Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Fish Processing

djntraining25

Don Juan
Reaction score
Has anyone ever heard of fish processing on factory trawlers in Alaska? If so does anyone have any information on how to get on and if it is easy to get hired. I have heard that it is not that hard to get on and you will make $3500 to $5000 a month and possibly more. I also know that the contract that someone would have to sign is a 2,3, or 6 month contract. This is all that I know( I got it from a hiring agency called Glacier Bay). If anyone has any experience with this or knows someone who has please reply. I was thinking about doing something diffrent for a little while.

Cheiradawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know the answer to your original question.

However I'm sure you are aware that this is one of the most dangerious jobs there is.

The Bad Ass Canadian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You must mean the crab boats.

I'm not sure that fish processing on one of these ships will yield that much $$$ but if you get a chance to join the crew on deck then you'll be rolling in the dough... That is, of course, if you think you can handle it.

I've done a similar job on the Eastcoast and it pays very well.. but the hours are insane some 24 hr long shifts with maybe a 4 hour rest period before working another 24hrs... you end up exhausted. Also, if you are sea-sick... forget it. You'll be trapped on a floating hell hole for weeks at a time. These jobs aren't for "weak" men who don't like physical labour.

Green Horns aren't very welcome to these jobs. They want men with experience. It's a dangerous and someone who doesn't know how to do his job will be a burden to the rest of the crew and can infact endanger his life and the life of the others, based on carelessness.

The Bad Ass Canadian