Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Food dyes

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had a question last week about electrolytes and my fatigue feeling and some other symptons. I started to research and I ended up questioning about food dyes.

And found out I was consuming a artificial "No sugar" powdered juice full of this crap. So it came to my mind that I usually felt that way after lunch, where I used to drink a lot of this sh1t. And also I used to eat it with avocado.

Also I found out there is maltodextrin on its composition, so it was not a 0 carb juice as they sell it.

Im few days without eating it and my stomach doesnt have that bloated effect. After lunch, I'm not feeling so lazy as before and I'm feeling a slight increase on well being. This is very scary.

So, after realizing it... I went look at my prescribed medication (Bupropion) and I found out they put food dye in its composition. Blue and Red... both have tons of psychological side effects.

Captura de Tela 2022-03-31 às 11.15.09.png

So, do you think I should consider quitting this medication or the amount of dye on those pills are not that high as on foods?

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ADDING:

I saw that there is dyes even on the multivitamin supplement I used to take. Funny is that they say some food dyes are bad for vitamin absorption.

They basically sell crap and say its healthy.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Those anecdotes don't carry much weight for me, people are terrible about misattributing things like that. I'm not aware of many studies about food dyes being particularly bad, but maybe I'm wrong. People like to blame "weird sounding chemicals" for their problems without doing any actual research.

That said I don't doubt that some dyes could toxic though. Best to just assume everything is garbage until proven otherwise.

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Those anecdotes don't carry much weight for me, people are terrible about misattributing things like that. I'm not aware of many studies about food dyes being particularly bad, but maybe I'm wrong. People like to blame "weird sounding chemicals" for their problems without doing any actual research.

That said I don't doubt that some dyes could toxic though. Best to just assume everything is garbage until proven otherwise.
Good point.

I usually experiment on myself and observe the results. With or without it and also trying to see if there is any other thing that could interfere with that.

Im feeling my stomach better and not having headaches. But it could be the fact that Im not drinking anything with meals anymore, so it doesnt make eat very much.

But in any case, the rule to avoid processed foods seems healthy. Better to avoid than risk.

But I know that in some situation there wont be a problem go drink it. Maybe the problem was doing it everyday.

Building_and_Loan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Artificial dyes are the first thing I look for in the list of ingredients on a product. I immediately put it back on the shelf if one is listed.

Red 40 is everywhere; liquid soaps, candy, cough drops, hot sauce, even chocolate pudding. That crap is poison.

It's funny how there's a stigma around pregnant women smoking and drinking alcohol, but not ingesting artificial colors and flavors.

Fortunately there are many alternatives to artificial colors on the market now, such as beet juice for color.

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Artificial dyes are the first thing I look for in the list of ingredients on a product. I immediately put it back on the shelf if one is listed.

Red 40 is everywhere; liquid soaps, candy, cough drops, hot sauce, even chocolate pudding. That crap is poison.

It's funny how there's a stigma around pregnant women smoking and drinking alcohol, but not ingesting artificial colors and flavors.

Fortunately there are many alternatives to artificial colors on the market now, such as beet juice for color.
Im checking everything now too.

The only thing Im taking that have some food dyes is my med bupropion. Besides that I cut everything. And 7 days off and I feel bit better. Mostly on stomach and having a slightly increase on energy and mood. But I have to observe more days to be sure.