Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Event Horizon

DonEdwardo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Ok here is the situation....

1)Third official date.
2)We go to see a movie with a couple of my mates.
3)I know this is the crucial night either do something or be moved to the friends zone.

So I want to hug her hello.... I don't ( scared )
So I want to hold her hand as we walk into the mall.... I don't ( scared )
We have coffee before the movie, the best I can pull is to touch her shoulder
This is the night boys now or never, I don't do anything on the way into the movie ( scared )
The movie begins, all I want to do is put my arm around her shoulders ( scared )

About 35 minutes in, I see the dreaded friendship train, it's getting closer and closer, I have been here many times before. Paralysed by my fear! I want to reach out, every time I lean in to speak to her we touch she does not pull away. But there is the friendship train, closer, closer, laughing at me, taunting me.

And then I realize it, the training, the truth, it all comes into focus. All the dj's in the world together behind me. Now or never, you walk out of here a man or nothing, can you face the morning having failed one more time to fear.

I can't, I remember the rejection from 8 years ago, I can't do it, I can't face it. I want it, but I can't reach out and touch it. It's moving further and further away! No come back you can do it. You have to. I count to ten, the longest 10 in my life and nothing! The fear, the rejection, the pain. I count to 10 again, this time I will do it. But no fear has it's icey grip. I count to 10 again..... and I can't, but I must, I must, I must.

I must and then respite, app 55 minutes in, I have hardly watched the movie, and there like a glimmer of hope in the morning, there is this scene, a sweet lovey dovey scene. It is a sign, but I must admit I do not have the guts. So turn and whisper in her ear, "That's so sweet I need a hug".

#BOOOOOOOOOOM#

Time stops, I have gone to far, if I do not go for the hug now I will look so stupid, my event horizon has come. I have created a wall behind me, I created a place from which I have no way to retreat gracefully. I can either go cry in a corner from shame or walk out a man.

#BOOOOOOOOOOM#

I reach around her with my one arm. It's there around her neck. She does not grimace, she does not squirm, she does not stick me in the leg with a knife.

For the rest of the movie there it stays, and the world is finally in place.

Guys, I'm 26 and tonight is the first time I have had my arm around a women in the movies, the first time I have walked with a womens arm around my back, with mine around hers. Gentlemen tonight was the first night, I said goodnight with kiss. Tonight was my event horizon.

And I would just like to thank all you DJ's who over the years in any way have helped to make this site what it is today! Tonight is your night as well! For without you I would not have made it thus far.

Tonight after years of preperation and training, the journey has begun, I am not at the end, but the begining. There is much to learn and experience. But with the help of this site, I know it will be possible and I now look forward to it, for tommorrow the sun will shine and what a beautiful day it will be.

DonEdwardo

Slickster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
F*ckin' A!!!! Edwardo!!!

Funny thing is during that whole time while you were killing yourself trying to work up the courage to make a move. She was probably sitting there wishing with ALL her might that you would. :)

I hope you realize that now.

Great post.

Lovin' it.

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DonEdwardo

I reach around her with my one arm. It's there around her neck. She does not grimace, she does not squirm, she does not stick me in the leg with a knife.
I don't know, but chair in my movie theater is not comfortable at all: they are tall and have strange inclination...so I would not pull it off. I'd rather have some light kino - in movies or museum or whatever, and in the end when you walk her to her car.. go for a kiss. Not just a light kiss, but somehting more than that. Or maybe significantly more than that. Next time you automatically have a permisson to start making out as fast as you want...