Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Food

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First they said don't eat eggs or red meat. Then they said don't eat sugar. Then no refined flours, no white rice, no white bread. Then they said eat organic. Nothing in a box or processed. Then they said don't eat any meats, eat a plant based diet. Then they said don't eat grains at all. Then they said don't eat potatoes. Tom Brady won't eat tomatoes because they cause inflammation. Then they said don't eat beans or corn. Then they said fruits are bad for you. Then they said the vegetables are all covered with pesticides so don't eat those. What the heck am I supposed to eat for supper, a walnut?

Billtx49

Reaction score
First they said don't eat eggs or red meat. Then they said don't eat sugar. Then no refined flours, no white rice, no white bread. Then they said eat organic. Nothing in a box or processed. Then they said don't eat any meats, eat a plant based diet. Then they said don't eat grains at all. Then they said don't eat potatoes. Tom Brady won't eat tomatoes because they cause inflammation. Then they said don't eat beans or corn. Then they said fruits are bad for you. Then they said the vegetables are all covered with pesticides so don't eat those. What the heck am I supposed to eat for supper, a walnut?
You forgot the margarine vs butter war in the 60’s…
They advertise in the media what they want to sell and call it news.

I don’t eat food I don’t like or doesn’t agree with me. Beyond that, I don’t let others I don’t even know tell me what to eat.
Life is short, have fun, eat well…

Vantagepoint34

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
what I heard about tomatoes is that they affect how you tan. If you consume quite a bit of tomatoes it affects how you tan. Supposedly you should be able to eat salad soaked once. I mean remember low fat? I think you forgot to mention what low fat was about

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Life is short, have fun, eat well…
Speaking as someone who is getting up there: Even if you live long, life is short.

Butter vs. Margarine was an early one. My mom used to call margarine "oleo", which is short for oleomargarine. You don't hear that much anymore.

what I heard about tomatoes is that they affect how you tan. If you consume quite a bit of tomatoes it affects how you tan. Supposedly you should be able to eat salad soaked once. I mean remember low fat? I think you forgot to mention what low fat was about
Well we wouldn't want tomatoes affecting how we tan, would we?

As for low fat, it was somewhere in between the don't eat red meat and don't eat sugar. It was kind of implied. But I wasn't intending to try to write a complete history of diet fads, lol. It was more of a rant.

Vantagepoint34

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Diet's should be as simple as pbj Zekko. I mean we can all agree being a hulking arnold didn't workout since he had some heart troubles show up. Or to end up like zyzz or that other italian arnolds' friend columbo(might have that name wrong). Who died last year from none other that a simple swim. All that Iron thrown around to go out like that man!

Billtx49

Reaction score
Well we wouldn't want tomatoes affecting how we tan, would we?
On a cookout when I was a kid, went crazy one time on too many fresh tomatoes with salt and pepper on them. Woke up the next day with a rash. They haven’t bothered me since because my brain is now in gear when I eat…

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Those pesticides wash off. And you want to wash your produce, anyway, more so because of the germy humans who have been near it.

The American obesity rate is about to hit 50%. People have no idea of nutrition. Fast food, pre made and pre cooked anything is usually bad. Cheap restaurants like applebees just heat up tv dinners. If a food is sold to you as a convenience, it's junk. The most profitable food to sell is high fructose corn syrup, which is why it is everywhere. Chips are also ridiculously profitable, just a few cents of potatoes in a $3 bag.

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think a lot has to do with genetics.
I'm on no medications at all (mid 50's here)
I smoke 2 packs a day (other than a year and a half of quitting, we're talking 40 years worth)
Too lazy to cook for just one and have eaten a lot of fast foods etc..
Horrible sleep habits
and partied a lot in my late teens and 20's.

Sometimes I feel guilty when friends talk about "feeling their age" because most do not have near my bad habits.

I also wonder if our mindset plays an important role. I never keep things bottled up and believe that this may perhaps be a bigger factor than healthy eating.

