Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Gaining status. Need your thoughts.

Sammo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
G'day, I am having trouble with gaining status in high school, well not actually having trouble but having trouble moving up the social structure of my high school.

I've seen alot of info about high school social structure's and this is something I have concluded (I want oppinions on this, i am unsure to where it's truths lie): Everyone (Well... allmost everyone) in high school is insecure and are dying to fit in and conform with what everyone else is doing. All the "popular people" seem to have a certain "value" that no one else has(My theory is they have the value because they chose NOT to conform). Girls are attracted to this value because they want to conform to and be cool and to do this they need to date the guy with value.

Well i have a couple of questions about this.

1) What parts of this are true? And if this is wrong then what IS true?

2)I've noticed that people with the value seem to of been like that since the beggining of HS, how can one go about not conforming and getting the value?

3)How did you guys (if you have it) go about getting this value, how did you act around guys, girls, nerds, etc.

I go to a small school if that changes anything. Actually big where i live, but small in terms of USA schools.

If i get enough oppinions out of this and i field test things a bit more, i think i could come up with a pretty cool post.

Thanks

Matt Rogers

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, Sammo. The popular guys I know are nice to everyone geek, beauty, jock or homely. Because they are comfortable with themselves they do not feel the need to put others down. They are cheerful and outgoing in a sociable rather than frat boy manner. They are not afraid to voice their opinions and do not care what others think about what they say. They are prepared to stand out without merely seeking attention. They are comfortable in the presence of a woman, and treat them like little sisters-bratty ones, and tease them a lot in a friendly way.

Hope this helps-as this is what I am striving to become.

sausage fingers

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sammo, looks like were almost opposites. I'm slowly gaining social status in my school but having toruble with the ladies, and ur doing good with the ladies and having trouble with ur social status.

All i try to do is talk to everyone...but make sure U KEEP IT REAL. Dont put ne1 down to get laughs or anything like that, just have fun. Eventually ull get it.

Reaction score
umm. i am also opposite to you.......i'm friends with most of the popular guys at school.....but the ladies its a different realm of popularity.........i used to be low on the social ladder at school...but somehow and until this day i really have no clue on how i did it..but i just got more popular and ****....i guess its because of that conformist ****......who gives a damn, on what you do.........and this has been proven on those stupid ass television shows where the main character and his/her friends aren't popular.......why is that? because they worry too much about what others think......but by that don't just go wearing ****ed up clothes, and act like a disgusting fool, because if you want *****es you have to improve the way you look and feel about yourself! and another thing that can boost your popularity also is joining some school related club or sport. or make or join a band with your friends...................i know it isn't hard to become popular, especially if it just happened overnight...OVERALL don't fret over popularity, because what i've noticed from some of them, mainly girls is that they are dumb asses and there are two reasons...........they aren't good at a subject, yet take an advanced course and then fail it..........second they don't know what they want...........

Sammo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks guys, any more oppinions/thoughts?

RKS

Don Juan
Reaction score
do things that are not done often

creat new styles

be a innovator

hella people will wanna be apart of your skill

Sina94

Don Juan
Reaction score
Exactly right. I just dyed my hair orange. Yeah I get attention from it...but I just did it cuz I don't care what everyone else thinks. Some people respect me for it and some don't. Do something out of the ordinary that you just wanna do for the hell of it...It'll definitely show you which crowd you wanna hang out with and who your real friends are. If you gain the popularity in the process the more power too ya!

"If a picture is worth a thousand words then it aint worth much!"

Reaction score
Sammo,I was at the very bottom of my school hierachy in HS.Now,I am almost at the top in College.If you can,change during the time between HS-College.Youll meet new people that dont know you and youll gain more attention.

bust.it

Don Juan
Reaction score
If your goal is to gain status then you'll never get it, or deserve it.

Don't judge yourself from your popularity points. Advice in this post is contradicting:

"Don't care what anyone else thinks"... while "gaining status" is based on what others think of you.

Forget status. Improve yourself for you.

Beatflux

Don Juan
Reaction score
bust.it is right !!!

If you strive to be cool you'll never reach it becuase it doesn't exists. Why would you seek the approval of people who don't even approve of themselves? People are looking for something that can only be quenched by themselves but it may take them a while to realize it. Peace out. Bust.it, if you have AIM please IM at Beatflux.

Jester

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
nobody ever became a DJ because they had "status".

you are asking the wrong questions.

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok guys. this is one of the most important rules of high school, and if you follow this HS will be awesome for you.

ok.ready?

DO NOT TRY TO BE COOL, And You will be CooL.
do not dress up like everyone, do not talk **** about people , do not be WEIRD, be confident and talk to laides, and it will all come.
i love joking around with girls. 2 days ago i asked a girl from my class on her thoughts about "male jacking off" she was a little surprised, but i loved messing with her head:p