Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Every conversation leads back to Communism

Status
Not open for further replies.

FuzzX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So I'm having trouble with one of my friends. Everything he sends me leads back to this idea of communism and open sourcing etc etc. He's always passing me stuff that promotes 'free stuff' but in reality, he's just trying to boost this idea of luxury communism and 'the greater good'. Don't get me wrong, I like open source and free toys just as much as the next guy but he's obsessed with the idea of Universal Basic Incomes, free money from the guv, free software, basically everything 'free of charge'. The only problem is that all this free stuff usually sucks. The quality is generally crap compared to the paid alternatives. Not only that but he feels the world just needs more 'education'. In one way he's right, the cost of education in some areas is ridiculous, however, wouldn't everything be better simply by reducing taxes, having less government interference and making things more affordable? We don't need to give away anything if products and services were affordable and people saved their money and lived responsibly. For some reason no one likes that idea.

He's also living on money from a lawsuit. He happens to be pro feminism, pro LGBT and social justice despite being a white dude that was gang raped by his wife and her gaggle of bf's. Its unfortunate but in this climate I just don't have that many people .... normal thinking people, I can reach out and talk to. There seems to be, especially in Canada, a real push to give out everything for FREE to everyone except the blue collar workers. White collars who are swimming in dollars, seem to have this obsession with providing free stuff from taxes and relish the idea of paying extra taxes when its really the blue collars who are most affected by the tax hikes. UBI sounds wonderful until you factor in the disgusting amount of tax involved. "But you'll be able to go to school", "Buy what you want", "Live cheaply". I don't know where the hell these people get the idea that money falls from trees. They don't realize that someone has to pay for all of this and that with wage hikes come increased prices. A few years back, we got a great wage hike that everyone on the left fought hard for. A few months later minimum wage workers noticed that they were pushed into the secondary tax bracket for a regular work week while prices of food, rent, gasoline rose much higher. Jobs suddenly dried up and small businesses moved away. Of course now all those businesses are dead but if we continually give people free stuff, will they still want to work or innovate?

Where do people get the idea that communism = frolicking and free stuff? I'm pretty sure communists in Venezuela right now could tell a different story. Where do people get the idea that free stuff is better than paid stuff? He uses Star Trek alot to talk about how things should be but if you gave me free money and a spaceship, I would probably never get out of bed.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
So I'm having trouble with one of my friends. Everything he sends me leads back to this idea of communism and open sourcing etc etc. He's always passing me stuff that promotes 'free stuff' but in reality, he's just trying to boost this idea of luxury communism and 'the greater good'. Don't get me wrong, I like open source and free toys just as much as the next guy but he's obsessed with the idea of Universal Basic Incomes, free money from the guv, free software, basically everything 'free of charge'. The only problem is that all this free stuff usually sucks. The quality is generally crap compared to the paid alternatives. Not only that but he feels the world just needs more 'education'. In one way he's right, the cost of education in some areas is ridiculous, however, wouldn't everything be better simply by reducing taxes, having less government interference and making things more affordable? We don't need to give away anything if products and services were affordable and people saved their money and lived responsibly. For some reason no one likes that idea.

He's also living on money from a lawsuit. He happens to be pro feminism, pro LGBT and social justice despite being a white dude that was gang raped by his wife and her gaggle of bf's. Its unfortunate but in this climate I just don't have that many people .... normal thinking people, I can reach out and talk to. There seems to be, especially in Canada, a real push to give out everything for FREE to everyone except the blue collar workers. White collars who are swimming in dollars, seem to have this obsession with providing free stuff from taxes and relish the idea of paying extra taxes when its really the blue collars who are most affected by the tax hikes. UBI sounds wonderful until you factor in the disgusting amount of tax involved. "But you'll be able to go to school", "Buy what you want", "Live cheaply". I don't know where the hell these people get the idea that money falls from trees. They don't realize that someone has to pay for all of this and that with wage hikes come increased prices. A few years back, we got a great wage hike that everyone on the left fought hard for. A few months later minimum wage workers noticed that they were pushed into the secondary tax bracket for a regular work week while prices of food, rent, gasoline rose much higher. Jobs suddenly dried up and small businesses moved away. Of course now all those businesses are dead but if we continually give people free stuff, will they still want to work or innovate?

Where do people get the idea that communism = frolicking and free stuff? I'm pretty sure communists in Venezuela right now could tell a different story. Where do people get the idea that free stuff is better than paid stuff? He uses Star Trek alot to talk about how things should be but if you gave me free money and a spaceship, I would probably never get out of bed.
Woah, they all took turns in raping the dude in his butt?

FuzzX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
right up there in the money sphincter.

TheProspect

Reaction score
Locked.

Here's a reminder of the rules at the top of the Anything Else forum:
Pursuant to the SS Forum Rules stating no political discussions allowed, effective immediately the following enforcement action will be in effect:

Any member that starts a political thread or makes a political post to any thread will see their post deleted and will receive an initial warning from the mods. These warnings must be regarded with the utmost seriousness, as a repeat offense will result in a ban.

There are many important topics to discuss on SS, but if you want to talk politics, take it to a Political Forum.

The Moderation Team

Having "communism" in your thread title wasn't the most subtle way of circumventing the rules against political discussions was it lol

Status
Not open for further replies.