HankHill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah there's a lot of crap in our food today. Bottomline is try to eat unprocessed food as much as reasonably possible. Cut out bread (it's processed), eat brown rice, eat organic eggs and meat. The non organic chicken is loaded with steroids and crap, same with beef and same with farm-raised (non wild caught) fish. Sugar and sodium are far worse than fats in my opinion. Eat fruits and veggies, no the cheap iceberg lettuce doesn't count, I mean Kale, cabbage, broccoli.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nutritional effects on the human body is a very complicated science. Very few things are straight forward with it.
What science called a healthy diet when I was a youngster looks completely different from what is called a healthy diet today. And it wouldn't surprise me if it looks completely different 50 years from now. Our best information at any given time so far hasn't necessarily been all that accurate. And a lot depends on who you ask, what they're trying to sell, what agenda they have, and of course what they are trying to accomplish. Different diets have different purposes. And none of that even takes into account what tastes good.

If you think about it, a lot of studies probably take entire lifetimes to complete, as they follow their subjects over time.

bcude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Use the gift that nature gave you. Your brain and your ability to think by yourself.
I've always put alot of interest in food and agree it's really confusing to follow. When in doubt just keep it simple, meaning...
You eat food that nature created, and you avoid food that man created.
How do you know? You check if it has a label or not. A banana doesn't, Gorby's pizza does.
This will always keep you on the right path. If you go further down the rabbit hole you'll be crazy like trying to analyse a woman's behavior.

xplt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fun fact. Apparently body should consume 45-48 grams of wheat. Who remembers the food pyramid?
My Ving Tsun Sifu is also nutrition coach, says **** what you hear and read, go after food pyramid... a bit of everything

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't listen to what "they" say and use your common sense. Americans go on fad diets, count calories, practice food avoidance, and are fatter than anyone on the planet. Meanwhile in other countries they're eating what they want and living long and well. Americans have no sense of balance or portion. Actually I'll take it one step further and say that most Americans simply don't respect food, or how they ingest it.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't listen to what "they" say and use your common sense. Americans go on fad diets, count calories, practice food avoidance, and are fatter than anyone on the planet. Meanwhile in other countries they're eating what they want and living long and well. Americans have no sense of balance or portion. Actually I'll take it one step further and say that most Americans simply don't respect food, or how they ingest it.
Not so simple Superman, you also have to keep in mind that we have a horrible agricultural policy over here in regards to the pesticides and fertilizers that are and aren’t allowed. We have possibly the loosest restrictions out of any developed or developing country in the world when it comes to our chemical policy, really. Even China has banned substances for farming that we still use.

It’s the same reason why people have gluten intolerance (celiac disease) from the pasta here in the US, but then can eat 10 lbs of pasta in Italy and not get anything. It’s cuz the food we do have here sucks ass. The FDA is basically bribed lol (though when they tell you to take something off the shelf, you better do it).

@zekko
Eat a variety, avoid liquor and processed foods, etc. and just use common sense. We all know what a healthy diet looks like in our mind when we see the words ‘healthy diet’. Veganism is faggotry and not viable long-term. It makes your skin absolutely horrible too, as if it’s just loosely draping off of your body rather than actually attached to it. Meat is important; eating connective tissue (tendons, ligaments, skin) and especially cartilage will get rid of wrinkles, clean your blood vessels (reverse atherosclerosis), prevent arthritis, and strengthen your joints so that you’re able to crack your back again. It allows you to move like your younger self. There’s also other stuff too, but I think you get the point. Veganism is retarded, going solely plant-based is idiocy and brainwashing. If you’re worried about high cholesterol, then just eat a ton of vitamin C. You can’t overdose on it even if you don’t drink enough water. It lowers your LDL dramatically and is antiviral. Shoutout to @GhostOfCordon for that one, I never would have known about Pauling Therapy had he not mentioned it. And like I said, eating cartilage in general prevents and cures atherosclerosis so yeah, it’s not like high cholesterol really matters.