fun night we had and told her to give me a call.

SHE NEVER FRIGGIN CALLED BACK. The Hell?????? If there was one girl I thought that had high interest level it was this one. Evidentally, I was wrong.

Charm

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Blue,

Your wrong on many accounts. The girl didnt call back because they rarely do, until they are involved with you OR have slept with you. She may have a very HIGH Interest, but is not comfortable making the initiatives on the phone.

Next time, do as recommended above by waiting until you get ahold of her live and in person, or leave a message telling her you had something very important to tell her and to call you back as soon as she got the message. Still, option 1 is best because the ball is in your court, ie. you are micheal jordan.

sustainable007

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think you guys hit the nail on the head

It was my suspicion that girls dont like calling back guys who have a mysterious aspect to them....I have decided that I am going to let things fester until i see her again....and if i dont see her for awhile ill give her a call as soon as the semester is over, since i am really occupied with work and school, and given there is a really good chance she is the same...I guess the lesson to be learned is dont leave messages on a chicks answering machine until you have phucked her! LOL! Im glad i know that now...but it really makes sense since you figure that a HB doesnt want to be in positions where it seems like she is desperate and doing the pursuit....its just kinda funny cause woman are these sexual beings and when they have an oppourtunity to get something that is going to rock there world they all seem to hesitate....LOL!

Me and elaine (this girl) have been playing mental games of chess all semester and playing it cool was what got me her #, so i think im going to continue with my modus operandi and play it cool...plus..i had a really great conversation with when we last talked and she gave me all sorts of info that i can use to strike up conversation with her so...like i said...Im going to follow the traits of the DJ and exhibit confidence and patitence...and avoid the answering machine....LOL

if you gents got any other input feel free to ad to this, id like to here more of your thoughts.
:cool:

One on One

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The problem with not leaving a message is that she'll see your number on caller ID and you might come across as stalker-ish.

-HPNOTQ-

Don Juan
Reaction score
yea dave..

*67, *69, *82...all these call block..caller id..and other call things really changed how dating works..

add cell phones..email addresses..text messaging and the rules have changed.

i'm still under the guides of the majority in this thread..

don't leave a message...wait until you have her on the line in person...

besides, you dont have to call her hundreds of times without leaving messages..THAT'S not just stalkerish, THATS PURE AFC..

if you've kept your options open...you shouldnt care if this girl answers or not...you got your Saturday Night filled with other girls...or better yet...something that will truely make you happier..whether it be studying for finals, pool with the boys, or watching SNL...it'd be her loss...not yours..