Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

First Date Ever - What I Learned

High Voltage

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

This post is mainly for those who have just started dating, but I'd like to know if you think a 1 hour coffee date was appropriate for a first date (too short?).

Thanks mainly to this site I managed to get my first date ever. About me: 22 virgin, never kissed, about average looks. About her: a nice girl (not slu*ty, etc.)

Went out with her for a 1 hour coffee date, early evening. My game was anything but tight since I'm still learning. For example, I met her, got the number, and called *3 weeks later*. We were both busy, next I called her *3 months later* and set up this date. I emailed her first to ask about the specific day. Date went well, bit of kino, we both laughed lots.

Ended up kiss closing her (short, open mouth, no tongue) at the end of the date. First kiss of course, I was not terribly confident but managed to connect lips in a somewhat pleasurable experience.

The point here is *not* how the date went, or if I will get another, or even if I will end up having s*x with her. What I learned from my date was this: IT'S NOT THAT BAD!

All day I was nervous about it; what I would talk about, knowing that I should kiss her but didn't know how, blah, blah, blah. I can honestly say that once I picked her up I was not that nervous at all. I never 'planned' to kiss her, the thought just popped into my mind at the appropriate time and I went for it.

Another thing - I always thought kissing would be heaven on earth. In reality it was merely... pleasurable. That's it. So if you haven't kissed a girl, it is probably not what you've made it out to be.

Another significant point I'd like to make here is that after *all* the screwups I made in the process the chick was *still* interested. IF YOU MAKE A MISTAKE, IT WILL BE OKAY!! Seems to me you don't need to be perfect to get dates.

There were lots of things she said/did that I *could* read into and think over. You know what? I'M NOT GOING TO! I'm not going to analyze the small things in this date. I'm only going to focus on the basic feeling I got: I enjoyed the date and so did she. That's all I'm going to care about!

Yes I'm going to call her and set up another date. I will continue to follow my gut instinct and do what it says (with a few DJ skills thrown in). Screw the brain. It is good for getting diplomas, but when it comes to dating, thorough analysis be dam*ed.

- HV

Toke

Don Juan
Reaction score
Good job buddy.

Hopefully she'll go out with you again. I just had my first date a month back, and got my first kiss again. But then she flaked :(

TesuqueRed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Talk. Get number. Have date + kiss close. Live to tell the tale--repeat 20X. Life ain't bad, is it dude? Congrats...you're already practicing a half-dozen things at the same time and doing well.

silverdog

Don Juan
Reaction score
sounds like your doing preety good man, keep it up :)

felony

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
hey high voltage,
congrats bro keep up the good work.

i look forward to reading your future field reports.

felony.

1hepcat

Don Juan
Reaction score
Is a coffee date ok? Looks like it worked just fine for you. Way to go!

vdk

Don Juan
Reaction score
I remember my first date in high school. All i can remember was how nervous I though I would be on the date. When the date actually came I was actually pretty calm, however, we didnt get any connection going so the it stopped after the date.

I suggest you go ice skating. A GREAT opportunity to hold hands and kino. And if she cant skate, even better, teach her!

Try something more active on the second date. I usually go for coffee on first date, then something active like bowling or skating. Its not until the fifth date before i start thinking about dinner.

Lone_raider

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Good for you man! Pretty nice work for your first date ever! My first one didn't go nearly as well :p

FlyGuy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There were lots of things she said/did that I *could* read into and think over. You know what? I'M NOT GOING TO!
Very important! Good on you my man, keep it up, have fun, etc.

matius

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For example, I met her, got the number, and called *3 weeks later*. We were both busy, next I called her *3 months later* and set up this date.
I just woke up, am I reading that right?

rbd

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
great to hear! you're making good progress, and you've taken the first step...which is more than many people on this site will do.

keep it up man!