Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

F*cked things up with a buddy

jmm854

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Background:

Every friday for the past couple of months I've gone to a good friend of mine's house. He's a foreign exchange student, and we played on the tennis team this year together. Since tennis started, it's been kinda an every friday thing that all the tennis players(there's 8 of us) meet up at his house(his parents go away for the weekend every friday afternoon), and have a good time. We usually get drunk, and there's usually chicks around as well.

The problem:

Last friday I invited a good friend of mine to go to the party. He really hit it off with a foreign exchange student from Germany, and we made plans to go back to my buddy's house this friday. We showed up this evening(I was his ride) around 7 and the girls came a little after that. It seemed like everyone was havin a great time, although I'll admit I was a bit too wasted. Anyway, I don't live all that far from David's house(the place where the party was.) Since I came in the door at 2:30 last weekend, I promised my parents I'd be home at a certain time. It got to be gettin time for me to go home, I had about 10 minutes, and I just flat out took off. No excuses. No explanation, nothing.

I guess my rationale was my parents can punish me but my friends can't. However, we're pretty good friends and when I tried to apologize for my actions, he blew me off, which I can understand. He got a ride home from someone else but took it really personally that I stood him up.

I got home on time, so I'm okay with mama and papa, but I need some advice on how to get my friend back in good graces. Thanks for any replies!

vinch

Don Juan
Reaction score
do you have a cellphone??
if so, say that your parents were checking on you and u had to leave cuz they asked you to do so otherwise u would be in trouble, which is the truth

The Antichrist_Star

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just be flat out honest with him... if he can't take your sincere apology, then I'm sorry, but you just have lost a friend. Just tell him the circumstances of what happened and he should understand... good luck.

There is no spoon...

jmm854

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know Matrix. Friends can be replaced, not a big deal. I mean, the man said "I'll never forgive you for leavin me hangin" and "F*ck you", after I tried to apologize. Somebody else gave him a ride home for crissake! In retrospect, I don't see why the f*ck it even matters whether I gave him a ride or someone else did. His comments above are just bullsh*t and frankly if he doesn't accept my apology for my actions, he's worse than I am.

I'm done with the situation, just stick to my tennis bros.