Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

For all non-religious DJs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't want to turn this into a religious debate, so I'm requesting that all non-religious DJs respond only.

What made you decide to abandon religion altogether? Have you also abandoned the bible?

Personally, I used to be quite religious. Even after I gave up on organized religion, I still believed in the bible. I've now abandoned the bible as well. Here's why:

Should I really believe that the root cause of 9/11 was a talking snake who told a naked lady to eat a piece of fruit? Should I believe worldwide pollution, violence, theft, car accidents, and all the other bad 5hit in the world came from a naked lady who was told by a snake to eat a piece of fruit? Sorry, but that sounds really fvcking stupid.

Also, what was with the Garden of Eden being protected by angels and a twirling sword when the sword hadn't even been invented yet? Also, Genesis 2:8 states that Eden was to the East. East of what? East of dirt? Nothing but that garden had been created yet.

I could go on and on about how rediculous I think the bible is, but I'd like to hear some of your experiences and reasons for abandoning religion and the bible.

Please try not to flame people for the conclusions they've come to. I'm not trying to convert anyone, I'm just giving my experience and I'd like to hear other people's experiences as well.

Nightspark

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
well thta's exactly how i saw it as well... There's too much sh!t happening here in this world, and to think it's all because 2 ppl ate apples from some forbidden tree!

look i know its all on faith, but i want want to believe in a higher being... i believe in myself only, so i am my own god :D

and i found it quite annoying that i HAD to do religion as a subject at hi-school (yes i went to a catholic school... it was the closest to my house)

I think the bible and religions for that matter are used to brainwash people into thinking that something good will happen as long as they worship this high being or whateva... it doesnt make sense....

sfalexi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What made you decide to abandon religion altogether? Have you also abandoned the bible?
First I abondaned church. I have bad acne, and in my youth programs at church always ended up sitting by myself and always having the girls (which being a teenager at the time was quite interested in) pretty much ignore me while they had no problem accepting all the other 'new guys' in the church. I heard people on youth trips talking about girls they had screwed, how they were gonna drink so much this weekend or get so high, and eventually I just said, "I'm sick of this. Why should I go to a place, sit alone for two hours, to learn about God and following the ways of the bible when it's filled with nothing but hypocrites?"

So I stopped going to church, but contined praying. Then it hit me. All these people who CLEARLY were not there for religion had pretty good lives. And mine was pretty ****ty, even though I prayed and paid my dues. That doesn't seem fair now, does it?

At that point I just kept seeing how life and well-being seemed to be completely independant of religion (you've got your successful religious people, and you're non-successful. And the same with non-religious people). So I decided that God doesn't ACTUALLY help those who worship and praise him, because, well, he doesn't exist. Otherwise why (as Desdinova said) would he allow such poverty and sadness, ESPECIALLY to those that genuinely believe and trust in him?

Alexi

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
Yo since i started believing there was a God my life got more complicated it seems like.

:confused:

Levex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I stopped being religious a long while ago when i started going to school and learned history. The way people were manipulated and opressed thru religion and the amount of blood it had spilled made me want no part of it.
Also, in modern society, people often use religion as an ez-pass to clear consciousness. If you do something bad, you confess and everything is alright and you're "forgiven". I'm not even gonna comment on priests and little kids...

I'm not saying that there's no higher being, we wont find out until we die i guess, but i know for sure its not some old bearded guy who watches over your every move.

Of course this doesnt apply to everyone but in general catholism, christianity, islam and all others are just ways for people who in reality are full of sh1t to feel good about themselves by thinking they are pleasing someone with their actions.

TyTe`EyEs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess I stopped believing when I was about 12 or 13. I started thinking about all of the different religions and sh1t. Each one pretty much says that they're right and everyone else is wrong. If the bible is true, that means all of the non-christians would be going to hell. The non-christians can't help it that they were raised to beleive something else. So do they just have sh1tty luck or what? Sh1t is pretty frustrating to think about.

So Many Ways

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I grew up growing to church every week. I grew up going to a church which had cult like leanings. I then started going to more mainstream churches when I was around 18 or so. After a while I just gave up.

There are many reasons why I gave up religion. I couldn't list them all. I just see religion as a means to control people and to exercise power over others. Religion is also a method of becoming rich and powerful. Look at all these pastors that live in big houses and drive nice cars. I also consider religion to be a direct cause of most of the world's problems, especially in the last 2000 years. There's also the hypocritical nature of it all, the hateful and judgemental attitude of many believers, the contradictory nature in the bible. Did you know there's a passage in scripture where god tells the children of israel to rape the women and children of an ememy? I don't remember the scripture. If you read the bible with an objective eye, you'll see that god is bloodthirsty, manipulative, maniacal, arrogant, and cruel.

This is the religion I'm supposed to follow? I'm supposed to worship a god that kills all the firstborn of egypt for what? I'm supposed to worship a god that tells abraham to sacrifice his son, a god that destroys all of civilization by bringing on a mass flood, a god that turns a man into stone for turning his head, a god that will burn anyone in hell forever becasue they haven't heard of Jesus Christ?

No thanks.

Panda 2000

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I never abandoned religion because I wasn't religious to begin with. I'm more of a scientific guy and I don't see any sense in religious teachings, actually I find them quite transparent.
And I think the world would be a better place if people kept their religious business to themselves.

So Many Ways

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I believe there is a creator. I don't believe the world just came about from thin air. That's pretty much as far as it goes right now. I'm basically just fed up with religion at this point. Ever since I cast that aside, I feel like a new man.

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Panda 2000
And I think the world would be a better place if people kept their religious business to themselves.
Not to mention off of this website. There are many forums out there where you can debate your religious views (or lack thereof)... Feel free to continue this discussion there.

Status
Not open for further replies.