"You Can't Argue a Woman Into Liking You"

You made your case like a lawyer. Stable job. Good guy. Ready for something real. All true. All irrelevant.

She weighed your points, nodded along, felt nothing — then fell hard for some tattooed bartender with a motorcycle and a gambling problem.

Logic is where attraction goes to die. The "22 Rules" work a level deeper, on the subconscious switches that decide within minutes whether you register as a MAN or as part of the furniture.

Stop presenting evidence. Start flipping switches.

Read more...

Ex being abused/How would you handle

Reto

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 3, 2003
Messages
836
Reaction score
1
Age
53
So, my ex calls me yesterday crying and tells me that the guy she dumped me for is abusing her. He won't let her have any of her guy friends, has threatened her with violence, and verbally abuses her. I think it's a matter of time before he actually does start beating her.

One part of me thinks of it as payback for hurting me. The other part of me wants to help her. (Under no circumstances do I want her back). I hate to see any woman treated like that.

I basically told her, you are the way you are. You have guy friends. He can't expect you to drop them or change for him. And he is the way he is. A jealous abuser. Either put up with his crap, or leave him.

I'm just curious how you guys would handle the situation...

I know. Why do I care? I don't know...
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 29, 2003
Messages
2,406
Reaction score
16
Location
Los Angeles
It's natural for you to care - I wouldn't worry about that in the slightest.

Now what do you propose to do about this? What does she expect you to do about this?

If I were you I would do nothing except advise her. Do not get caught up in the middle of this - don't let her stay at your place or pick her up at 2am in the morning - your going to be dragged in to an emotional turmoil - she's already hurt you once, don't give her a second chance.

Advise her to leave him - and if anything happens she should call the Police. She can also get a restraining order on him if she wants.

Those things above proves that she is serious about leaving - just telling you about him over the phone after they have argued and she needs comforting is not something you should base your actions upon.
 

Skel

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 5, 2003
Messages
1,721
Reaction score
10
Dont get involved unless you like drama and want problems that arent yours to become yours
 

lerxst

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 29, 2003
Messages
107
Reaction score
0
Location
wherever I lay my hat
Really the only thing you can and should do is tell her to leave him. And, if she says stuff like she can't, I love him, etc, all that other crap she will lay on you, then you have to stand firm and tell her that if he is abusing her, and doesn't leave him, then you aren't interested in hearing about it. I know it sounds heartless, but we are all personally responsible for ourselves ultimately, and if her choice is to stay, stupid as that is, nothing you say will ever convince her otherwise. If she's puts in the effort to leave him, most certainly help her in that regard, and be prepared to call the police for assistance. But be aware that your involvement in this whole thing can become a very dangerous situation for you depending on the level of violence that this other guy is capable of.
 

Julian

Banned
Joined
Jul 30, 2003
Messages
4,754
Reaction score
1,216
Who gives a sh1t. let her suffer. What, she kicks you to the curb then expects you to come play hero? Fucc that.
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Reto

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 3, 2003
Messages
836
Reaction score
1
Age
53
Thanx...I agree with all of you. Even Julian. I guess I just needed validation in my thinking.

Like I told her. Either accept him for who he is AND his sh!t, or leave. Simple as that...

As far as giving her a place to stay... I don't think so. I wouldn't let her move in when we were together, so she isn't now. Like what was said above. I don't need that drama...

What's interesting is that my sister is a big city cop. She told me all the domestic abuse cases she's handled, the abuser is typically afraid of other guys and getting his own @ss kicked. There is no lower life form than that than a guy who abuses any one like that...
 

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 25, 2002
Messages
2,163
Reaction score
679
Location
Florida
I agree with everyone. Never be that sweet caring "captain save a hoe" stupid son of a ***** who never gets laid. Let her wallow in her own mess.
 

AFK Protector

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 3, 2004
Messages
1,596
Reaction score
4
Location
United States of America
.....Reto, good move by giving her two choices and letting her decide.

Rest of you guys, I think you've been blinded by your emotions. Here's a girl, who needs help, who may be killed or hurt just because you couldn't get over your loss? If you gotta always think of stuff in DJ terms, then a real DJ would forget her and move on, but wouldn't hope for anything bad to happen to her. How would you feel if you heard on the news that a girl was beat to death by her boyfriend? Wouldn't you have wished that you were there to stop it? Plus, you need to report this MAHTHA'PHUCKIN woman beater. If he doesn't hurt her, he'll surely go after another girl. It's narrowminded men that are too caught up in their OWN feelings to realize how serious this situation is. Payback is for losers who dwell on the past.

What if this girl was your sister? If she picked on you as a kid, would you let her suffer? I think not.

And if you do, maybe you need some help yourself.
 

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 11, 2002
Messages
3,015
Reaction score
5
You did the right thing here. However if he did start to hit her, I would beat the living fukc out of him!! I could never see an X I shared all those close moments with, be with a guy like that!!
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Top