Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

External hard drives

electro shock

Don Juan
Reaction score
What's the most reliable external hard drive I could buy? I need something to hold at least 200 gigabytes, but I've had some bad experiences in the past with lost data and stuff, so I want to make sure that I buy one which will be reliable and not randomly delete everything I put in it....

Any help?

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Get a seagate and a hard drive enclosure. That'll be most reliable.

S-lemond

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Vincent
Get a seagate and a hard drive enclosure. That'll be most reliable.
yup

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I perfer Western Digital, at least the more expensive Western Digitals...

When I ran my computer company, we actually used both for different PC's... it was just about a 2:1 ratio on hard drive failures or problems we had.. (not many in all, but you hvae to keep up with this stuff) with Segate being the less reliable... maybe we just had some bad luck, but that's my exeperience with Segate.

We were getting ready to start putting Western Digital hard drives in all our pc's before I left.

I do agree with the External Hard Drive enclousre, best thing since sliced bread

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think Seagates and Western digital are of comparable quality.

Just don't get a maxtor, those are pieces of sh*t.

Johnnie5

Don Juan
Reaction score
yep HDD and an enclosure

no HDD is foolproof , anything that you really give a **** about burn to DVD 1st and us the HDD as a 2nd backup

Abbott

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd recommend getting a Western Digital and a USB enclosure. Don't use other interfaces because they aren't quite as universal as USB.

I'd also recommend getting an enclosure that doesn't need an AC adapter (uses power from the USB port).

I've bought Seagate, Western Digital, and Maxtor hard drives, and they all seem the same to me.

However, I've had one fellow claim that his family overall bought five different Seagate drives that all failed within six months.

Others, like Vincent apparently, don't like Maxtor.

However, I haven't heard anything bad about Western Digital drives yet. I'm sure that if I search hard enough I'll find someone who doesn't like them. But the fact that fewer people have complained about them definately says something.

Ben