Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Fight club

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnmich

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I dont really know what this thread is about, although i wrote it. In a lot of posts and other threads, people comment on fight club.

In this forum, a lot of people suggest watching fight club. I get brad pitt and the alpha male thing but he is just a figament of the guys imagination, who only comes out at night.

I didnt really get the ending - something about Brad pitt who plays tyler is actually the same guy as the main guy, and he created him in his own mind. He wasnt fighting with tyler but with himself, by himself.

I dont see how this can relate to DJin as it begins to go down the road of terrorism and the destruction of all credit card companies to free evryone.

I am really wanting to hear any of your thoughts on this film.
Did it mean anything to you or say anything to you (metaphorically)?

All posts wanted and welcome

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think they like brad pitts haircut. Of course he is cool to don't give a **** about anything and saying "Self improvement is masturbation". The only problem is that a guy who says this in the real world would probably be a fat loser with no job and destructive persona...

johnmich

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
yea probably :p
Come on people am looking for lots of replies on your views

tristan22

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, i love fight club; but come on--Brad Pitt goes against every rule of the movie. If you adapt the Tyler Durden "i don't give a fuk attitude" your success with females with increase a lot!!!!!!!

Fight club = great movie, great message!

Brad Pitt = :down:

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah I don't give a **** is great for getting laid. =)

Life-Trainee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's a thorough scene by scene analysis of this movie. Google "Fight Club analysis". Basically it's about emasculation of modern men, malignant consumerism (hence the destruction of credit card buildings), image-driven lifestyle, etc..

HateOnMe

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well Tyler is the essence of man, hes brute, on point, and doesn't give a sh it. He gives pain and he takes it, and you'll doubt if the man can even cry. Hes the persona we fear we can tap into since hes so extreme.

Well for Nortons case, he is the essence of what society thinks is man. He works a steady job(probaly 9-5) behind a cubilcle, and working for some ass hole. An apartment full of ikea goods and still goin. He risks nothing and gains nothing, Hes already reached no where. All the things that society tells him should make him happy is actually making him miserable. Then he taps into another part of himself, the primal and extreme personality of Tyler.

Next thing you see is his apartment gone(no material goods holding him back now.)
He steps up to his boss
Creates fight club.
Has built a large militia.
Hes now a man you don't want to mess with.

In my opinion the part where the buildings destroyed as a metaphor for everthing holding us back from "Tyler" breakin down and goin primal. No more 9-5, no more tryin to climb the coporate ladder just to be some bosses ass licker. No more material goods determining(faking) if we were successful and happy of life. A man who no one would take a second look at had the power to destroy society.

mattathensga

Don Juan
Reaction score
DAMMIT. You're breaking the First two rules of Fight Club!

heheheh... I don't think its the "I don't give a F*ck" additude. I think that women are affected by the "I'm going to take control no matter what it takes" additude. ITs the intelligence, however destructive it is, its the imagination and creativity, and the (ultimately) the POWER that is displayed by Tyler Durden, the fact that HE is the one with the ideas, HE is the one that everyone else is willing to follow no matter what.... thats at least my opinion.....

The real question is if anyone can entirely Describe the "Purest" Alpha male characteristics that draw EVERY woman to him.... my thoughts would be .... Confidence, dedication, Power and control over ones own life, ability, and security within ones person... but hell, these are all things that lead to success, and women and men are both drawn towards successful partners. who wants to be with someone that thinks of themself as a looser?

QuanJuan

Don Juan
Reaction score
The only thing I can say is that a lot … A LOT…of the verbiage has direct associations with DJing;

“It's only after you've lost everything that you're free to do anything.” …, this is perfect wording for the poor AFC. He has to hit bottom and realize that he has no idea what he’s doing with women and the only way out of his doom is to destroy everything he was and then recreate it from the beginning in a new and unimaginable way.

“Man, I see in fight club (AFC guys) the strongest and smartest men who've ever lived. I see all this potential, and I see squandering. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy **** we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off.” …, this is what the women want, what they have been programmed for; the rock star and movie god. You have to be exciting; you have to be different, confrontive, in their face. We men are fighting back by realizing what these fembots have been programmed to want and we provide this as a part of our persona…, only holding back the true greatness of our personalities, our true selves for that one woman in 100,000 that could be a LTR for us.

“This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time”…, that’s why we can’t sit still and wait for women to become interested in us…, why we have to approach, blow off rejection, so we can live our lives now and not wake up 20 years later saying I should have!!

“Hey, you created me. I didn't create some loser alter-ego to make myself feel better. Take some responsibility!”…, that is what the AFC must do, create a new personality, a new perception of himself free from the programming and useless information the feminized media and matriarchs of his family fed him!!!

“All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I f#ck like you wanna f#ck, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.” …, these are all the DJ traits we need…, this is how to kill the AFC in you!!

“F#ck what you know. You need to forget about what you know, that's your problem. Forget about what you think you know about life, about friendship, and especially about you and me.” …, forget what you know about women, relationships, and love. It all has to be disassembled and then reassembled in a different order.

Dude…, I could go on and on. Watch the movie…, watch it again…, then remember the lines and live them!!!

jago25_98

Don Juan
Reaction score
How can Fight Club relate to the real world?

How's about the Nike slogan? - Just DO IT

He did bad, but at least he did something

People are dying all the time, left, right and centre. You'll be gone soon. She's there, who gives a damn about the consequences, sometimes, just sometimes,

JUST DO IT

A girlfriend said `Oh they love themselves` to which I said, sadness and self doubt, I'm not here for long, I've got no time for that. I love myself and I'm not going back to before. If anyone doesn't like it they can go screw themselves because I am the Don

-even if I'm not I'm going to believe it anyway. It doesn't mean you can be socially stupid; picking fights burns bridges. And I know when I'm outgunned too

Jay-X

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lifeforce
I think they like brad pitts haircut. Of course he is cool to don't give a **** about anything and saying "Self improvement is masturbation". The only problem is that a guy who says this in the real world would probably be a fat loser with no job and destructive persona...
that's exactly why it's not a don juan movie, imo: ok, he doesn't give a sh1t about anything and he's strongly against self improvement... how come his hair-do is so cool then? and, since he doesn't give a sh1t about anything, most probably combing and gelling his hair every morning should be the last thought of his... but you never see a single piece of hair out of place in the movie... how come his teeth are so white and perfect? how come he wears tight sweat pants, tight shirts and a tight jacket? how did he get those abs?
it's my favourite movie, beside a clockwork orange, though:)

Status
Not open for further replies.