"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

For christian guys looking for the "one"

Deadly_Assassin

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 8, 2003
Messages
549
Reaction score
4
Age
42
Hey I found this on the internet. Its helped a lot and I read it everytime I start thinking about my oneitis.

Gods plan for your life:

Everyone longs to give himself completely to someone…to have a deep soul relationship with another…to be loved thoroughly and completely. But God to a Christian say, "No not until you are satisfied, fulfilled, and content with being loved by Me alone - with giving yourself totally and unreservedly to Me: to having and intensely personal and unique relationship with Me alone; discovering that only in Me is your satisfaction to be found -will you be capable of the perfect human relationship that I have planned for you.

"You will never be united with another until you are united with Me… exclusive of anyone or anything else, exclusive of any other desires or longings. I want you to stop planning, stop wishing, and allow Me to give you the most thrilling plan that there is…one that you cannot imagine.

"I want you to have the best; please allow Me to bring it to you. You just keep watching Me, expecting the greatest things. Keep listening and learning the things I tell you. Just wait, that's all. Don't be anxious. Do not worry. Do not look around at the things others have, or that I have given them. Do not look at things you think you want. Jus t keep looking to Me, or you will miss what I want to show you. Then, when you are ready, I will surprise you with a love far more wonderful than you could dream of.

"You see, until you are ready, and until the one I have for you is ready (I am working even at this moment to have both of you ready at the same time), until you both are satisfied exclusively with Me and the life I have prepared for both of you, you won't be able to experience the love that exemplifies your relationship with Me. This is perfect love.

"Dear one, I want you to have this most wonderful love. I want you to see in your marriage a picture of My relationship with you, and to enjoy materially and concretely the everlasting union of beauty, perfection, and love that I offer you with Myself. Know that I love you unconditionally. Believe it and be satisfied." ~ Author Unknown ~
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Beatflux

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 4, 2002
Messages
103
Reaction score
0
Location
Aurora, CO, USA
Quite honestly, I don't think you have the capacity to fully understand that quote. Do you know who God is? Do you know how to surrender to God?
 

Deadly_Assassin

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 8, 2003
Messages
549
Reaction score
4
Age
42
yes i am working on surrendering my life to God it doesnt happen overnight and takes a lot of commitment and sacrifices.
 

Papi Jack

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 14, 2004
Messages
36
Reaction score
0
Age
43
Location
Memphis/Venezuela
Men... maybe i didn't quite understand the message. I respect you for believe in that but i don't agree.

God gave us free will to go and do stuff, go make mistakes, go and scratch your knees riding bicycle, go and get broken harted but most important of all GO LEARN!

That view of "god will give to me what i need and if i don't get it is because i should not have it" seems to me like the perfect excuse for people who's not willing to get their hands dirty and work hard for what they want.

That is my opinion but... like my dad says: "I DON'T KNOW SHlT, I'M JUST 21" :D

C ya men.
 

Deadly_Assassin

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 8, 2003
Messages
549
Reaction score
4
Age
42
I think I phased the sentence the wrong way
Its helped a lot and I read it everytime I start thinking about my oneitis
What I meant to say was everytime I start thinking about that one girl I that like I read this everytime just to remind myself that I dont need that girl in my life cos I already have God in my life. And His love is all we need. Nothing can be compared to the Love He has for us. I mean He gave his only son to die on the cross just to save us. And it doesnt stop there. He is always there for us even though sometimes we think that Hes forgotten about us.

The whole message of the passage is that our focus should be on God and his love for us. And that we must not worry and look around but we must wait upon him. We must be patient. Just like Proverbs 3:5-6 says

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and he will direct your paths.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Deadly_Assassin

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 8, 2003
Messages
549
Reaction score
4
Age
42
That view of "god will give to me what i need and if i don't get it is because i should not have it" seems to me like the perfect excuse for people who's not willing to get their hands dirty and work hard for what they want.
I will give you my example. I want to be a pilot. And I know its God's will because the fees were a problem for me. I couldnt afford them and so coudnt my parents. But God opened the way through student loan. My loan was approved and right now I have got two more years to go to finish my degree. Even though it is God's will for me to be a pilot I still have to work my ass off studying the theory notes. I still have to learn how to fly a plane. Just because its God's will doesnt mean I jump in the plane the first time and I start flying like an ace. I still have to work hard to achieve it.

Like when I am in need of money. God doesnt grant me a lottery ticket and hello heres a million dollars. I have to trust in him that He will pull me through and then my boss might ring me up right when I am about to give up hope and say hey do u wanna do some extra shifts this week. Or my workmates might ring up and ask me to cover for him.


God gave us free will to go and do stuff, go make mistakes, go and scratch your knees riding bicycle, go and get broken harted but most important of all GO LEARN!

He gave us free will for a reason. He wants us to enjoy life. But not by getting drunk and smoking crack. He has given us guidelines to follow. I do not follow these rules thinking that if I go get drunk hes gonna punish me but I follow them because He loves me. And it hurts Him that I do not listen to him sometimes. Just like your dad if he says do not steal. But you go and steal. Does it mean he does not love you anymore? He still does. He still wants you to enjoy life go out there and have fun. But do not compare your dad on earth to the one in Heaven. Your dad might approve of you getting drunk and smoking crack. But hes not perfect. But the one in Heaven is. He knows exactly what right for you and whats not. You might think that product A or girl A is the right one for marraige. But he might have something better in store for you. And just because he chose her does not mean shes gonna be ugly on the outside and not a bad person on the inside. Yes hes gonna think about your desires as well and what attracts you so he might actually have someone really hot in mind.

Yes God wants ur to learn. He will present us with tests everyday. Sometimes we see them coming sometimes we dont. He does this because he wants to know how faithful we are to him. He already know the outcome, if we are going to fail or not. He does not get angry if we fail. Because he wants us to learn. He wants us to understand that he must not lean on your own understanding but must put our trust in him and he shall direct our paths.

I hope I have answered some of ur queries.
 

Deadly_Assassin

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 8, 2003
Messages
549
Reaction score
4
Age
42
Another thing God doesnt expect me to sit in church all day and worship him. He wants me to go out there and play sports. He wants me to go out there and go visit different places and travel around. He wants me to go there learn to ride a bike or to swim or to surf. But in everything I do I must glorify his name. Doesnt mean I am surfing and just when a wave is on its way I start praying and not go and catch that wave. He wants me to catch that wave and ride it and then thank Him for it. And thank him how much awesome time you had that day. When I am playing soccer. I get tackled from behind. And say I twist my ankle. Doesnt mean I jump around thanking for it, cos he knows that I dont mean it and I am being scracastic about it. He probably wants me to learn something from it. He has plan. It might seem why the hell would God want to do that. So when I go visit the physio I might start start talking to him/her. We may get to know each other and he might be needing some help with something. And hey what do u know I might be the best person for that job. You never know what God has planned for your life. You always have to be patient and trust him. I have lost my licence for 3 months for getting too many fines. Right now only 21/2 weeks have gone. But I am already getting the idea that God has something planned. I dont know what it is yet but in due time I will. Till then I must wait.
 

ShizamDaMan

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 26, 2003
Messages
1,113
Reaction score
3
As long as something gives you the will to go forward and kick ass, more power to you. I'm not spiritual by any means, I just go out there and do things to better myself.
 
Top